ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Don't blame Marcus for at least attempting to try and get into the NFL and not wanting to stay for a 6th year at UNC. Need new blood on both sides of the ball.

IMO, he wasnt very good. Or either the position coach doesn't know how to coach kids up.

Is there a stat sheet that shows how many sacks each Olineman gave up this year? If I recall correctly, MM gave up quite a few. Tucker is not very good, Q is lost 80% of the time on the field, Richards seems slow as hell. Something is wrong on the Oline and Mack needs to figure it out. Searles, IMO, is not a good Oline coach.

IMO, he wasnt very good. Or either the position coach doesn't know how to coach kids up.

Is there a stat sheet that shows how many sacks each Olineman gave up this year? If I recall correctly, MM gave up quite a few. Tucker is not very good, Q is lost 80% of the time on the field, Richards seems slow as hell. Something is wrong on the Oline and Mack needs to figure it out. Searles, IMO, is not a good Oline coach.
He was granted 3 years to start no matter how inconsistent he was game after game. That's the Searels way.

Reactions: chickenhunter
Gosnell in the transfer portal. Looks like UNC is having the tough conversations with kids on where they stack up on the depth chart next year.

Gosnell in the transfer portal. Looks like UNC is having the tough conversations with kids on where they stack up on the depth chart next year.
I don't necessarily mind letting people who can't get on the field go, but at some point you have to start worrying about the depth chart. I hope Mack is working the portal hard.

Reactions: uncboy10
I don't necessarily mind letting people who can't get on the field go, but at some point you have to start worrying about the depth chart. I hope Mack is working the portal hard.
Downs, Green, Olson, Jones and Nesbit are guys they've seen in games. Blackwell and Paysour will have two off-season's down and should be ready and incomers, Chapman and Greene, will get PT. Greene is a instant playmaker on the outside. They might go after an experienced grad transfer WR but I really like the WR room.

Reactions: heelfan1961
I hope Mack is having equally tough conversations with his staff.
How about Mack saying: Y'all have failed to develop any depth of talent that plays consistently well. That is true of every position group except QB. And we could realize before this time next year that the problem is in QB development as well.

It is a fact that 3 qb’s have transferred to be with their gf’s. Having said that there is no room for him here and no indication he has any interest.
Did any of those have a girlfriend whose school has OL issues as bad as ours?

Downs, Green, Olson, Jones and Nesbit are guys they've seen in games. Blackwell and Paysour will have two off-season's down and should be ready and incomers, Chapman and Greene, will get PT. Greene is a instant playmaker on the outside. They might go after an experienced grad transfer WR but I really like the WR room.
Right, but injuries happen in football. If we have a couple of injuries (or in season transfers) and the young guys aren't ready, which is a realistic possibility, then we have issues. It wouldn't hurt to add one or two if there are some good ones available. Especially when you are playing with a young QB. Mack is going to need to start taking bigger classes or become good at using the portal.

Right, but injuries happen in football. If we have a couple of injuries (or in season transfers) and the young guys aren't ready, which is a realistic possibility, then we have issues. It wouldn't hurt to add one or two if there are some good ones available. Especially when you are playing with a young QB. Mack is going to need to start taking bigger classes or become good at using the portal.
True. I think Mack is actively in the portal looking to add a few more in addition to the 2 he's grabbed thus far. A lot of talent out there.

Lil Carolina just got the RB from wake forest must be paying good down in hell (I mean Columbia)

Welp, we're now up to ten. I guess Trevino is the first since the Bateman firing.

Josh Henderson
Eugene Asante
Trey Morrison
Stephen Gosnel
Emory Simmons
Beau Corrales
Khafre Brown
Clyde Pinder
Kristian Varner
Trevion Stephenson

Welp, we're now up to ten. I guess Trevino is the first since the Bateman firing.

Josh Henderson
Eugene Asante
Trey Morrison
Stephen Gosnel
Emory Simmons
Beau Corrales
Khafre Brown
Clyde Pinder
Kristian Varner
Trevion Stephenson
From a talent perspective, I don't think any of them are a big loss. The issue, especially at WR, is depth. If a couple of them get hurt and/or the new guys turn out to be a bust, then we're in trouble. Mack needs to work the portal harder and start taking full classes. Taking small classes in the world of the portal isn't wise. Losing kids is going to be the norm going forward.

Reactions: chickenhunter
If he hadn't gotten it by now, doubt he ever will.
That's true. He was a true junior. But i remember Cayson Collins going from totally lost (outside of special teams) to being pretty impactful his final yr.
Maybe a new set of eyes (or scheme) from Chizik/Warren could set him straight.

Trey Morrison is headed to OU. There are OU online writers projecting him a starter.

Trey Morrison is headed to OU. There are OU online writers projecting him a starter.
Morrison showed so much promise as a true frosh. He wasn't a burner, but had crazy hops and loved to hit. Aside for high-end speed he can play lots of secondary positions. His regression was a weird one (**coaching/locker-room**)

Morrison showed so much promise as a true frosh. He wasn't a burner, but had crazy hops and loved to hit. Aside for high-end speed he can play lots of secondary positions. His regression was a weird one (**coaching/locker-room**)
Sometimes we just have to accept the fact that some kids have reached their ceiling without blaming it on coaching.

Sometimes we just have to accept the fact that some kids have reached their ceiling without blaming it on coaching.
And sometimes we just have to accept that Dre Bly never should have been given the job because he had zero experience coaching college DBs, or even as a full time HS coach.

Bly is a recruiter. Nothing more. He has shown virtually zero ability to develop DBs.

Morrison isn't headed to a 1AA team or even to Charlotte or ECU. Such transfer destinations would suggest that your blanket defense has some validity. Morrison is headed to OU.

And sometimes we just have to accept that Dre Bly never should have been given the job because he had zero experience coaching college DBs, or even as a full time HS coach.

Bly is a recruiter. Nothing more. He has shown virtually zero ability to develop DBs.

Morrison isn't headed to a 1AA team or even to Charlotte or ECU. Such transfer destinations would suggest that your blanket defense has some validity. Morrison is headed to OU.
Lol. The program needed players, they needed a footprint in the 757 and Dre' got it done. Warren is here now so you can get off Bly's back with all that nonsense. Like I said, sometimes you have to blame the kids and not the coaching.

You do realize Oklahoma is desperate for players due to transfers, correct?

Why don't you put in an application for a virtual role to coach? I'm sure all the players would love to hear all this wealth of knowledge you have going back to your pop warner days.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT