ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry to say this about Sam....

Sam's status with the draft is all over the place. These teams lie thru their teeth to throw others off and reveal who they really want on draft day. I would absolutely LOVE Sam to end up with the REDSKINS (yeah that is what I have called them since 1964 and NO bag of politically correct nonsense is going to change that). Many draft gurus like Kiper and Mcshay have Wilis, Pickett, Corrall and another guy ahead of Sam. who the hell really knows with these lying sobs in the NFL???

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Hope the Panthers can end up with Sam.
They really should use that first round pick on the OL. Maybe drop back from 6 if necessary and get more picks, then get Sam later?

But they will probably take Pickett at 6 and that will probably suck in the long term.
I know there are a few places being thrown around for Sam. I'm hoping he can go where he has a decent offensive line, but I don't know which team that would be since I don't watch the NFL anymore. If he doesn't, I guess he will have some experience in how to deal with it.

I know there are a few places being thrown around for Sam. I'm hoping he can go where he has a decent offensive line, but I don't know which team that would be since I don't watch the NFL anymore. If he doesn't, I guess he will have some experience in how to deal with it.
Yeah, he's used to running for his life, so that's a bonus for the Panthers since their OL is crappy.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I don't really follow the NFL at all but if the Panthers ended up getting Sam then I might have to tune back in.

If their scouts think that Sam and the other QB options are comparable in talent then I think Sam gets the advantage for being the more marketable hometown kid who played his college ball nearby too. There's gotta be lots of UNC fans out there like myself who might be more inclined to check out a game or buy a jersey if a Tar Heel is under (behind) center.

I am hoping the Redskins draft Sam in the 4th. It would be an ideal setup for him behind Wentz and Henicke

I'm a little confused how he slid this far down. It sounds like his workouts went pretty well
Supposedly he was great at his interviews as well. Not sure why either, but he's going to prove someone wrong. Just hope it's for a team I could half-way pull for. LOL

ETA: he's showing up as the best available pick per ESPN. His overall rank was #50.

Any thoughts now that he should have played another year at UNC?
Hindsight is 20/20. It was a weak draft class and he received good feedback from scouts/teams and made his decision. He'll miss out on some $ but will get his opportunity to show his worth starting this pre-season.

I hope he ends up in a good situation. Often the ultimate success of a drafted QB has everything to do with the situation as much as talent.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I am hoping the Redskins draft Sam in the 4th. It would be an ideal setup for him behind Wentz and Henicke
I was a Redskins fan... but, that franchise is a cesspool. That owner has completely destroyed it. I would never want a cherished kid like Sam to wind up in a place that will squander his talents even further.

Any thoughts now that he should have played another year at UNC?
How much NIL $ would he get at UNC or transferring to someone like LSU.

I guess these 4th+ rounds are getting 3 or 4 million contracts.

But for health and growth I think it was time to go. Someone NFL coach needs to teach him how to throw-it-away.

I see why he dropped, but he could be a steal of the draft at the same time.

Hell, maybe at this point it would be better if he goes undrafted and gets a chance to sign with whoever is the best fit.
If he went undrafted, maybe a big stink would be made about how NIL and one more yr would have been better financially... Like Love/Bacot, maybe more kids will stay in college longer.

Finally. He got picked by Washington. The organization is sucky. I do like Rivera though. With a so-so Wentz as the starter for now, he might have a shot at some point. We all know he will work hard.

Reactions: Archer2
Greatest QB in UNC history (by far) and he slips all the way to the 5th round....

I hate to be super negative, but this has got to be one of the worst cases of squandered talent in the history of college football.

Greatest QB in UNC history (by far) and he slips all the way to the 5th round....

I hate to be super negative, but this has got to be one of the worst cases of squandered talent in the history of college football.
It will get worse... he's in DC!

Hindsight is 20/20. It was a weak draft class and he received good feedback from scouts/teams and made his decision. He'll miss out on some $ but will get his opportunity to show his worth starting this pre-season.
Will he get enough reps though? He'll be coming in as QB3. It's pretty much a worst case scenario for Sam.

strum You are right about the franchise .Been a fan since 1964 and Snyder is the WORST owner, not just in the NFL, BUT IN ALL pro sports. A disaster for 20 years!! y only hope now is that these multiple investigations will force this clown to sell the team. Rivera is a good man and is doing all he can to turn the direction around....Sam is n a great spot from a team standpoint. I think the Skins got a real steal in this draft

strum You are right about the franchise .Been a fan since 1964 and Snyder is the WORST owner, not just in the NFL, BUT IN ALL pro sports. A disaster for 20 years!! y only hope now is that these multiple investigations will force this clown to sell the team. Rivera is a good man and is doing all he can to turn the direction around....Sam is n a great spot from a team standpoint. I think the Skins got a real steal in this draft
I don't think he will ever, EVER be "forced to sell the team." That dude must have dirt on people that haven't even been born. You'd think that someone as conniving and slippery could manage to own an NFL team without totally ruining everything about it. But, he's a special force of nature.

Will he get enough reps though? He'll be coming in as QB3. It's pretty much a worst case scenario for Sam.
I said that before he was selected by Wash as I was hoping he could land on a team like NO/Minn/Indy/Det/Seattle etc that needed a QB of the future. Wouldn't rule out someone trading for QB2 in Wash as I think he's proven he can play in the NFL. Hoping he takes advantages of the reps he gets in the pre-season games and does well.

...I think the Skins got a real steal in this draft
i still call em the skins too. i don't think naming our beloved sports teams after native americans is an insult, i think it's a tribute! i'm greek-american and i have no problem with the msu spartans.

i still call em the skins too. i don't think naming our beloved sports teams after native americans is an insult, i think it's a tribute! i'm greek-american and i have no problem with the msu spartans.
Well, you should. It's 2022, for goodness sake! Being of Irish descent, I am always offended that people assume I'm an ill-tempered drunk. And, they expect me to be wearing a bowler hat and an Amish-style beard!

Well, you should. It's 2022, for goodness sake! Being of Irish descent, I am always offended that people assume I'm an ill-tempered drunk. And, they expect me to be wearing a bowler hat and an Amish-style beard!
we're not talking about neg. stereotypes. we're talking about naming sports teams to create positive connotations of a fighting spirit. are you offended by notre dame calling themselves the irish?

STRUMMINGRAM. I feel your pain. 32 teams in the NFL and Sam ends up in DC. I cannot
stomach the thought of him playing for Dan Snyder.
I will pray nightly for the forces of all that is good and just and proper in this world
to intervene until he leaves that team for another.
I cannot, and will not root for that team. EVER. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
Our God Daughter was one of their cheerleaders. That's all you need to know.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
STRUMMINGRAM. I feel your pain. 32 teams in the NFL and Sam ends up in DC. I cannot
stomach the thought of him playing for Dan Snyder.
I will pray nightly for the forces of all that is good and just and proper in this world
to intervene until he leaves that team for another.
I cannot, and will not root for that team. EVER. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
Our God Daughter was one of their cheerleaders. That's all you need to know.
Pics?

• Wow
Reactions: tarheel0910
^Blazers, you think that was such a clever comment. Think about her as a person for just
one minute. One minute.
Objectification is wrong, I don't want minimize that via jokes.

But feels like pro-cheerleading is kinda demeaning, sexist and lends to objectification though... Isn't she on calendars and stuff?

trying not to be a homer, but sam is the steal of the draft…he has the most pro traits of anyone and he’s started a ton of games.
It seems like everyone agrees that he was one of the best QBs. I keep hearing how surprised NFL people are that he was picked so low. It's a really weird situation. Something else had to be going on behind the scenes. Maybe something he said in an interview with a team?

It seems like everyone agrees that he was one of the best QBs. I keep hearing how surprised NFL people are that he was picked so low. It's a really weird situation. Something else had to be going on behind the scenes. Maybe something he said in an interview with a team?
Well, NFL owners and GMs who are beef people as well as those who are sushi people could be offended that he is a chicken man.

• Haha
Reactions: TarHeelMark
I agree with this dude on CBS website, who had this to say re: the Panthers selections...

Worst Pick: I didn't like the pick of Matt Corral with Sam Howell available. Howell will be a better player. Corral will take some time to get onto the field.

and this to say re: Washington's picks...

Best Pick: The pick of quarterback Sam Howell in the fifth round will pay off in a big way. Carson Wentz is their guy for now, but Howell has the talent to become the starter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT