ADVERTISEMENT

This day in History

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a non-mask wearing fat bastage that thinks its appropriate to get all up behind my wife at the Costco just to grab your box of ritz. Back the F up, and wait 5 seconds until we are out of the way, you non-socially distant prick.
giphy.gif

You're a non-mask wearing fat bastage that thinks its appropriate to get all up behind my wife at the Costco just to grab your box of ritz. Back the F up, and wait 5 seconds until we are out of the way, you non-socially distant prick.
Then there’s the other extreme. When I was at Harris teeter just now I rounded the corner and came face to face with a masked woman who proceeded to back up wide eyed in terror cause i guess we were too close. Prob is she backed up right into another woman trying to figure out what brand of apple juice to buy. So then they both jump out of their skins and the other woman drops the juice bottle and it shatters. I decided to go down the next aisle instead

Then there’s the other extreme. When I was at Harris teeter just now I rounded the corner and came face to face with a masked woman who proceeded to back up wide eyed in terror cause i guess we were too close. Prob is she backed up right into another woman trying to figure out what brand of apple juice to buy. So then they both jump out of their skins and the other woman drops the juice bottle and it shatters. I decided to go down the next aisle instead
Oh shit. LOL

Personally, I don't care if someone else chooses to wear a mask or not. I just got pissed at that dude who clearly saw that my wife had a mask and gloves on, and he got all up behind her to get his damn ritz crackers. Now, I love me some ritz too, but he was trying to make a point by being a dick. Even in normal (pre-coronavirus) times, 99% of reasonable humans would stand back and wait to get their box of crackers when the previous person was out of the way.

It's amazing to me that in the middle of a pandemic, I'm still getting the same volume of spam to my email accounts. These people deserve a severe beating, and maybe even some quality time in one of the upper levels of hell.
I don't know how to stop the spam. At least my wife and I who share an e-mail account set our account up as an "alt inbox" then she or I just scan it for important, worthy e-mails [ < 5% of all rec'd ] and move them to the actual inbox.

But - we are also in the last of the dinosaurs crowd who still have a land line. I am on the phone almost all day now WFH in skype / webex meetings. I swear there are about 10-15 spam callers who call our landline number 20 robo calls per day, each. We have caller ID and never answer, but the landline phone ringing while I am speaking on the skype or webex meeting is over the top annoying.

All e-mail and phone spammers need a beating within an inch of their lives. It is futile - I think - to try to stop them.

It's amazing to me that in the middle of a pandemic, I'm still getting the same volume of spam to my email accounts. These people deserve a severe beating, and maybe even some quality time in one of the upper levels of hell.
You don't want to know the steps they are taking to make sure that they are there for you in your time of need and that they are taking this situation seriously? And of course to remind you that we are together when we are apart.

I don't know how to stop the spam. At least my wife and I who share an e-mail account set our account up as an "alt inbox" then she or I just scan it for important, worthy e-mails [ < 5% of all rec'd ] and move them to the actual inbox.

But - we are also in the last of the dinosaurs crowd who still have a land line. I am on the phone almost all day now WFH in skype / webex meetings. I swear there are about 10-15 spam callers who call our landline number 20 robo calls per day, each. We have caller ID and never answer, but the landline phone ringing while I am speaking on the skype or webex meeting is over the top annoying.

All e-mail and phone spammers need a beating within an inch of their lives. It is futile - I think - to try to stop them.

There's a name for that. It's called "we-mail." It was fairly common when the Internet was in its infancy and ISPs limited the number of email addresses you could have on an account.

@Heelicious, who provides your email service? Yahoo and Google do a pretty good job of screening spam. I also still use an Earthlink account with an email address I've had for over 20 years. Their spam protection sucks but they do allow me to use a Whitelist (<--- slightly racist?). Basically, if you're not in my address book or I haven't previously approved your domain, your email goes to spam. They also provide me with several anonymous email accounts that are handy for giving out when you only want to use them for a one-off.

There's a name for that. It's called "we-mail." It was fairly common when the Internet was in its infancy and ISPs limited the number of email addresses you could have on an account.

@Heelicious, who provides your email service? Yahoo and Google do a pretty good job of screening spam. I also still use an Earthlink account with an email address I've had for over 20 years. Their spam protection sucks but they do allow me to use a Whitelist (<--- slightly racist?). Basically, if you're not in my address book or I haven't previously approved your domain, your email goes to spam. They also provide me with several anonymous email accounts that are handy for giving out when you only want to use them for a one-off.

I know this is embarrassing - I still have a Comcast bundle for cable, phone, internet, and have a xfinity / @comcast.net e-mail. I shouldn't be so lazy and should set up a Google e-mail address. There are few enough people who e-mail us regularly that it wouldn't be that hard to switch. It is more cumbersome for screening it seems with Comcast than what you are describing for Yahoo and Google.

Thanks

ETA: I get that it is sort of lame to have one e-mail for a husband and wife, but my wife manages most everything for us in our household (stays at home, raised and educated our 3 kids, pays all the bills, manages logistics for travel races I do, church / volunteer activities, my work benefits, etc). So its easier if all those types of e-mails that would go to two people / addresses, she can manage from one. Its more efficient to manage.

Having a joint social media account - wow - that is a whole different level of wierd. I've never heard of someone doing that.

Reactions: Terror Beard
Drive down the interstate with your four ways on when its raining hard!

Both of them I saw today had a driver only in the car and both were wearing a mask!

Reactions: bleeduncblue
First off, props to the guy in my RV park for actually having a smoker. No idea how he fits that thing inside his trailer but I'm impressed.

I was walking my dogs at 7 am this morning and that dude was outside chopping firewood for his smoker. Loud as heck. At 7 am on a Saturday. C'mon, man. If you want to start cooking that early you should chop your firewood the day before.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Drive down the interstate with your four ways on when its raining hard!

i've always made fun of drivers for doing that ... just pull over if you're that scared. every time i see it i hear it in my brain in sync with the flashing: "scared, scared, scared"

You deserve a beating if you're even considering NOT watching tonight's debate. It's going to be one for the books.
I might have to take a beating. Try to understand, it's probably going to be as much or more fun to view it through the impartial eyes of the OOTB posters. I wouldn't want to spoil the real fight by having seen the preliminary.

ETA..besides, don't tell anybody but I think I already know who I'm voting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT