ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry to say this about Sam....

If he's hurt, that's a different situation than just sitting out for the draft.
True, but weren't the x-rays were negative? Doesn't sounds (so far) like an injury that would prevent you from playing a month from now.

True, but weren't the x-rays were negative? Doesn't sounds (so far) like an injury that would prevent you from playing a month from now.
I don't have anymore info about his injury than anyone else. The guys who said they were sitting out said it was because of the draft and the extremely small chance of an injury. Sam is already hurt. His isn't a small theoretical chance. Not sure how either can be compared.

ETA: There's also a difference between the biggest bowl game in program history and the Mayo bowl.

Reactions: Archer2
sam's got to be beaten up and sore all over and the MooU game will be another game where he takes a beating. makes perfect sense to sit out versus wofford. agree with @tarheel0910 about the difference in the orange bowl and the mayo/toilet bowl. maye and criswell need the real game reps. i don't feel like we've wasted sam's career. the first two seasons were actually good, especially considering the two previous seasons. we certainly wasted this season though - there is no possible way to salvage this season anymore, not after the Pitt game. clearly we were over rated to begin the season but that can't be used to overshadow the fact that we simply underperformed this season. i am still in the mack camp but no way he thought we'd struggle to make a bowl game this season. we do have coaching issues that need to be addressed before next season

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Forget about the last two years, with what Sam has done this year with no offensive line and basically only two skill guys (Downs and Chandler); I'd take SAM HOWELL every single day of the week and THREE times on Sunday. The NFL teams that need a QB, and there are many, don't take him, they'll regret it.

I don't have anymore info about his injury than anyone else. The guys who said they were sitting out said it was because of the draft and the extremely small chance of an injury. Sam is already hurt. His isn't a small theoretical chance. Not sure how either can be compared.

ETA: There's also a difference between the biggest bowl game in program history and the Mayo bowl.
Regarding 'small theoretical chance' injuries are way more frequent to non-qbs.

So then a QB has even more reason to play in a bowl if he's fine but happened to be dinged up 6 weeks earlier in the yr.
If he's fine then yes, if he's not then no. I'm not sure what you are trying to argue here. I've never said he shouldn't play if healthy. I've just said sitting out the mayo bowl is different than sitting out the biggest game in program history.

Reactions: uncboy10
It is on the front page of TOS that Sam is playing. The kid is an absolute warrior!

Might know more later this week. I think Mack has a presser on Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully get something from that.
Keep in mind we had a running back that said he was going to play last year, then changed his mind like a week later.

If he's healthy, Sam will play. He's not going to quit on the team. However, in this case, I think he just be better off to not play. We've got two quarterbacks that we need to get sorted out and get some playing time. And, this bowl game is pretty meaningless. Last year, in the orange bowl, it was the biggest bowl game in the school's history. We definitely didn't need guys quitting on the team.

Hey @gteeitup, apparently Sam has been swinging his dick around at the senior bowl in front of the people who get paid to draft players. And guess what? All these draft "experts" are talking about him moving up the boards.

Yea he’s killing it and it makes you realize even more how much we sucked for him to look as avg as he did during the season. Makes me dread next year.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
Hey @gteeitup, apparently Sam has been swinging his dick around at the senior bowl in front of the people who get paid to draft players. And guess what? All these draft "experts" are talking about him moving up the boards.
pittsburgh, denver, washington, and new orleans would be good spots imo…pittsburgh last only because their line is terrible.

the saints and denver would be incredible for him.

pittsburgh, denver, washington, and new orleans would be good spots imo…pittsburgh last only because their line is terrible.

If Sam went to Washington... I would probably take more of an interest in the team!

Washington is a shit stain of an organization. Hope that isn't his destination.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Pretty much says the opposite of what a lot of fans were saying. It's almost like some of them don't know what they are talking about.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
Yeah, with the same offensive line, gimme Sam.
i agree he didn't have the Receivers or the offensive line. what would he have done with Alabama or Georgia type
offensive line or even the receivers we had last year, he spent the year running for his life half the time.

Reactions: Archer2
Hope the Panthers can end up with Sam.
They really should use that first round pick on the OL. Maybe drop back from 6 if necessary and get more picks, then get Sam later?

But they will probably take Pickett at 6 and that will probably suck in the long term.

ADVERTISEMENT