ADVERTISEMENT

Trump & Hillary

It is up to you what you are willing to believe but I really enjoy those that tell me to prove God exists. Prove love exists, I believe it does, prove that it does? Science, if you care to delve in to it deeply enough does more to prove the existence of an external influence that would be God like. But I am not here to try to prove or disprove anything for you, if you can not accept on faith anything then that is on you. But please, do yourself and those around you a favor and do not tell any one from now on that you love them because you can not prove that love exists, if you can not believe a thing exists without absolute tangible proof then you can't pick and chose what to and what not to believe in.

I can easily prove love exists. You conduct a brain scan on a few thousand different people who are provided with a stimuli (someone they love) and measure the brain activity. The same general brain activity will be associated with what you describe as the feeling love.

I am not trying to convince him to believe in religion, crap, I have a hard time with religion myself. I just wanted to extend my little bit of sunshine to him about having peace and love and not letting those religious people take away something beautiful from him because they are too religious and nutty at times. I just was trying to be sweet. hehe (for real though)

You seem to think its just "religion" for me. It's not. I can break down for you why from a philosophical standpoint the belief in a "creator" is counterproductive and counter-intuitive even without the organized religion. They aren't taking anything away from me. I'm not an atheist because of somebody else's warped view of religion. I'm an atheist because their is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest the existence of such an entity, and there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that we live in an impartial material universe.

It is kind of amazing in that we take so many things in our lives on absolute faith and yet when it comes to God it is so hard for some to take the existence of God on faith. For example, if some one put a loaded gun to your head and their hand is on the trigger then I am going to take on faith that I could die at any moment, I don't need nor do I want proof of that, I'm taking it on total faith. You can't prove that person is about to pull the trigger and if you get the absolute proof so many seem to need that proof will not do you much good.

Even the simple act of turning on a light switch, you don't have to be an electrical engineer to believe that light will come on when you throw the switch, you trust in faith that it will, you accept that it will, you actually accept that it will with 100% certainty.. We actually live the majority of our lives based on faith, we have faith that we can get to work in the morning and not die on the way to work. But it seems the bar of faith is much harder to achieve when it comes to the question of God and not sure I understand why?

You trust in faith? Actually that's the exact opposite of faith. The reason you trust the light is going to come on is because you have conducted countless experiments (turning the lights on/off), and every time you flipped the switch the light came on. If the light only came on sometimes, and you convinced yourself it was going to work this time, then that would be faith. And again that's a borderline idiotic comparison. An objective third party can watch you turning lights on and off. We can use experiments to validate the fact that if you flip the switch the light will come on. But it isn't possible to objectively validate your beliefs, which is a convenient fact that religious folks love to hide behind.

Faith = believing in something without evidence to support it. Something I try to avoid... because I'm not an idiot.

Here's the deal, Hillary wins @UNC71-00 uses a pic of her as his avatar until inauguration day. Trump wins then you use a pic of him.
No. No no no no no no no. Why should the rest of us be punished because of their stupid bet? I don't want to see that shrew or the Oompa Loompa popping up in every thread on OOTB, thanks anyway.

Also, I hate you for even suggesting it. I would banish you to Canada but it's too nice for you.

Bernie's name will be in nomination and he'll get a roll call vote. Still a chance for the democratic superdelegates to save the party from themselves.

Bernie's name will be in nomination and he'll get a roll call vote. Still a chance for the democratic superdelegates to save the party from themselves.

Oh you poor soul.

If you recognize that this has been fixed since the beginning, why in the world do you think it will suddenly become fair?

And besides- those supers are bought and paid for- literally. It would be less dangerous to cross Sonny Corleone than it would to cross the Clintons at this point.

Faith = believing in something without evidence to support it. Something I try to avoid... because I'm not an idiot.
May be perhaps the most telling statement you've ever made here, it speaks volumes about your outlook on life. I think it sums up your perspective in less than 20 words. Perhaps you should make that your signature.

Hillary rewards DWS with a new position after her emails show she and others in the DNC conspired to prevent Sanders from getting the nomination. Do we really want this woman selecting SCJ's?

http://observer.com/2016/07/clinton-rewards-wasserman-schultzs-shady-behavior-with-new-job/

The same thing that happened with Susan Rice after she intentionally lied to the American people immediately following the Benghazi attack, calling it a "spontaneous demonstration that escalated" while Hillary was simultaneously telling others that it was a "well planned, coordinated attack". And what was Obama's reaction to Rice's intentionally deceptive "party line" statement, for which she came under fire? He promoted her to National Security Advisor. It would be difficult to find a more corrupt administration and Hillary is just as bad, or possibly worse. This, from the Chicago Tribune:

"But the Rose Garden event was also, and especially, satisfying because Rice's appointment is driving Republicans absolutely bonkers. "I can't imagine, one, that we would be keeping Ambassador Rice in any significant position, much less promoting her to an important position," immediately tweeted Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.). "POTUS rewards deception nominating Susan Rice as national security adviser," added Rep. Pete Olson (R-Texas). A meme repeated by many, including the Washington Post's conservative blogger Jennifer Rubin: "Rice rewarded for lying."

Poor babies. Do they want some cheese with that whine? But here's what's so sweet about it. All Republicans can do is whine. Because the position of national security adviser does not require Senate confirmation, there's absolutely nothing they can do about it. That's why there were so many big smiles in the Rose Garden. Everybody knew: This was President Obama's ultimate in-your-face appointment.

Republicans like John McCain and Lindsey Graham will live to regret the day they blamed Susan Rice for Benghazi and, in effect, blocked her from becoming secretary of state. Because now she's even closer to the president, in an even more powerful position, and because now, on any national security issue, they're going to have to deal with her. And she has a long memory."

The author obviously thinks it's funny that Rice's appointment galls Republicans. The "good ol' boy network" that Obama was going to put an end to is alive and thriving like never before. Disgusting.

Last edited:
I'm not a Clinton supporter.....

7-bullshit-detected-meme.jpg

PRLyles isn't a HC supporter . . my Lord, I thought you knew the board, Rich.

Oh you poor soul.

If you recognize that this has been fixed since the beginning, why in the world do you think it will suddenly become fair?

And besides- those supers are bought and paid for- literally. It would be less dangerous to cross Sonny Corleone than it would to cross the Clintons at this point.

Oh no, I just meant technically it was still a possibility. Obviously that was just a thank you to all the Bernie delegates who travelled to Philly from around the country. Nobody is talking about the real story. Clinton campaign and the DNC conspired to funnel funds from down ticket candidates in lower level elections as early as 2014. Sheesh.

I wouldn't doubt it. These are the real power brokers. People stay fixated on left/right while the wealthiest and most powerful individuals, financial institutions, and corporations seize complete control of our government. It's legitimately terrifying because there's almost nothing we can do about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: strummingram
you mean 08, right?

Prolly 'bout the same, Rich . .

The OOTB board was absolutely nothing but political thread after political thread back when I ventured over from the sports boards . . I'm talking the full page was nothing but political gripes and bitchin' . .

Jus' curious, when did you start posting on this site . . ? For myself, a long time reader, I think my first post wasn't until late 2004 . . and that was over on Raider. A year or 2 later I started my first thread on OOTB . . 'What Time Do You get Up In the Morning' . .

People stay fixated on left/right while the wealthiest and most powerful individuals, financial institutions, and corporations seize complete control of our government. It's legitimately terrifying because there's almost nothing we can do about it.
It works like a charm, too.

The OOTB board was absolutely nothing but political thread after political thread back when I ventured over from the sports boards . . I'm talking the full page was nothing but political gripes and bitchin' . .

Jus' curious, when did you start posting on this site . . ? For myself, a long time reader, I think my first post wasn't until late 2004 . . and that was over on Raider. A year or 2 later I started my first thread on OOTB . . 'What Time Do You get Up In the Morning' . .
Very true about the history of OOTB. It's become a much more diverse forum, fortunately, but election years take their toll.....

I think my first poast on OOTB would have been in 07 and shortly thereafter I started a Terry Schivo thread to goof with THBB.

As far as my first ever Raider poast, that would have been in 03 right after we got blown out at Maryland by about 50. JV told me then I wasn't a real fan.

Some things never change on Raider.

A year or 2 later I started my first thread on OOTB . . 'What Time Do You get Up In the Morning' . .

I think my first poast on OOTB would have been in 07 and shortly thereafter I started a Terry Schivo thread to goof with THBB.

My first poast on OOTB was titled, "Post Out Of The Ordinary Photographs In This Thread". It was the genesis of my opus.

Reactions: BillyL and UNC71-00

Formercat and Dynnodawg were like liberal outlaws that roamed the board looking for trouble. I remember those days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT