ADVERTISEMENT

Waiting for Cadeau

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
Hard to believe no one has used that phrase yet.

Based on the number of really good PGs in the portal that we haven't gone after, it seems pretty clear we're confident Cadeau is coming. Is there any chance Cadeau does not reclassify?

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS

Based on the number of really good PGs in the portal that we haven't gone after, it seems pretty clear we're confident Cadeau is coming. Is there any chance Cadeau does not reclassify?
I asked this previously and don't think I got an answer. How do we know who we have, or haven't pursued? Not trying to be a pr1ck. I legitimately want to know.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

You already have an ongoing thread about him. Did you forget about that one? I saw a recent pic this morning. Have a great day...

I asked this previously and don't think I got an answer. How do we know who we have, or haven't pursued? Not trying to be a pr1ck. I legitimately want to know.
I don't know, either. I'm just going by the number of supposedly good PGs in the portal that we don't seem to have gone after. Some got discussion here, but none of the usual insider-ish comments suggesting we were pursuing them, or even talking with them. I'm just thinking that if we had gone after any of those guys, there would have been some hints. But if we are banking on Cadeau, going after any of them wouldn't make sense.

Consequently, I expect Cadeau to show up. But if he doesn't, what does the team look like?

Reactions: MUgrad86
Who backs up at point?

If RJ starts at SG, he still probably gets 30 mpg or more, right?

Cadeau is a freshman, and we might not want him to play 30+ minutes. But we're talking about Hubert. And, let's face it, even under Roy, Marcus averaged 29.2 as a freshman.

So . . . does RJ slide to point when Cadeau rests? Or is it Seth? Someone else? I'd like to see Seth get the minutes, but that means someone else doesn't get the minutes.

If RJ fills in, that makes room at SG for Wilcher, or Dunn, or Wojcik (or Cormac, or Jackson or Dunlop, or whoever we might have on our impressively long back court list at the end of the day).

If Cadeau and RJ both play 30 minutes and RJ spends 10 of his backing up at point, that leaves 20 minutes at SG. Of the folks we think we'll have at this juncture, who should get those minutes?

Who backs up at point?

If RJ starts at SG, he still probably gets 30 mpg or more, right?

Cadeau is a freshman, and we might not want him to play 30+ minutes. But we're talking about Hubert. And, let's face it, even under Roy, Marcus averaged 29.2 as a freshman.

So . . . does RJ slide to point when Cadeau rests? Or is it Seth? Someone else? I'd like to see Seth get the minutes, but that means someone else doesn't get the minutes.

If RJ fills in, that makes room at SG for Wilcher, or Dunn, or Wojcik (or Cormac, or Jackson or Dunlop, or whoever we might have on our impressively long back court list at the end of the day).

If Cadeau and RJ both play 30 minutes and RJ spends 10 of his backing up at point, that leaves 20 minutes at SG. Of the folks we think we'll have at this juncture, who should get those minutes?
When more than IF, Cadeau comes to play NEXT season, I think as well as hope Seth is his primary back up and Wilcher backs up RJ at the 2, Dunn well how did Kenny Rogers put it, you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run? That may well be Dunn's gambler moment, hate it cause the kid can play.

Frankly, I don't know that anyone can make a case to me that there is a single player that is or wil be on our roster for next season that should be getting over 25mins a game (on a season average, individual games sure), yes that includes RJ and Bacot, includes Cadeau as well. I really think you need to rest your guys when you have the op to because it is a long season and guys just wear down, Bacot very clearly wore down. This team seemed to be BOTH emotionally as well as physically drained at that ACCT. I think that could have been prevented as well as Hubert becoming more confident with his bench had he simply went to the bench more.

I have watched as Dean Smith put in his version of blue steel in a tight game late in the second half, just because he realized players that are not totally worn out play well against opposing players that are gassed. I watched as Roy did the same thing and got similar results. If you totally trusted a kid as a coach then he gets PT, even if you don't think he is the best guy to have in the game at that point, you give him and his fresh legs a shot. But if you don't really trust him, simple question, why did you recruit him, why did you give him a scholarship? Want some tuff love, here is some. if you do not trust your bench to at least hold par with the other team, then you are not really able to evaluate talent or you and your staff are not able to communicate with them enough to be able to coach them, you are not able to do the job you have, you need to step down. The self evaluation Hubert did after this season, honestly this needs to be the center piece of it.

Now I give Hubert a pass on this past season and the UGLY we watched all season, sins of the past are now totally forgiven, now the door is open for a fresh new start. But eyes will be upon you, next season will not be the season to get it wrong, the one person on this team that needs the most development is the head coach, this off season is your cross roads and the time is NOW to show that You are the guy to lead this program for the next 20yrs or the guy that needs to go away. Just as the sins of the past are washed away, the success of the past is as well washed away. From here your future, Hubert, is what you make of it or what you waste of it, which will it be? Right now, I will easy admit, I just don't know...

Reactions: Archer2
Let us not waste our time in idle discourse! Let us do something, while we have the chance!

Not to toot my own horn but I used the line while we were recruiting him and got crickets, lol! I suppose it is about the...............timing! The problem we face is that without idle discourse we wouldn't have this chat!

1. Cadeau 2. RJ 3. Dunn. 4. Withers 5. Bacot seems like a fun team! Seth, Wilcher, Jalen, Cormac?, Wojick backing up multiple positions and voila! Add Ingram or Mbako and you have a powerhouse.

Future's so bright I have to wear shades! UNC must remember that: at this place, at this moment, all mankind is us! (or at least they wannabe)

When more than IF, Cadeau comes to play NEXT season, I think as well as hope Seth is his primary back up and Wilcher backs up RJ at the 2, Dunn well how did Kenny Rogers put it, you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run? That may well be Dunn's gambler moment, hate it cause the kid can play.
He has about 3 weeks to decide. We're sure Cadeau is coming. I assume he knows even better than we do. Yet he's still here. Does that mean he's willing to come off the bench - for possibly even fewer minutes - the coming year and hope to get his time to shine the following year? Nothing wrong with thinking that way. And I like the kid, so I hope he sticks around.

But, yeah, you sure couldn't fault him if he decides to look for greener pastures. He should do fairly well in the portal.

Frankly, I don't know that anyone can make a case to me that there is a single player that is or wil be on our roster for next season that should be getting over 25mins a game (on a season average, individual games sure), yes that includes RJ and Bacot, includes Cadeau as well. I really think you need to rest your guys when you have the op to because it is a long season and guys just wear down, Bacot very clearly wore down. This team seemed to be BOTH emotionally as well as physically drained at that ACCT. I think that could have been prevented as well as Hubert becoming more confident with his bench had he simply went to the bench more.
Preaching to the choir, my friend.

I start every year penciling in a rotation with nobody getting more than 25 minutes. It's amazing how nearly everybody gets decent PT that way. But it never seems to work out that way.

Hubert seems to be worse than Roy on this measure. Especially early in the season. Under Roy, if you weren't playing much down the stretch it was almost always because you weren't up to it. Under Hubert, maybe that's true, too, but how can you be sure when you hardly got to play the rest of the season?

Reactions: Archer2 and DSouthr
He has about 3 weeks to decide. We're sure Cadeau is coming. I assume he knows even better than we do. Yet he's still here. Does that mean he's willing to come off the bench - for possibly even fewer minutes - the coming year and hope to get his time to shine the following year? Nothing wrong with thinking that way. And I like the kid, so I hope he sticks around.

But, yeah, you sure couldn't fault him if he decides to look for greener pastures. He should do fairly well in the portal.
WW, want some absolute PROOF that Cadeau is on the way for next season, I have it it! You have it to, we all have the proof that Cadeau will play for UNC next season, no announcement is needed. It is right there in front of you, in addition to others that are really really good, Jaden Bradley and Niebrand are both in the portal and Hubert has not in any way gone after them. I promise you this, had Huibert felt in any way that Cadeau was not already on the way, he would have gone hard after one of those guys at very least one of the very solid PG talents that are still in the portal. That has NOT happened, and the fact that it hasn't is complete proof that he knows something about Cadeau that has not been made public. Cadeau wants to play in a few more AAU events, may even be stretching out to the Peach Jam, could be a while before it is announced but there is no hand wringing going on from anywhere I see or anyone I talk to that indicates anything other than this thing is done and all that is left is making it public, that will happen in the kid's own time frame for his own reasons.

Want, even if you don't need it, additional proof, Hubert is STILL recruiting Boogie Fland very hard. If Hubert were not certain that Cadeau was not on the way for next season he would not be recruiting Boogie now. The pitch is Cadeau is here for 1 and only 1 season, then Fland comes in, so they are never having to fight each other for PT. If BOTH stayed in the 24 class Hubert would have ended Boogie's recruitment but what has Boogie said, nothing has changed about his interest in UNC. Does not mean we are a lock to get Boogie when Cadeau leaves, Pitino could well swoop in, I am just speaking to today's truth.

WW, want some absolute PROOF that Cadeau is on the way for next season, I have it it! You have it to, we all have the proof that Cadeau will play for UNC next season, no announcement is needed. It is right there in front of you, in addition to others that are really really good, Jaden Bradley and Niebrand are both in the portal and Hubert has not in any way gone after them.
Yeah. I pointed that out in another post. Not having any inside info, I could have been wrong, but that's how it looked to me. If we really want a pure PG, and if we didn't know that Cadeau will reclassify, there would have been noise about 1 or more of those guys.

Yeah. I pointed that out in another post. Not having any inside info, I could have been wrong, but that's how it looked to me. If we really want a pure PG, and if we didn't know that Cadeau will reclassify, there would have been noise about 1 or more of those guys.
WW, I can PROMISE you this, if Hubert were not rock solid certain of what Cadeau is going to do, we would have already had Jaden Bradley on campus by now, ask gary how wrong i am about that! LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT