ADVERTISEMENT

Roy gets political

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, what did he say that was wrong? Our president tweets as much as a highschool gossiping chick
I think people are having a problem because he called his tweets bullshit. If he would have just said the president tweets a lot I doubt anyone would care.

Reactions: Archer2
Now that we've cleared things up as to supporters of the right wing...when is the pussy grabbing party? Or do your Christian values support all that hate the burnt cheeto/bannon offer? Love all the cute remarks above though.

Roy was asked about the tournament being held in NYC. That's a far cry from Trump's use of Twitter. Roy would never make a disparaging remark about Obama in public. His political bias is showing.

I guess it's impossible to live in Chapel Hill and work at UNC without succumbing to the liberal mindset that is all our so prevalent at almost all our major universities.

Roy not disparaging Obama = political bias? Maybe it's that Obama wasn't going around acting like a complete tool? Nope - political bias!
FYI - love the "succumbing to the liberal mindset" line. Yeah, Roy was a pretty good guy till he came to Chapel Hill and got all those abortions.

CC

This thread is a pretty good illustration as to why Roy's comments were not appropriate. The only thing comments like that do is cause more divisiveness, even among people that come to a website because we share a common interest.. He didn't offer up a problem or a solution, just an off the cuff criticism of an individual that he apparently does not like nor respect. Back to UNC basketball for me....

A bunch of idiots (all of us) commenting about Roy's comments on a free BBall forum are proof that they were not appropriate? You must be really old or really young not to see the irony in that statement.

CC

Reactions: Dr.Jones23 and _B5
someone lock this thread!

images

C'mon bleed... Your avatar is, um, political.
Roy --- who is not the crusader Dean was --- is merely stating (painfully obvious) facts, however inconvenent those facts may be.
Wow and we thought Gary only knew "everything" about basketball. Hey Gary contrary to what you think , you saying it don't make it so.

Or the racist, homophobic, neo-Nazi, fascist group that has invaded the White House. If you feel that way Arch, stay the hell put of CH or the University, in fact don't support the athletic programs in any way.
You win the prize for stupidest remark of the year. No one had EVER accused Trump of being racist until he kicked crooked Hillary's azz in the election and then all of a sudden he is a racist and a nazi. Typical left wing nut idiocy.

You win the prize for stupidest remark of the year. No one had EVER accused Trump of being racist until he kicked crooked Hillary's azz in the election and then all of a sudden he is a racist and a nazi. Typical left wing nut idiocy.

That's simply not true. You must have came out of hibernation after the election? No seriously, it was said before he won too. Who am I though? I am just an american muslim, married to an american italian, who's dad came here in the 70's and saves lives for a living, who's brother served for the Air Force, sister is in education, and I like to think I have a nice productive to society job. Ban me from the country! haha.

If some of the comments I've seen in this thread about Trump were instead made about Obama, they'd be labeled as racist. Funny how this country is.

Or the racist, homophobic, neo-Nazi, fascist group that has invaded the White House. If you feel that way Arch, stay the hell put of CH or the University, in fact don't support the athletic programs in any way.
Your intolerant, extreme comments make you seem like the fascist. I've been rooting for the Heels since I was about 6 years old, that would be 1959. Probably waaaaaaaaay before you were born. So I've seen all kinds of Presidents come through the White House, the good, the bad, and the ugly. So please don't tell me to stay the hell out of Chapel Hill or to quit supporting the program.

BTW, I thought Trump and Clinton were both so flawed that I couldn't bring myself to vote for either one and did a write in instead.

To be fair, what did he say that was wrong? Our president tweets as much as a highschool gossiping chick
I cringe at some of his tweets as well. I wish he would think twice before posting some of the things he does.

Bottom line? I would prefer Roy not get political at a sporting event. On his own time, it's his prerogative to voice his political concerns.

Thank you for your kind remarks. It reveals a great deal about you and your belief system.

For the record Orangeness lost the popular vote by some 3 million votes, his electoral totals were not impressive, take a look back at say #43's or #44's, but you keep on living in the new "alternative" world.

Reactions: Heels Noir
That's simply not true. You must have came out of hibernation after the election? No seriously, it was said before he won too. Who am I though? I am just an american muslim, married to an american italian, who's dad came here in the 70's and saves lives for a living, who's brother served for the Air Force, sister is in education, and I like to think I have a nice productive to society job. Ban me from the country! haha.

Best post of the year. Sk, thank you and your family for all they do for all of us.

Reactions: Sk1310
Guys and gals...

Let's move on. This is why they say never talk politics to your friends, you might just find out something you don't like.

Time to come together. We have a GAME today! Can we all agree to focus on coming together for that one?

Go Heels!

After looking at the whining going on on this thread by the losers in the last election I have a deeper understanding of why there is so much crying, bitching, and assigning blame after every UNC loss. What ever happened to manning up and congratulating the victors? Work harder to win next time!

Hey Arch, go watch some reruns of WRAL and your hero Jesse railing again that "bastion of liberalism" over in CH.
And we've watched the Heels for the same time span.
My hero Jesse? Not hardly. You continue to judge people without knowing them. Look, whether you like it or not, UNC is a bastion of liberalism, just as most universities these days are. That's simply a fact. The "bastion of free speech", Cal Berkeley, couldn't even allow a person with opposing views to speak without violent protesters doing $100K worth of damages and causing the appearance to be cancelled. Is that tolerance or free speech? I think not.

After looking at the whining going on on this thread by the losers in the last election I have a deeper understanding of why there is so much crying, bitching, and assigning blame after every UNC loss. What ever happened to manning up and congratulating the victors? Work harder to win next time!
It's the "participation trophy" mentality that the liberals have created. You know, the one where there isn't a loser and everyone gets a trophy.

I don't care what he said, but it literally has no bearing on all at the question asked. Thus; I wonder why he made the comment. It is like he had an agenda for some reason in throwing that in there.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
My meaning was during the election process and I will wait for you to show me one time he was called a racist before he entered the Republican race.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Yep, just as long as he agrees with you. If he had made a statement supporting DJT you'd be raising hell. You can go back to your hole now.

You're wrong actually. I support anyone making comments for issues they feel passionate about. That's what this country is founded upon, free speech. Would I dislike someone who made comments against my views? Of course. It's why I dislike Belichick, Brady, Tebow, etc. But I support allowing them to speak up. And I absolutely would view anyone more favorably who is a liberal and speaks up. Like Roy and Dean!! :D

It just seems that way because so many conservatives are hostile to science, facts and truth.
You mean science like a person with male sexual organs is male and one with female sexual organs is female? Or do you mean making global warming a thing based on about 100 years of weather history and making millions of dollars by doing it??

It just seems that way because so many conservatives are hostile to science, facts and truth.
Truths like "if you like your doctor you cane keep him"? or like this "truth".."We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care," Obama said. "Families will save on their premiums; businesses that will see their costs rise if we do nothing will save money now and in the future. This plan will strengthen Medicare and extend the life of that program. And because it gets rid of the waste and inefficiencies in our health care system, this will be the largest deficit reduction plan in over a decade.

I can already tell this is going to be a very productive thread.

It's really a shame we can't discuss politics anywhere without it turning into "BLAH BLAH LIBERALS BAD" and "TRUMP IS A NAZI IMPEACH!!"

Its honestly funny how some of you support one side like it's a sports team or a cult.

You mean science like a person with male sexual organs is male and one with female sexual organs is female? Or do you mean making global warming a thing based on about 100 years of weather history and making millions of dollars by doing it??
Excellent examples of how cons have abandoned science and reason. Thanks.

Reactions: Heels Noir
Truths like "if you like your doctor you cane keep him"? or like this "truth".."We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care," Obama said. "Families will save on their premiums; businesses that will see their costs rise if we do nothing will save money now and in the future. This plan will strengthen Medicare and extend the life of that program. And because it gets rid of the waste and inefficiencies in our health care system, this will be the largest deficit reduction plan in over a decade.
More from the silly season talking points collection.

You are going to have to come up with a better source than that , better yet check the list of landlords that have been sued for housing discrimination.

I don't have to do a thing, you find your own source proving it didn't happen.
"Facts don't have feelings".

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT