ADVERTISEMENT

UNC NOA Response released.

Ahhh I don't have twitter either. Not a big social media person either as it seems people post about what they are having for dinner. Who cares? haha May need to get on it though for the very few bits of relevant info.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Hey NCAA . . how ya liking that response . . ?

We saved some of our best for last I do believe. A very strong response by the legal staff . . we're here, this is what we will go forward with in defending ourselves. Please give us the opportunity to show the world exactly how corrupt your organization is regarding the matter that lies before us.

Paging Jay Bilas to the light blue phone in the lobby.

^ Yup. If this thing goes to court, they don't have a prayer and they know it. The only problem with them handing down "harsh" penalties just for show that they know won't stick is recruiting. Our coaches have done a great job to this point of keeping us going (Obviously national title), but how long can it go?

Basketball recruiting has varying opinions of how much the NCAA stuff is affecting it.

IMHO, the key point in all of this is the 29% athletes number. If the school can back that up, the NCAA is toast in this whole witch hunt. That isn't close to being a majority of athletes.

I read the cliff's notes version and my take is UNC is calling the NCAA out, saying the Wainstein report is wrong and the NCAA hasn't got a leg to stand on against us regarding the classes.

I do believe the UNC legal team just dropped the mic on the NCAA and dared them to come at us. I could be wrong, but it sure sounds like we have had enough.

^ If this NCAA is smart, which I doubt they will be, they will say time served and move on. Even a small fine I bet UNC could live with, but banners coming down, post season bans, no no.
Though I guess womens bball had the one incident, but even that was minor. Take a scholly or 2 away from women's basketball and call it a day.

A brief summary of UNC's response to the NCAA

1495723752_2b00c962ebb67eb4e63f1a69cfddb7c8.jpg

Gonna be scholarship reductions, fine, and probation for a year imo. Just enough for them to save face on it because they can't win here.

Gonna be scholarship reductions, fine, and probation for a year imo. Just enough for them to save face on it because they can't win here.

I've read the whole dang thing. As UNC stated in the Response, if the NCAA sticks to the bylaws as UNC has, then this case walks out the door. The COI is a sham as the NCAA has no jurisdiction in academics. 3 of 5 charges go away almost immediately. SACSSOC has already smoked UNC over on accreditation.. I'll let Folt, Bubba et al take it to the COI & Sankey. So iamj, we'll see about those "penalties" as they likely will not occur.
Glad it is only your opinion only.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
I've read the whole dang thing. As UNC stated in the Response, if the NCAA sticks to the bylaws as UNC has, then this case walks out the door. The COI is a sham as the NCAA has no jurisdiction in academics. 3 of 5 charges go away almost immediately. SACSSOC has already smoked UNC over on accreditation.. I'll let Folt, Bubba et al take it to the COI & Sankey. So iamj, we'll see about those "penalties" as they likely will not occur.
Glad it is only your opinion only.
I keep getting the vibe that Sankey is gonna turn into the issue here. UNC's responses have clearly put the spotlight on his obvious conflict-of-interest and have forced him to respond. His recalcitrance in refusing to recuse himself could ultimately cause the NCAA to lose the PR battle, which frankly is the only leg they have to stand on at this point. They cannot win this battle legally and if they overstep in attemping sanctions then the tainted court of public opinion is the only thing they have going for them.

The fact UNC has hired a legal heavyweight like Abrams (some of his more objectionable past endeavors aside) shows me the school is willing to take this to the proverbial mat, including the courts if necessary. The NCAA has to know they will ultimately lose that battle, so the question is do they try to save face with imposing unwarranted sanctions only to have them later thrown out?... or actually grow some sense, rein in that POS Sankey, and revert back to the stuff they can justify with only women's hoops?

We shall see...

Reactions: viking131
I find it hilarious that rival fans thought that since UNC waited a week that UNC was going to cave in.... UNC just gave them 2 middle fingers instead of 1 & I love it

did you save?

i can't design, or find that logo...did you import?

Do a right click on your mouse and save it. I copied it from another site. But you can design it at the link I gave you. Just takes some work to do it.

One thing about this process, the NCAA being all above board and all...curious how they changed the game themselves in 2016 to allow them to fiddle with academics...glad our case pre-dates that little measure.

According to the university, new bylaws passed by the NCAA in August 2016 that expand the association's reach into academics, should not apply to this case in which the infractions occurred before the regulatory changes.

UNC just owned the NCAA with their response. NCAA by now has to know it is full of crap, not to mention corrupt as hell. I got a feeilng this one is heading to court where the NCAA will be dismantled.

Emmert can spend some of that 2mil salary...helping his little helper Sankey. I hope we hang 'em out to dry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT