ADVERTISEMENT

This day in History

Status
Not open for further replies.
You deserve a beating if you won’t eat a burger with mayo.
52W.gif

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
If u drive out on the beach and park and blast your stereo wide open to be heard hundred yards in either directions
#touristsamirite

This may spark an interesting debate.

I get what you're saying and I wouldn't want people on the beach blasting their music either. If someone's blasting music in a public place, I want it to be me. But the bigger question is...do you listen to music at the beach? Are you one of those that likes music at the beach or you'd rather listen to the sounds of nature - the waves, the seagulls, the wind, etc. Same for when I'm kayaking the river. Sometimes I'll have my bluetooth speaker on my boat but other times, I absolutely don't want music and I'll actually get irritated with other kayakers coming down the river with music. Where do you stand on this important issue?

I get what you're saying and I wouldn't want people on the beach blasting their music either. If someone's blasting music in a public place, I want it to be me. But the bigger question is...do you listen to music at the beach? Are you one of those that likes music at the beach or you'd rather listen to the sounds of nature - the waves, the seagulls, the wind, etc. Same for when I'm kayaking the river. Sometimes I'll have my bluetooth speaker on my boat but other times, I absolutely don't want music and I'll actually get irritated with other kayakers coming down the river with music. Where do you stand on this important issue?
Generally speaking, I don't want to hear other people's music in public places. It's especially bad when you're in a natural setting like the beach, river, or woods and it interferes with my enjoyment of these places.

The only time I'll crank my music is if no one else is around. Otherwise, I use headphones. Listening to headphones while kayaking is actually very enjoyable.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
Generally speaking, I don't want to hear other people's music in public places. It's especially bad when you're in a natural setting like the beach, river, or woods and it interferes with my enjoyment of these places.

Do you want to hear YOUR music in those places though?

Because food off the menu is more likely to already be made.

All the more reason to order it custom then. Even if I wanted everything that comes on something off then menu, I'd order it without something just to ensure I'd be getting something freshly made.

You deserve a beating if you enjoy eating a burger that's been sitting under a heat lamp for hours.

Reactions: tarheel0910

Yes i favor no music at all. Part of the experience is the sound of waves and sea gulls and tourist screams as they get pulled out by rip tides

Not usually. When I'm hiking, a) I like to be aware of my surroundings and b) listening to music feels unnatural. I'm more prone to listen while paddling but even then it's very rare.

I would imagine you're often by yourself when hiking or paddling. And I agree, when by myself, I'm probably more inclined to enjoy nature's sounds. If I'm with others, I'm probably more inclined to go with music whether hiking, floating or at the beach. I'll also say that if any of these outdoor activities requires rigorous exercise, I'm more likely to go with music over no music.

Also, it's interesting that you refer to your kayaking as "paddling" whereas I refer to my kayaking as "floating". Rivers > lakes.

I would imagine you're often by yourself when hiking or paddling.
Yes, foreveralone.jpg

Also, it's interesting that you refer to your kayaking as "paddling" whereas I refer to my kayaking as "floating". Rivers > lakes.
My kayaks are 17' touring kayaks meant for open water. Their length makes them difficult to turn, which is advantageous on open water but exactly the opposite on rivers. That's why I'm probably gonna buy something smaller soon, plus it'll be easier to transport.

All the more reason to order it custom then. Even if I wanted everything that comes on something off then menu, I'd order it without something just to ensure I'd be getting something freshly made.

You deserve a beating if you enjoy eating a burger that's been sitting under a heat lamp for hours.
Good for you. Just go inside to order, you dick.

My kayaks are 17' touring kayaks meant for open water. Their length makes them difficult to turn, which is advantageous on open water but exactly the opposite on rivers. That's why I'm probably gonna buy something smaller soon, plus it'll be easier to transport.

Yeah, 17’ is a beast. Out of the 7 kayaks I own, only my tandem is that length. And it’s not even made for rivers but it’s what me and my 8 year usually ride on for longer floats. He goes solo if it’s a short float but for an all day float, we gotta take the beast. All the others are 12’ or less.

Reactions: Raising Heel
That used to piss me off so damn much. How hard is it to park, walk your lazy ass inside and order at the cashier? It's even more helpful to YOU if you do that. Ordering something complicated face-to-face is a lot easier than trying to do it over an intercom system where you can barely understand what the other person is saying anyway. Drive thru should be reserved for quick, simple orders only.

And handicapped people, please don't be offended by that word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT