ADVERTISEMENT

We will land G.G.

GG Jackson is down to six options: Puke, UNC, South Carolina, Georgetown, Auburn and the NBA G League.

Zagsblog thinks, South Carolina is probably the favorite and he’s considering reclassifying to this year.

He’s a lock for UNC ……bank on it…..unless the Evil One sends out his legion of demons to interfere

If you believe the "experts" over at 24/7 they have GG at 75% to UNC and 25% to South Carolina.

Seems that things have been trending up for the hometown school recently which is concerning this close to an announcement. Hopefully Carolina can pull this off.

But what about Caleb Love?

giphy.gif

Can GG play the 4? It'd be nice to have Bacot back and Garcia stays away, there would be plenty of opportunity available for him.

Maybe I've watched Shark Tank too many times but it seems to me that you tell GG and his Dad you have 24 hours to respond. We want you and will make you a star to be drafted as a lottery pick but if you exceed our time limit we will move on and win the NC without you. Hey, it usually works on Shark Tank.

I hope he reclassifies.... Could use him next year with what have coming back and coming in.
In a perfect world he stays in his 23 class, goes to Oak Hill and then joins a healthy Jalen Washington to form Worthy/ Perkins 2.0, with Sr Puff Sr R.J. and some combo of Trimble and Wilcher to lead Carolina to the 2024 National Championship. Clip and save

I have a feeling GG is just doing the dance with USC to keep the home folks happy. Kind of like Zion did with Clemson. Why would GG care to go to a school wrapped in basketball mediocrity for basically 40 years? And by the time he got there, one would imagine Frank would be gone if they have developed any kind of bond. That USC hasn't run him yet shows just how little USC cares about winning at a high level. They are content just to cash that SEC check.

I have a feeling GG is just doing the dance with USC to keep the home folks happy. Kind of like Zion did with Clemson. Why would GG care to go to a school wrapped in basketball mediocrity for basically 40 years? And by the time he got there, one would imagine Frank would be gone if they have developed any kind of bond. That USC hasn't run him yet shows just how little USC cares about winning at a high level. They are content just to cash that SEC check.
You know my stance on GG, has not changed but as I have consistently shared, I am not at all worried that he may pick duke, I am concerned about the game cocks and the "G", still very strongly feel he ends up a Tar Heel! Telling you right now, when GG picks UNC, it could hedge Bacot to come back because our starting front line would be Bacot and GG, with Washington and Nichel off the bench, and Shaver getting another season to learn from the deep bench spot. With the 3 spot handled by leaky and Puff, we are a NATTY contender if we get solid guard play.

I don't see Bacot coming back under any circumstances. He would be losing too much money. He needed this year, but when you are at your best, you go to the league if you can.

Reactions: superstar57
I don't see Bacot coming back under any circumstances. He would be losing too much money. He needed this year, but when you are at your best, you go to the league if you can.
But your argument revolves on Bacot being now as good as he can be and I don't think he is. He was great in the duke game and that is huge for his NBA draft resume because he went head to head with a guy that is listed in most (maybe all) NBA mock drafts as a 1st rounder big man. Problem that Bacot has is that outside of that duke game, when Bacot has gone against big time big men this season, he has kind of wet the bed. Against the Perdue big man, Bacot was not great, Oscar from Ky (who BTW would be my vote for NCAA POY) Oscar owned him head to head. They are for reason listing Oscar as a second round guy in the mock I saw today.

The player I saw (Bacot) vs duke, yeah that is a NBA draftee first round but if he came back and the player we saw vs duke was a player we got consistently next season and his team is winning and not being blown out in what 4 games like we were this season, his game may not improve as much from where he is right now but the perception of him would and really, perception is what matters more when it comes to being drafted.

But your argument revolves on Bacot being now as good as he can be and I don't think he is. He was great in the duke game and that is huge for his NBA draft resume because he went head to head with a guy that is listed in most (maybe all) NBA mock drafts as a 1st rounder big man. Problem that Bacot has is that outside of that duke game, when Bacot has gone against big time big men this season, he has kind of wet the bed. Against the Perdue big man, Bacot was not great, Oscar from Ky (who BTW would be my vote for NCAA POY) Oscar owned him head to head. They are for reason listing Oscar as a second round guy in the mock I saw today.

The player I saw (Bacot) vs duke, yeah that is a NBA draftee first round but if he came back and the player we saw vs duke was a player we got consistently next season and his team is winning and not being blown out in what 4 games like we were this season, his game may not improve as much from where he is right now but the perception of him would and really, perception is what matters more when it comes to being drafted.
If Bacot could develop an outside shot….he is a top 5 pick. He can do it based off of what I see in his free throw stroke.

Reactions: Tom79
You know my stance on GG, has not changed but as I have consistently shared, I am not at all worried that he may pick duke, I am concerned about the game cocks and the "G", still very strongly feel he ends up a Tar Heel! Telling you right now, when GG picks UNC, it could hedge Bacot to come back because our starting front line would be Bacot and GG, with Washington and Nichel off the bench, and Shaver getting another season to learn from the deep bench spot. With the 3 spot handled by leaky and Puff, we are a NATTY contender if we get solid guard play.
Is GG reclassifying? We wouldnt have Bacot and GG together if not. GG is 2023 and Bacot will be a Senior next year in 2022.

Is GG reclassifying? We wouldnt have Bacot and GG together if not. GG is 2023 and Bacot will be a Senior next year in 2022.
From what I hear the family is strongly considering him to re-class and play next season and Hubert is 100% on board with it if that is what they prefer. Not by any means a done deal about the re-class, he knows where he wants to commit to now but still some back and forth about him reclassing. If backed in to a corner, I would slightly hedge toward him reclassing and playing next season but that is way TBD.

As far as Bacot returning, I think the best chance is if he really does not like his NBA prospects overall, and wants to continue his buisness aspirations as well as making NIL money, while chasing a National title.

If he wants to better his NBA prospects, the G Leauge would seem to be the better route at this point. He needs to stretch his shooting out dramatically, and footwork guarding away from the basket. At UNC he would dominate on the block, I don't see him doing much of either. but that does not translate well to the Association. At his size and athleticism his upside as a banger/rim protecter in the Association isn't much sought after.

As far as Bacot returning, I think the best chance is if he really does not like his NBA prospects overall, and wants to continue his buisness aspirations as well as making NIL money, while chasing a National title.

If he wants to better his NBA prospects, the G Leauge would seem to be the better route at this point. He needs to stretch his shooting out dramatically, and footwork guarding away from the basket. At UNC he would dominate on the block, I don't see him doing much of either. but that does not translate well to the Association. At his size and athleticism his upside as a banger/rim protecter in the Association isn't much sought after.
I’d have to agree.

In a perfect world he stays in his 23 class, goes to Oak Hill and then joins a healthy Jalen Washington to form Worthy/ Perkins 2.0, with Sr Puff Sr R.J. and some combo of Trimble and Wilcher to lead Carolina to the 2024 National Championship. Clip and save
Sounds about right.

If Bacot could develop an outside shot….he is a top 5 pick. He can do it based off of what I see in his free throw stroke.
Maybe he CAN develop a 3-point stroke in the future, but at this juncture another year ain't gonna matter much. Some guys just can't shoot, and he looks like such a guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT