ADVERTISEMENT

This day in History

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a local fb yard sale page someone put bear traps up for sale. The things that snap shut on an animals leg to hold them til the trapper shows up usually days later to put them out of their misery. I had no idea such things were still legal but they are. You deserve one helluva beating if u use them.
5b99bd9e6d58741c9ee7c0500ab18233.jpg

On a local fb yard sale page someone put bear traps up for sale. The things that snap shut on an animals leg to hold them til the trapper shows up usually days later to put them out of their misery. I had no idea such things were still legal but they are. You deserve one helluva beating if u use them.
When I was younger, I enjoyed hunting. Trapping wasn't my thing. Neither is deer hunting with dogs. If it's for survival, then anything goes. But for recreational trophies hunting, then no

You stand in line at the restaurant for 5 minutes gabbing with your girlfriends, then you get to the counter and take another 5 minutes to place your order because you didn’t bother to figure out what you wanted WHILE YOU WERE ALREADY WAITING IN LINE.

This shit makes me homicidal. At least they paid on a single ticket.
Related: You stand there for 3 minutes watching the cashier ring up your order at the grocery store (or anywhere, really), and then spend another 30 seconds rummaging around in your purse for your cash or your card KNOWING THAT YOU WERE GOING TO NEED IT FOR THE PURCHASE ANYWAY NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT TOTALED.

Related: You stand there for 3 minutes watching the cashier ring up your order at the grocery store (or anywhere, really), and then spend another 30 seconds rummaging around in your purse for your cash or your card KNOWING THAT YOU WERE GOING TO NEED IT FOR THE PURCHASE ANYWAY NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT TOTALED.
or even worse... someone that still writes checks, and they don't pre-fill the store name, date, sign it, etc. while waiting for their items to be wrung up.

While I agree this is exceedingly awkward, not sure how people who aren't sitting at the bar are supposed to get a drink otherwise when the bar seating is full. Most bars don't have a designated area for this.

Yea it’s a tough call. Fri night we sat at a crowded bar and this guy literally leaned on me reaching over to rest his hand on the bar for several minutes. Finally I offered to get his drink for him to get his hot breath outta my ear. I took his money and got Him his two PBR’s and tipped 30%.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Anecdotally, a designated service area CAN work. The local brewery here has a bar with a (very slightly) recessed center area where there are no stools, and that's where you're intended to order and pay. You can certainly get served sitting at the stools on either side but people actually do form a line behind the center area rather than spreading out along the bar and reaching over. In fact they usually form a line even when there's nobody in the stools.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
This is a 2 parter...

1st, you nearly hit my car with your shopping cart in the Costco parking lot. And 2nd you're too ****en lazy to take your cart to the cart return and you just leave it in the parking lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raising Heel
Yea it’s a tough call. Fri night we sat at a crowded bar and this guy literally leaned on me reaching over to rest his hand on the bar for several minutes. Finally I offered to get his drink for him to get his hot breath outta my ear. I took his money and got Him his two PBR’s and tipped 30%.

Yeah - this one is real tough. I'm 6'3'' so I can stand behind and make eye contact with the bartender but for a girl who is 5'3'', I can see that being impossible. I think going with the verbal "hey, can I just squeeze next to you to grab a drink real quick?" is the way to go with this one. Acknowledge that you know it sucks but you'll get your drink and be out.

This brings up another beating worthy offense...any type of verbal or hand raise to get a bartenders attention. Bartenders HATE this and I think it is impossible for someone to do this without coming off looking like an asshole. You go for eye contact then once you get eye contact you can maybe do a very subtle gesture that you're looking for a drink.

This brings up another beating worthy offense...any type of verbal or hand raise to get a bartenders attention. Bartenders HATE this and I think it is impossible for someone to do this without coming off looking like an asshole. You go for eye contact then once you get eye contact you can maybe do a very subtle gesture that you're looking for a drink.

Then what do you do? Wait until they feel ready to take my order? As the customer, I'm always right and that includes me waving my hand and hollering, if need be.

With that said though, I did mention that I have perfected this move so that I do not offend and I get taken care of quickly. It's difficult, but I've been at this for quite some time. The only advice is this, and I'm sure you guys know this: give an obscene tip on your first drink if you plan to be there a while.

If you’re hoarding toilet paper. Wtf is that all about? Are people really that stupid that they think we won’t have access to toilet paper in the future due to the virus?
My daughter was in grocery store yesterday and said there wasn't a roll to be found. And then she saw multiple cars in the parking lot with back seats full of TP. Those fools need a face punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT