We roll out the first quarter with:

0/5 on third downs
14 total yards, 52 penalty yards
0 passing yards, 1/7, 1 INT

Trailing 0-7

My God I missed football season.

Nice play by Carney to redeem himself for that stupid penalty

This drive is a big opportunity to swing the momentum

They need to slow TF down the D is wore out the O stinks and they are still throwing it every down and seeing how fast they can give the ball back to Cal.

It is as if the players on offense simply are not in sync with one another. Nothing seems smooth.

You don't think Antonio Williams will put up big numbers if we open up gaps for him ?

I think anybody would put up big numbers if we open up gaps for them. I just think he's another average D-1 running back, nothing special.

If that’s the play calling we believe Elliot can execute safely down 0-14 on the road. Gettem the hell out of there.

I mean, we know his arm strength is lacking but thought he could at least make better decisions. And correct me if I’m wrong, but he’s a decent runner, right? Why the crap is he not taking off and running a bit?

He looks like he's moving in quick sand and has the arm strength of a below average JV quarterback. I don't think he has any business playing football at UNC tbh

For me, all things begin on the LOS. And this offense is dead from the snap. The OL is not pushing Cal back - often, the Cal D overwhelms all blocking. And the blocking issues are not restricted to the OL.

Is that the source of the 'skills' players seeming to be off off in their timing? Or do we have ball carriers/catchers/passers who are so off in their working with one another and the OL that the entire offense seems to be wearing weighted boots?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT