ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor: Pitino is attempting to flip Ian Jackson

Hubert better not let it happen. If he loses his top commitment to crappy programs in back to back recruiting classes, on top of missing the NCAA tournament, he might as well start updating his resume.
Not his fault that he lost GG.

Not his fault that he lost GG.
Maybe not, but if he loses his top commit in back to back classes to local awful programs, he's going to have trouble keeping his job. His recruiting is the only thing buying him time right now.

He better be on a plane to visit Ian soon. And he better find out what it will take to keep Ian committed. If St John's tries to buy him with NIL, Hubert better get the boosters to beat it.

GG could have helped this team...BUT...we probably wouldnt have made the NCAA either way. We still cant shoot.

Understood that Rick did some sweet talking to secure a 6 year contract to coach St. John's. With Rick's past not so sure that Jackson's family will allow him to be responsible for their son. Parents do research on coaches just as coaches do on players.

Maybe not, but if he loses his top commit in back to back classes to local awful programs, he's going to have trouble keeping his job. His recruiting is the only thing buying him time right now.

He better be on a plane to visit Ian soon. And he better find out what it will take to keep Ian committed. If St John's tries to buy him with NIL, Hubert better get the boosters to beat it.
St John's has a great basketball history ,and St Johns can be a killer program again if Pitino can land some top players.

If HD loses Jackson to Pitino, I think that just adds more bricks in his small boat. Not much more before it sinks. If he can't entice recruits to stay with their commitment, it looks pretty badd.

Losing Nickel looks even worse, to me. The all-time highest-scoring bball player in VA history just left the team cuz the coaching staff would never play him.

If HD loses Jackson to Pitino, I think that just adds more bricks in his small boat. Not much more before it sinks. If he can't entice recruits to stay with their commitment, it looks pretty badd.

Losing Nickel looks even worse, to me. The all-time highest-scoring bball player in VA history just left the team cuz the coaching staff would never play him.
Losing Jackson would be a disaster.

It's TBD whether losing Nickel is a big deal or not. He hasn't proven he can play well at this level yet. The fact UVA didn't want him out of high school, and doesn't want him now that he's in the portal, seems like a red flag to me.

It's now officially a race to see what recruiting site can interview Jackson first.

Last edited:

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Rick Pimp Tino will teach St. John’s players how to bang down low, penetrate the middle, attack the rack, and he’ll give the University some solid D
Touche!

There is such a long way until 2024 kids arrive and with NIL packages thrown at these kids, it’s probably best not to count on the mega class until they show up on campus.
No kidding.

I am not a premium member but someone should read the article. Why in Jackson picked UNC and see how much of that rings true for patino and St. John's.

I am not a premium member but someone should read the article. Why in Jackson picked UNC and see how much of that rings true for patino and St. John's.
I don't think it matters. Young kids will often go after the shiny new thing. If Ian wants to go to St John's...he will, even if it's as simple as making big NIL money in NYC over traveling to Chapel Hill.
Duke is the only school that is guaranteed a group of 5 stars every year.
The rest of us will have to scratch and claw for everyone we get.
I think it was a tremendous for Hubert to get Ian Jackson to commit in the first place. Let's hope he follows through.

New York is one of the states that high school athletes can make NIL while in high school. In fact, Ian Jackson and Boogie Fland have been pulling down some good high school NIL for the last couple of years. For this reason, if he decommits and goes to St. Johns it will not be because of NIL. If he makes it to UNC, St. Johns will not be able to match the UNC NIL.

I'm sure that if IAN wants to reclass, Hubert will take him.

If Hubert loses his top commitment in 2023 and his top commitment in 2024, on top of what he allowed to occur this past season, he should be fired on the spot.

Reactions: TarHeelFanWV
New York is one of the states that high school athletes can make NIL while in high school. In fact, Ian Jackson and Boogie Fland have been pulling down some good high school NIL for the last couple of years. For this reason, if he decommits and goes to St. Johns it will not be because of NIL. If he makes it to UNC, St. Johns will not be able to match the UNC NIL.

I'm sure that if IAN wants to reclass, Hubert will take him.

A St John’s grad who is a billionaire is paying the tab just like in Miami. I assure you they can pay more if it comes down to that. Sadly this is the future for recruiting.

A St John’s grad who is a billionaire is paying the tab just like in Miami. I assure you they can pay more if it comes down to that. Sadly this is the future for recruiting.
UNC has richer alums. We can outbid St John's if it comes down to it.

There is absolutely no excuse for allowing this to happen again after GG.

He cleared his Instagram profile and his profile pic currently says Loading……

Not good! I would expect a decommit in the next few days! If so, unbelievable. Hubert might be out the door by after year 3…if next season doesn’t go very good! I’m currently thinking it will be much worse than this year

Last edited:
If Hubert loses his top commitment in 2023 and his top commitment in 2024, on top of what he allowed to occur this past season, he should be fired on the spot.
How much control does HD have over the NIL? Maybe that's why Love had no shooting restrictions. NIL sucks

He cleared his Instagram profile and his profile pic currently says Loading……

Not good! I would expect a decommit in the next few days! If so, unbelievable. Hubert might be out the door by after year 3…if next season doesn’t go very good! I’m currently thinking it will be much worse than this year
So Hubert is going to lose his top commitment in back to back classes. He just took the #1 team in the country and missed the NCAA tournament. He just set the record for worst 3pt shooting team in UNC history. He's had too many transfers to count in his 2 years, including several he recruited as head coach.

The sooner we move on, the better.

So Hubert is going to lose his top commitment in back to back classes. He just took the #1 team in the country and missed the NCAA tournament. He just set the record for worst 3pt shooting team in UNC history. He's had too many transfers to count in his 2 years, including several he recruited as head coach.

I totally agree!

Reactions: darrell.shives

Your outlook sure has changed!

Unless there is some type of controversy that makes the school look bad, he'll get four years. I don't think anyone has high expectations for next year, but year four is definitely going to be a year where he has to have a UNC type of achievement.

Your outlook sure has changed!
I literally said Hubert needed to be fired a few weeks ago. You even posted on the thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT