ADVERTISEMENT

This has GOT to be in the Rafters...but I need help

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
On Twitter some guy named Tate Frazier has a picture of a banner that honors THIS team and should be hanging from the rafters

BUT I am an old geezer and do not know how to get it on this board

It says THE IRON FIVE and lists all the players numbers with the year at the bottom

It is simple but everyone will know exactly what it means. These players and this TEAM NEED to be honored and remembered. This banner does that IMO.

Can anyone help me to get this on this thread and get behind bringing this tribute to its rightful place n the Smith Center???Anyone>>

I loved this team, but I disagree. Banners and jerseys don’t go up on emotion. We have criteria for that. There are plenty of examples of payers that on emotion we would love to have there, but that’s why they have the criteria….to make it fair.

Beating the Rat in his last game at HIS and then retiring the Rat at the Final Four is all the criteria this UNC fan needs. Hang the banner in the Rafters!!
Nope. We don't hang banners just because you hate a specific coach. You really want to look up in the Dean Dome rafters and see something that is entirely about Coach K?

You want to celebrate how we ended the Rat's career? Go buy a T-shirt. The Dean Dome rafters do not celebrate beating our little brothers. The Dean Dome rafters celebrate major accomplishments.

Attach it to the FF Banner!

OR Make a shrine commemorating the facts:
1. Hubs will forever have a winning record against the LOM! (2-1)
2. UNC gave Ratty his first loss as a coach at puke!
3. UNC sent him out with a loss is his last game at HIS!
4. UNC sent him out with a loss in his last game ever!

UNC is your Daddy in case the JCD have any further questions!

I do not like it. It lessens the contributions made by the other guys on the team. And while our Iron 5 played most of the game minutes, the other guys were an integral part of the team as they prepared them to play those games. And Styles and Puff were more than just practice guys.

I will always remember this team and their accomplishments and when I think back, of course most memories will be of the 5 starters. But UNC is too classy to make the rest of the team feel as if they didn't matter.

Like this?

2206105_shirt_1080x.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT