ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Just checked out his bio. You know any history on his years played Dave? 9 games first year. I’d imagine an injury. His third year was cut short also. Covid?
Only know what I've seen in highlights, and that he's being pursued by 4 Blue Blood schools.

Glancing at the transfer list on the Verbal Commits site I see that some ACC teams have already scored in the portal.

Wake, Virginia, Syracuse and Louisville have all picked up PGs.

The biggest haul by any school so far has been by Austin Peay, landing 6 from the portal!

Several other schools have already signed 2 or 3 players.

On the other side of the equation, it looks like Tulsa lost the most players to the portal, a total of 11, followed closely by Long Island University with 10. Wow. Plenty of schools have lost 5 or 6, a handful 7 or 8. Not just small schools, either.

Louisville looks like the biggest loser in the ACC with 6 entering the portal. We're next at 5, then Notre Dame with 4, followed by Syracuse and Va Tech, each with 3.

That's all assuming the site is accurate and I didn't miss any as I scrolled down the long list.

Will he stay? Wii he go? Who’s available in the portal? How many new faces will we have next year? How did the guys who left last year do? How much NIL will he want?

It’s exhausting for the fan. I can’t imagine what it’s like to be a coach these days. The sad fact is that it will never be like it was.

A couple players from Louisville in the portal. I imagine it's a pretty hard sell when you couldn't earn minutes on a team that awful. Unless maybe there were injury or other reasons that might be acceptable to our staff.
Louisville losing a number of players. The school must have cut back on those female fringe benefits. 😢

Wojcik is an interesting situation. This will be his 3rd school I think. Went down in level in his 1st transfer from Loyola of Chicago to Brown I think. Now moving up from both probably.

Wojcik is an interesting situation. This will be his 3rd school I think. Went down in level in his 1st transfer from Loyola of Chicago to Brown I think. Now moving up from both probably.
He’s super crafty and a really good shooter…I worry about his athleticism and foot speed though! He would be a good rotational piece, but I hope we aren’t counting on him as a starter

He’s super crafty and a really good shooter…I worry about his athleticism and foot speed though! He would be a good rotational piece, but I hope we aren’t counting on him as a starter
He is a vet being on his Covid year. Struggled in his first two years at the Missouri Valley Conference level, but did much better in the Ivy League as an upper class man

Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
So you think a kid who averaged less than 10 pts in the Ivy League deserves a UNC schollie? Is that what I am hearing.
He averaged 15 points and almost 8 rebounds, while making 38% of his 3s you ignorant troll.

He's a better shooter than all 5 guys who just gave up UNC scholarships to enter the transfer portal, you ignorant troll.

Reactions: Tarheelsman71
He averaged 15 points and almost 8 rebounds, while making 38% of his 3s you ignorant troll.

He's a better shooter than all 5 guys who just gave up UNC scholarships to enter the transfer portal, you ignorant troll.
I guess name calling is ok on this site. Not sure who you think you are, but just because you know someone who feeds you info for an anonymous message board to make you feel important means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

You are very threatened when questioned.

Wonder why?

Stay angry honey

Seems like a real stud. 😂🤡

Is this where we are now.

Seems like a real stud. 😂🤡

Is this where we are now.

Until the mods wake up and ban this obvious troll account created a few weeks ago, I guess everyone is just gonna have to have their roster discussions on IC.

Decided to put the troll on ignore, you may want to consider this as well?
Yep, this makes it easier... sort of like ignoring the temper tantrum of somebody else's kid who clearly didn't get to the front of the line when brains, wit or charisma were handed out. You feel sorry for them for a minute, realize they probably were dropped on their head repeatedly and then realize the best course is to just ignore them.
It's not your kid, no need to really give that much of a crap much less spur them on any further.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

Scoring 15 is great unless your man scores 20. Duke has one of the purest 3 pt shooters warming the bench this year because he couldn’t play D. I think he enters the portal now that Proctor is returning and maybe Roach. Schutt needs to play on a team that goes zone to cover up his lack of foot speed.

15ppg at Brown isnt going to translate into much at the ACC level.. imo

I know I have seen lower level guys translate into big time players, but usually its more of a struggle than a success.

I said it before, give me Khalif Battle (a big-time scorer with 3 years of eligibility left) to pair alongside RJ Davis. Go get Kowacie Reeves and put him at the wing. Then go get another big man like Jae'Lyn Withers or Jaemyn Brakefield. All of these guys have played in big time games against big time teams.

Virginia's Isaac Traudt is in the portal. IIRC we showed some interest in him out of HS and he visited. Looks like he might have redshirted for UVa.

6'10 215 PF - ranked 50 (RSCI) out of HS.

He might be a guy who would be happy to back up instead of getting splinters. Sure, we need starters, but at his size maybe he can help out at 2 spots.

Jerry Meyer says favorable things about him. Not sure if I can quote them here. But if he redshirted rather than some problem, and if he bulked up a little, he might be a good multi-year fit.

ETA: Another site says he chose to redshirt and is probably heading nearer home, maybe Creighton. So probably not interested in us.

He was apparently the highest ranked recruit in UVa's 2022 class.

Sucks for Bennett.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT