ADVERTISEMENT

Roy gets political

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know what the AHCA is going to cost , so don't act like you do. We have to pass it to see what's in it..............LMFAO UCA better than nothing? No it is worse than nothing. My premiums didn't go up 250% when there was nothing.

I don't know but plenty of experts do and it predict it will cost more and delivery less. I guess it all comes down to you got yours, screw the other guy? Be thankful your premiums didn't go up 350%.

CC

You don't know what the AHCA is going to cost , so don't act like you do. We have to pass it to see what's in it..............LMFAO UCA better than nothing? No it is worse than nothing. My premiums didn't go up 250% when there was nothing.

On a serious note - if you did get screwed by the ACA and that was a big reason you voted for trump then I can't argue with your decision. I still think it's a bad decision but I can't blame you for your vote.

CC

I don't know but plenty of experts do and it predict it will cost more and delivery less. I guess it all comes down to you got yours, screw the other guy? Be thankful your premiums didn't go up 350%.

CC
"plenty of experts"? The same ones who said Hildabeast would win in a landslide? There are no experts when it comes to health care and it sure isn't the gov't..

"plenty of experts"? The same ones who said Hildabeast would win in a landslide? There are no experts when it comes to health care and it sure isn't the gov't..

Since the "experts" called Clinton by 3-5% and she won by what, um, 3%, you may want to rethink your worthless comparison. And yes there are experts at predicting policy implications but I'm sure they are biased, or fake or some other excuse that allows you to ignore their advice.

CC

Since the "experts" called Clinton by 3-5% and she won by what, um, 3%, you may want to rethink your worthless comparison. And yes there are experts at predicting policy implications but I'm sure they are biased, or fake or some other excuse that allows you to ignore their advice.

CC
Guess you didn't hear ....she lost! LMFAO .....and your experts turn out to be wrong more than not , just see the UCA.

Last edited:
Wow. Never said that BTW, but hey, keep flailing. Maybe you'll invent something to make yourself feel better, you know, like a certain night-tweeter does...
Only one flailing is you , as you continue to try and back pedal from your DSJ "tid bit" and I don't need to invent anything since the board and I now know to take your comments with a box of salt . I guess Boo got a big chuckle when he read your post and realized that you took it hook , line and sinker.

Roy needs to pay more attention to basketball and less attention to social media and politics.. If he wants to run for political office he will have time to do that when he is through coaching..Same goes for Krat.
So Roy shouldn't have a freakin opinion about anything else in this world except Carolina basketball? You can't be serious. I hate this "shut your mouth and play" or "shut your mouth and coach" mentality. It's the same people that hate when professional athletes take social or political stance. There lives are affected by politics and policy just like everyone else. Being a high profile coach or players doesn't shield you from the repercussions of what goes on on capital hill or the white house. They are american citizens first and foremost and should be able to voice there opinion.

So Roy shouldn't have a freakin opinion about anything else in this world except Carolina basketball? You can't be serious. I hate this "shut your mouth and play" or "shut your mouth and coach" mentality. It's the same people that hate when professional athletes take social or political stance. There lives are affected by politics and policy just like everyone else. Being a high profile coach or players doesn't shield you from the repercussions of what goes on on capital hill or the white house. They are american citizens first and foremost and should be able to voice there opinion.
I think the biggest issue is that he was being interviewed about a basketball game and maybe he should stick to the "subject".

Only one flailing is you , as you continue to try and back pedal from your DSJ "tid bit" and I don't need to invent anything since the board and I now know to take your comments with a box of salt . I guess Boo got a big chuckle when he read your post and realized that you took it hook , line and sinker.
You really are a sad case, aren't you? Not that this even deserves a response, but as I said at the time, I reported Boo Williams' statement that was heard by several coaches, just as it was said... and I also said that I didn't buy what Boo was selling. There were too many other factors at work (handler). And as a matter of fact I made of point at the time of that post of admonishing folks not to throw it back at me if Boo's lament didn't come true. because it probably wouldn't.

Now, granted, for the feeble-minded it may be hard to grasp anything more nuanced than "See Spot run", but if somehow you think any of that is supposed to make me look bad?... then you are just a damned fool. Thanks for the laugh though.

You really are a sad case, aren't you? Not that this even deserves a response, but as I said at the time, I reported Boo Williams' statement that was heard by several coaches, just as it was said... and I also said that I didn't buy what Boo was selling. There were too many other factors at work (handler). And as a matter of fact I made of point at the time of that post of admonishing folks not to throw it back at me if Boo's lament didn't come true. because it probably wouldn't.

Now, granted, for the feeble-minded it may be hard to grasp anything more nuanced than "See Spot run", but if somehow you think any of that is supposed to make me look bad?... then you are just a damned fool. Thanks for the laugh though.
Oh so you were spreading "fake news".:cool:

Now these are alternative facts. I may not be very bright, but I do know that Trump won the race.

And the experts were predicting Clinton to win the popular AND the electoral votes, for those that may have conveniently forgotten.

Yeah the got the point spread right but missed on the over/under.

CC

She did - but it was a split decision and the Russian judge totally jobbed her!

CC
LMFAO....so you are going with the imaginary Russian hack. Be sure to let me know what exactly they hacked and why they would want Trump over Hillary , when Hil would be the one cutting defense spending??? Your arguments just keep getting weaker.

She did - but it was a split decision and the Russian judge totally jobbed her!

CC
Technically, according to the constitution it was a unanimous win. The electoral college is the only one that counts. Life would be easier if everyone would just accept the fact that he won. It would also be nice if people actually understood how much power a president really has, which is nowhere near as much as people seem to think.

A little advice: the more you flail, the faster you'll drown.
Methinks you'd better hope for a lifeguard at this point, or start dog-paddling toward the shore. This little swim hasn't gone very well for ya... :p
I've been backstroking , you still trying to drown your DSJ story but that thing just won't go down the drain and you are starting to cramp badly.. Mean while Trump still winning and setting the agenda with his tweets. The man is a leader and negotiator without peer.

There are two things that are irrefutable. Trump won because mainstream America wasn't happy with the general direction in which the country was headed and because the Dems picked one of the very few candidates that was just as flawed as Trump. They couldn't have picked a worse candidate. Even Sanders, who was screwed by DWS and the DNC, would have had a better chance to defeat Trump. The D's have no one to blame but themselves.

And again, I couldn't bring myself to cast a vote for either of those seriously flawed candidates.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I've been backstroking , you still trying to drown your DSJ story but that thing just won't go down the drain and you are starting to cramp badly.. Mean while Trump still winning and setting the agenda with his tweets. The man is a leader and negotiator without peer.
Poor fella. Ya see... there's the difference.
I simply recounted a story (that was 100% true) about someone I said was likely full of sh**...
You actually choose to believe someone who is 100% full of sh**.

...annnnnddd he's down for the count.
200.webp

You really shouId've thought twice before you got into this.
I'd offer to help but I'm bored with it now, so...

Poor fella. Ya see... there's the difference.
I simply recounted a story (that was 100% true) about someone I said was likely full of sh**...
You actually choose to believe someone who is 100% full of sh**.

...annnnnddd he's down for the count.
200.webp

You really shouId've thought twice before you got into this.
I'd offer to help but I'm bored with it now, so...
Love how your story has changed , but it won't work that hook was in soooo deep it had to be cut out. I know Boo or your mafia buddy or whoever still chuckles to themselves when they think about reeling you in on that one. You were as giddy as a school girl when you repeated it on Radar. Trump still winning and still setting the agenda....Gar Bear not so much and has now resorted to silly little meme's. I WIN.

LMFAO....so you are going with the imaginary Russian hack. Be sure to let me know what exactly they hacked and why they would want Trump over Hillary , when Hil would be the one cutting defense spending??? Your arguments just keep getting weaker.

You really don't know how the world works do you? When is the last time ANYBODY cut defense spending?
Only weak cause I happen to argue down to the level of competition.

CC

CC asks "When was the last time ANBODY cut defense spending?"

This, according to Politifact, on an article discussing military spending under Obama:

"Overall spending on national security includes the Pentagon budget as well as spendingby other agencies, such as the Energy Department’s work on nuclear weapons. Spending increased in 2010 and 2011, but it has fallen every year for four years since then by a cumulative 15 percent.

Other ways of looking at the question show declines as well. National security spending made up 20.1 percent of the federal budget in 2010, but in 2015 it was 15.9 percent. Over the same period, spending fell from 4.6 percent of gross domestic product to 3.3 percent."

This, according to Politifact, on an article discussing military spending under Obama:

"Overall spending on national security includes the Pentagon budget as well as spendingby other agencies, such as the Energy Department’s work on nuclear weapons. Spending increased in 2010 and 2011, but it has fallen every year for four years since then by a cumulative 15 percent.

Other ways of looking at the question show declines as well. National security spending made up 20.1 percent of the federal budget in 2010, but in 2015 it was 15.9 percent. Over the same period, spending fell from 4.6 percent of gross domestic product to 3.3 percent."

Cool (I assumed he just kept spending flat.)

CC

First, I do not like celebrities trying to be political commentators, no matter which side they support. I do not want, need, or listen to an actor, a musician, or a coach when it comes to politics. Roy is and Dean was great coaches, hall of fame coaches but I am not going to agree with their political views. Fact is Trump is our president and will be for at least the next 4yrs and likely the next 8. Trump was elected per our constitution and the matter is 100% settled, maybe now it is time for everyone to wake up to that fact and support your president just as those of us that did not like Obama's election had to do for 8yrs. This sniping back & forth gets us no where and it darn sure does not change what any of us believe.

I fully believe there are 3 topics that are badly in need of honest and open discussion in this country and the only way to move forward with any of the 3 is by having a honest and open fair minded discussion nationally. But when it comes to politics, sex, and Religion I do not know that it is possible to have a fair honest and open discussion because there is so much passion involved on each side. Attempts at such discussions IMO will always break down in to arguments and when held on the national level easily break down in to violence, seen way to much of that since this election was called for Trump. When it comes to these 3 topics people do not want to discuss. they say they want to but in fact what they want to do is dictate terms of the opposing views surrender.

I am proud to be a conservative Republican that believes in our constitution that does not agree that our constitution is in need of a re-write in order to serve some groups individual agendas. But I am not here to force my political views on you any more than you want to hear them. I am here to talk UNC basketball, I want Roy to limit his public scope to just that as well. There are a lot of folks here that I consider friends, good people that will not agree with my political views and I am good with that, it does not find me losing respect for them in any way. One of the things that make this country great is that we the people do have the right to voice our opinions and the very fact that we do not all agree all the time, that there are opposing views constantly expressed does tend to keep us a free people and not servants to one and only 1 political narrative.

But I am not here to force my political views on you any more than you want to hear them. I am here to talk UNC basketball, I want Roy to limit his public scope to just that as well.

I have no issues with your post except this. You don't want to force your political views on anybody but you do want to limit what Roy does in public.

Roy can (and should) comment on any subject he want's to just like you or I. He has to live with the consequences of those comments. Those consequences could range from annoying some pinheads on a free bball forum to pissing of his employer and losing his job. Either way, that is up to Roy, not you, me, or anyone else.

CC

Cool (I assumed he just kept spending flat.)

CC
Assuming makes you an {ASS}ume which is appropriate for you because it goes with and fits right in behind the dumb. I am now tired of arguing down to your level since you don't understand the math.

Thx maybe you finally penetrated that thick Canuck skull.

He has to basically hold a class to his players yearly about social media conduct, I am sure he is disappointed that what he was teaching is not what the president does...

Sounds more like Roy was standing up for Greensboro than anything.

Assuming makes you an {ASS}ume which is appropriate for you because it goes with and fits right in behind the dumb. I am now tired of arguing down to your level since you don't understand the math.

It is funny how of all the problems/issues that the US faces there is one, and only one, that can be solved with money.

CC

I have no issues with your post except this. You don't want to force your political views on anybody but you do want to limit what Roy does in public.

Roy can (and should) comment on any subject he want's to just like you or I. He has to live with the consequences of those comments. Those consequences could range from annoying some pinheads on a free bball forum to pissing of his employer and losing his job. Either way, that is up to Roy, not you, me, or anyone else.

CC

I do not look or expect to limit Roy's political views nor did I with Dean's. But Roy does not work for the media, he is a basketball coach and those that put him in that position are from all political sides. I want to hear what our coaches thinks and feels about our basketball team and I do not think it appropriate for him to comment on political matters publicly. If he wants to be a political commentator then retire and get a gig with MSNBC or Fox and talk all the politics he wants on that forum because that is where those type of discussion are to be had. I feel that way no matter if Roy were left or right, no matter if he agrees with me or not.

I do see Roy or any coach active discussing political matters as their attempt to force their politial beliefs on me with out my having the ability to reply. Because you have a great jump shot or because you coach people that do does not make you a political expert, a basketball expert maybe but not a political expert.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT