ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

If Cadeau doesn’t reclass how about Sahvir Wheeler from Kensucky. RJ plays off the ball as a secondary ball handler and shooter.
Have you seen how miserable UK fans have been with Wheeler as their point guard?

Plus he's injury prone and 2 inches shorter than RJ. That would be a really bad defensive backcourt.

RJ has proven he can be the starting PG that takes us to the National Championship game. I wouldn't move him off the ball for anyone except Cadeau.

Reactions: Heels5150
Virginia's Isaac Traudt is in the portal. IIRC we showed some interest in him out of HS and he visited. Looks like he might have redshirted for UVa.

6'10 215 PF - ranked 50 (RSCI) out of HS.

He might be a guy who would be happy to back up instead of getting splinters. Sure, we need starters, but at his size maybe he can help out at 2 spots.

Jerry Meyer says favorable things about him. Not sure if I can quote them here. But if he redshirted rather than some problem, and if he bulked up a little, he might be a good multi-year fit.
He wants to be closer to home, which is why he left Virginia. He wont come here if thats the case.

Virginia's Isaac Traudt is in the portal. IIRC we showed some interest in him out of HS and he visited. Looks like he might have redshirted for UVa.

6'10 215 PF - ranked 50 (RSCI) out of HS.

He might be a guy who would be happy to back up instead of getting splinters. Sure, we need starters, but at his size maybe he can help out at 2 spots.

Jerry Meyer says favorable things about him. Not sure if I can quote them here. But if he redshirted rather than some problem, and if he bulked up a little, he might be a good multi-year fit.
His transfer tweet said he's moving closer to home. He'd from Nebraska, so I doubt he'll even consider east coast schools.

Sounds like a classic case of freshman homesickness.

Bill Self has some of the same players on his list as UNC...

Have you seen how miserable UK fans have been with Wheeler as their point guard?

Plus he's injury prone and 2 inches shorter than RJ. That would be a really bad defensive backcourt.

RJ has proven he can be the starting PG that takes us to the National Championship game. I wouldn't move him off the ball for anyone except Cadeau.
Wheeler is a much better facilitator than RJ. I’m not bashing RJ but he has problems initiating the offence.

Wheeler is a much better facilitator than RJ. I’m not bashing RJ but he has problems initiating the offence.
According to UK fans Wheeler has a tendency to make out of control drives into the paint and then take wild shots that are often blocked.

I'd be shocked to see UNC pursue him. Their focus is on SG, SF, and PF.

Reactions: gary-7
Is there a reason we aren't interested in Battle like Kansas and others are?? He is a 6'5 shooting guard that can play alongside RJ Davis. He is a bucket-getter (which we need in a big way). Probably the biggest scorer in the portal. A GREAT replacement for Love.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Kel Ware becomes the biggest name to enter so far. I'm guessing Musselman and Arkansas may be the logical destination though.

Is there a reason we aren't interested in Battle like Kansas and others are?? He is a 6'5 shooting guard that can play alongside RJ Davis. He is a bucket-getter (which we need in a big way). Probably the biggest scorer in the portal. A GREAT replacement for Love.
Seems like Kansas is after everyone in the portal. They are after all the guard/wing players we've talked with including Wojcik, Knecht, and Timberlake.

this "ACC" is not the ACC of old as the best conference...get shooters, Ivy League...wherever, ugh Princeton went deeper into NCAA than...ugh, ugh..you know

Just checked out his bio. You know any history on his years played Dave? 9 games first year. I’d imagine an injury. His third year was cut short also. Covid?
He's turning 25 years old. Did a prep school year, redshirted... He's crazy old for college (not a bad thing)

Reactions: alabamaheel
Strong pass on Wheeler !!!
When I was working at Starbucks in Athens, Tom Crean was a regular at the Beechwood location. I came in right around the time Wheeler left and asked Crean what the thought about Savir. Sounds like a bit of a headache in the locker room and whole heartily agree.

15ppg at Brown isnt going to translate into much at the ACC level.. imo

I know I have seen lower level guys translate into big time players, but usually its more of a struggle than a success.

In 3 games against sweet 16 competition this year (Princeton X 2, MSU), he totaled 39 points, 26 rebounds and 9 assists. But it was only on 12/33 FGs (worse from 3). I give him credit for getting to the line and finding a way to make an impact. He also went for 13, 8 and 4 against Northwestern this year and 14, 6 and 3 against us last year, but again, his shooting percentage in those games was poor, I do like his age and experience and presumed leadership capabilities but I thought we were looking for marksmen.

Nick Timberlake just received his first transfer crystal ball over on 247. It is for UNC.

Also saw a rumor Justin Moore may leave Villanova for UNC.

Reactions: gthreadgill7929
Nick Timberlake just received his first transfer crystal ball over on 247. It is for UNC.

Also saw a rumor Justin Moore may leave Villanova for UNC.
Justin Moore would be a huge get. He is big and strong enough that he could play the 3 spot.
He has such a savvy, old school game. He could provide that 2/3 inverted post up game we used to get from McCants and even further back with Vince and Kevin Madden.
Moore is also a two way player and was on of Novas best defenders.
I would be ALL IN!

Justin Moore would be a huge get. He is big and strong enough that he could play the 3 spot.
He has such a savvy, old school game. He could provide that 2/3 inverted post up game we used to get from McCants and even further back with Vince and Kevin Madden.
Moore is also a two way player and was on of Novas best defenders.
I would be ALL IN!
Woah. That’s a game changer.

Reactions: tarheels_5
In 3 games against sweet 16 competition this year (Princeton X 2, MSU), he totaled 39 points, 26 rebounds and 9 assists. But it was only on 12/33 FGs (worse from 3). I give him credit for getting to the line and finding a way to make an impact. He also went for 13, 8 and 4 against Northwestern this year and 14, 6 and 3 against us last year, but again, his shooting percentage in those games was poor, I do like his age and experience and presumed leadership capabilities but I thought we were looking for marksmen.
2-3 marksmen and 2-3 depth pieces. They're in the mix for some big-time players.

What a shame. A program like UNC begging non power 5 transfers to come here. Sad.
SMH... There are 2 very strong messages being sent via this NCAAT, first is the value of experience and matured players that have played together for multiple years. When the mix is right guys that play with each other results in what you see with SDSU. The second, there are literally players that can help major programs EVERYWHERE! Just because a kid played for a lesser program does not mean he can't play, how many games did we lose this past season against lesser teams and it leave us saying dang, I wish we had a guy like Burton or ect... Look at guys like the K-State PG or the Miami big man, they came from small programs but they showed up for this NCAAT. It is a matter of finding the right fits, round players for round holes.

If Davis brings in 3 heavy minutes portal transfers and 2 who get 6-10 minutes a game how much will be left for everyone other than Bacot and Davis? Most of these portal guys want PT.

You are tiresome.
Sorry you don’t like my opinions. Others have the same thoughts as me, have you sent this message to them.

If you think the program is all good after missing the tourney this year and would have missed it the year it was cancelled, are you really a true fan.

If Davis brings in 3 heavy minutes portal transfers and 2 who get 6-10 minutes a game how much will be left for everyone other than Bacot and Davis? Most of these portal guys want PT.
How many players are left on the roster right now?

Hope Davis actually plays his bench and everyone a lot early season, and then shortens the rotation. Incorporate the break more, and sub more to keep people fresh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT