ADVERTISEMENT

The Pride is Back?

6666Heel

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2006
On this past Saturday, I spent a very enjoyable day (cold though it was) at MCAS Cherry Point watching the aerobatic maneuvers of a number of highly skilled pilots, flying everything from WWII combat aircraft, to a flight demo of the exceedingly impressive new F35b Joint Strike Fighter. Highlight of the day was the superb performance of the Blue Angels Navy/MC flight demonstration team.. Crowd throughout the day estimated at in excess of 100K.

While the predominant visible statement made by attire of the throng of visitors was shirts, jacket and caps/hats supporting various branches of our armed forces (particularly the Marines and Navy on this date), I frequently noted baseball caps of a familiar shade of blue or white with the familiar interlocking NC logo on them, and a few shirts with several similar allegiances expressed. Conversely, I don't recall seeing but 1 or 2 fans wearing red paraphernalia with any identification other than "USMC" on it. I don't believe I actually saw anyone with NCSU logos until about an hr before the show concluded, and the ECU fans whom I expected to see legions of were not much more visible - maybe a half dozen noted during the day. Obviously I may have been more sensitive to noting the Carolina blue - but I was gratified to see a sizable number of Carolina Fans supporting the team at this point in time. It certainly appeared that the UNC Pride is definitely on the way back!!.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News