ADVERTISEMENT

Trimble to Announce Wednesday

If the difference between Tremble and Bradley was substantial I'd be concerned about Tremble pulling the trigger for us but I see Tremble just getting better and better once he gets here so no worry there. I'm not sure what everyone else has seen or read but UNLESS you are Cole OR Coby ( and I don't see Bradley as that ) you don't approach your college decision like a quick stepping stone to the pros . Of course all of these kids strive to get there but from what I personally have gathered from the the two of them Bradley has one foot out the door ( in his mind at least ) concerning college. I think we have Tremble for a few years and also have a kid that comes to UNC because he loves the university . A Tar Heel kid. I'll take that any day . NOW, after my personal opinion watch Tremble pick Michigan or Marquette..🤣 Hope not . Come to tha Heel young fella :cool:🥁

Michigan has already signed a lower-ranked PG for this class. Presumably intended as a backup PG for as long as Trimble might be there. So probably not an issue in his decision.

Not clear to me if Michigan will have a returning PG, as well, for that season, but probably not. If not, then Michigan could be offering him the starting spot as a frosh.

RJ will presumably be our starting PG when Trimble is a frosh, and RJ could stick around for several years, keeping Trimble in that backup role for a while - unless, of course, he can beat out RJ. But Trimble has enough size to shift to SG, as well. And, personally, I think having RJ and Trimble on the floor at the same time would be pretty entertaining. Both can drive, and Hubert's style is supposed to spread the floor better.

I don't know how factors like that play out in the mind of a kid his age, if at all.

If the difference between Tremble and Bradley was substantial I'd be concerned about Tremble pulling the trigger for us but I see Tremble just getting better and better once he gets here so no worry there. I'm not sure what everyone else has seen or read but UNLESS you are Cole OR Coby ( and I don't see Bradley as that ) you don't approach your college decision like a quick stepping stone to the pros . Of course all of these kids strive to get there but from what I personally have gathered from the the two of them Bradley has one foot out the door ( in his mind at least ) concerning college. I think we have Tremble for a few years and also have a kid that comes to UNC because he loves the university . A Tar Heel kid. I'll take that any day . NOW, after my personal opinion watch Tremble pick Michigan or Marquette..🤣 Hope not . Come to tha Heel young fella :cool:🥁
I agree you take the bird in hand, when one is a top 50 kid and the other is top 10, if the top 50 is ready, jump on it. One thing I am less certain of is any kids intent to stay long term. I think all top 100 kids will access their pro stock after each year, and also where the best fit for their development is at that point, and choose the best option at that time moving forward.

It's kind of a catch 22, preform well (like Coby) and a kid can be a viable draft pick, but there will be options available including D-league, which gets their service time clock ticking, and offers more instructional time as a pro, working with team affiliated coaches. The NIL freedom may make developing another year or 2 in college more appealing also though. Who knows we will have to wait and see how that plays out.

Michigan has already signed a lower-ranked PG for this class. Presumably intended as a backup PG for as long as Trimble might be there. So probably not an issue in his decision.

Not clear to me if Michigan will have a returning PG, as well, for that season, but probably not. If not, then Michigan could be offering him the starting spot as a frosh.

RJ will presumably be our starting PG when Trimble is a frosh, and RJ could stick around for several years, keeping Trimble in that backup role for a while - unless, of course, he can beat out RJ. But Trimble has enough size to shift to SG, as well. And, personally, I think having RJ and Trimble on the floor at the same time would be pretty entertaining. Both can drive, and Hubert's style is supposed to spread the floor better.

I don't know how factors like that play out in the mind of a kid his age, if at all.
Yeah BUT, RJ right now would not be considered a player that would influence other guards that they could not come in and start. He could become that after next season but right now these kid's see Love very likely gone after next season and UNC having a potential starting spot available at the PG spot.

Now wanna talk about a fun line up that could happen, how about Trimble, Walton, Nichel, Lively, and Stoudt! Don't know how well you guys know all those names but telling ya, that would be an electric lineup and a lot of fun to watch!

The NIL freedom may make developing another year or 2 in college more appealing also though.
That's what I'm interested to see. If someone like Sharpe could made $100k or more, does he come back if he doesn't have the first round guarantee? The new rules should really help us out in those type of situations.

I am not sure on Trimble but Bradley would be a real good one for the Heels. I think viking back a few posts on this thread mentioned Bradley and time on the Hill, he has been quoted at least two times I have read he is not a "OAD" he said no, not OAD, it is about the process if it is 2or 3...

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I have heard that once Rivals and 247 re-rank players, Trimble will be ranked higher than Bradley. Doesn't mean very much at this point though. I do know that the Staff would take both if they were to commit. I am also not sure how a Trimble commitment affects a Bradley decision. Just have to wait it out.

It's official it's UNC

Last edited:
Not bad for a coach with no head coaching experience!

Brad "Potent" Frederick strikes gain! Hubert's right hand man!

Any crow eaters today?

I have heard that once Rivals and 247 re-rank players, Trimble will be ranked higher than Bradley.
Putting it diplomatically, that wouldn't reflect well on the acumen of the rankers, but yes, Seth will deservedly move up.

And yeah, the imbedded best news in his comments may be that it indicates the staff has told him we're still recruiting Jaden.

Not bad for a coach with no head coaching experience!

Brad "Potent" Frederick strikes gain! Hubert's right hand man!

Any crow eaters today?
Until today he hadn't landed a 4-star player. Now he has.

What's more, most seem to think Trimble will move well into the top 50 soon, ticking another box. (Last year we didn't land anyone in the top 50.)

Could there be a 5-star in our future? If Bacot and Love leave after this year, we won't have any 5-star players on the next team. We've had a few recruiting classes with no 5-stars in the recent past, but have we had any teams without at least a couple of 5 star players in modern times?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
If I counted right, here's the number of 5-star players per team since the 2009 championship:

2010 - 3
2011 - 4
2012 - 5
2013 - 3
2014 - 2
2015 - 3
2016 - 3
2017 - 4
2018 - 1
2019 - 2
2020 - 2
2021 - 4
2022 - 2

I hope we don't drop to zero in Hubert's 2nd year. So I'm rooting for him to land a 5-star player. Not just for the team's sake, but so it's clear right out of the gate that he can recruit at that level.

Putting it diplomatically, that wouldn't reflect well on the acumen of the rankers, but yes, Seth will deservedly move up.

And yeah, the imbedded best news in his comments may be that it indicates the staff has told him we're still recruiting Jaden.
Yes they are. He has stated, as I mentioned to you in an e-mail, that he would very much welcome the opportunity to play alongside Bradley. The $million dollar question is: What does He and His Father think about that. Our roster is or will be a little heavy on the guards once you remember to include the Dunn kid. And...., if Robert Dillingham plays college ball, it will most likely be at UNC the following year. Of course, none of us know what attrition we may have with declaring for the NBA or transfers within the guard ranks, but I cannot see us with 8 guards on the roster, how about you?

What's more, most seem to think Trimble will move well into the top 50 soon, ticking another box. (Last year we didn't land anyone in the top 50.)

Could there be a 5-star in our future? If Bacot and Love leave after this year, we won't have any 5-star players on the next team. We've had a few recruiting classes with no 5-stars in the recent past, but have we had any teams without at least a couple of 5 star players in modern times?

Washington is rumored to be close to committing. He is a 5-star.

Hubert offered Cam Whitmore a few days ago. All indications are that he will be moved up to a 5-star in the next rankings. Of course, nothing happens unless he takes an OV. I live 10-minutes from Archbishop Spalding High School in Maryland where this kid goes to school. Maryland is the leader, but the word is that if Hubert gets him on campus UNC has a chance.

Watching Hubert recruiting style, it is obvious that spacing, versatility, shooting is the name of the game offensively for Hubert Davis.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have scaled back some of my thinking on what we're used to in regards to positions.

In a pinch, the kid Whitmore could play 1-5.

Yes they are. He has stated, as I mentioned to you in an e-mail, that he would very much welcome the opportunity to play alongside Bradley. The $million dollar question is: What does He and His Father think about that. Our roster is or will be a little heavy on the guards once you remember to include the Dunn kid. And...., if Robert Dillingham plays college ball, it will most likely be at UNC the following year. Of course, none of us know what attrition we may have with declaring for the NBA or transfers within the guard ranks, but I cannot see us with 8 guards on the roster, how about you?
Well, I'll start with Bradley and let the rest sort itself out ;]

Washington is rumored to be close to committing. He is a 5-star.

Hubert offered Cam Whitmore a few days ago. All indications are that he will be moved up to a 5-star in the next rankings. Of course, nothing happens unless he takes an OV. I live 10-minutes from Archbishop Spalding High School in Maryland where this kid goes to school. Maryland is the leader, but the word is that if Hubert gets him on campus UNC has a chance.

Watching Hubert recruiting style, it is obvious that spacing, versatility, shooting is the name of the game offensively for Hubert Davis.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have scaled back some of my thinking on what we're used to in regards to positions.

In a pinch, the kid Whitmore could play 1-5.
I know little about Washington, but after my previous post I took another look at our offers and he jumped out as a perfect fit. I hope that happens.

That shouldn't be the end of the class - we'll have at least another 1 or 2 scholarships if everybody leaves who's expected to leave, right? But if it happens to be the end, that would be a nice haul. Washington might be ready to start, maybe Trimble, as well (but we have less need there), with Shaver being able to give good backup minutes. The starters might be shorter than we're used to, but that's where Hubert's style changes come in.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I know little about Washington, but after my previous post I took another look at our offers and he jumped out as a perfect fit. I hope that happens.

That shouldn't be the end of the class - we'll have at least another 1 or 2 scholarships if everybody leaves who's expected to leave, right? But if it happens to be the end, that would be a nice haul. Washington might be ready to start, maybe Trimble, as well (but we have less need there), with Shaver being able to give good backup minutes. The starters might be shorter than we're used to, but that's where Hubert's style changes come in.
Trimble is close friends with Washington and said he will definitely be recruiting him to UNC 😌

The elephant in the room is the Transfer Portal which I have renamed "Portal Free Agency". There will be plenty of players out there that Hubert can pull from to fill a need on the roster. On a negative note, I fully expect 1-2 transfers every year going forward.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Rivals has him ranked 34 right now, some believe he may be top 20. What’s crazy is he’s only 15. Great snag!

The elephant in the room is the Transfer Portal which I have renamed "Portal Free Agency". There will be plenty of players out there that Hubert can pull from to fill a need on the roster. On a negative note, I fully expect 1-2 transfers every year going forward.
I would be surprised if the NCAA doesn't rethink that rule.

I am not sure on Trimble but Bradley would be a real good one for the Heels. I think viking back a few posts on this thread mentioned Bradley and time on the Hill, he has been quoted at least two times I have read he is not a "OAD" he said no, not OAD, it is about the process if it is 2or 3...
We interpret his comments a little differently. I do hear that he is not an automatic OAD in it. He has no problem being 2 or even 3 years if that's what the process takes.

Whenever he is ready, he will allow that to develop. I in no way see him as saying he will not be OAD though, or that he will be, or strives to be. I actually think it is a very wise reply. I take is as he will evaluate his readiness each year when the time comes, and he has no problem if that means it takes 2 or 3years to be ready.

If I counted right, here's the number of 5-star players per team since the 2009 championship:

2010 - 3
2011 - 4
2012 - 5
2013 - 3
2014 - 2
2015 - 3
2016 - 3
2017 - 4
2018 - 1
2019 - 2
2020 - 2
2021 - 4
2022 - 2

I hope we don't drop to zero in Hubert's 2nd year. So I'm rooting for him to land a 5-star player. Not just for the team's sake, but so it's clear right out of the gate that he can recruit at that level.
Hubert does not owe You proof of anything! He is off to a great start...

Hubs is unproven and every win he gets helps calm the nervous peeps down! He only has to prove things to himself, his mentors DES and Roy, and his team! The only one of that list that is mandatory is himself! But I bet he really wants to show those great men he can carry on their legacy! (DES lives in spirit at UNC before you ask)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT