ADVERTISEMENT

What you listening to today?

Good stuff. But Johnny Cash's version of 'Hurt' is better. Just sayin'.
Yeah, I have a somewhat hot take on that one. His version isn't better. People just say it's better because he died so soon after recording it. His version is good, but it's more of a spoken word poem instead of a song.

Yeah, I have a somewhat hot take on that one. His version isn't better. People just say it's better because he died so soon after recording it. His version is good, but it's more of a spoken word poem instead of a song.
you think Trent Reznor's isn't? And that's Cash's style anyway.

Actually, I think we did this recently. IIRC, my opinion was favored by a huge margin and that was not even counting mail-in ballots.

Reactions: Archer2
you think Trent Reznor's isn't? And that's Cash's style anyway.
My post would imply that. And that wasn't Cash's style before he had one foot in the grave.

Actually, I think we did this recently. IIRC, my opinion was favored by a huge margin and that was not even counting mail-in ballots.
That's why they call it a hot take. It doesn't bother me that I'm smarter than most people. That's been the case for most of my life.

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
My post would imply that. And that wasn't Cash's style before he had one foot in the grave.
I beg to differ. It just wasn't as pronounced.

That's why they call it a hot take. It doesn't bother me that I'm smarter than most people. That's been the case for most of my life.
that's where we're different then. I'm not bothered by being smarter than most either, but people tend to fall in line behind my takes because my infallibility is so readily apparent.

Ive known Tech N9ne can flow for days but Jehry Robinson and especially RITTZ can absolutely keep up with Tech. This song is banging. Click on the gear icon and drop playback speed to .75. You can understand the words and it still sounds fuggin good.

lotta stones…heard stern’s interview with keith this week and it made me research his credits and his features…wow, never knew some of it.

he’s also pretty funny.

you’re being stupid…whatever you’re reading about richards, it’s wrong.
I'm reading interviews where he has talked shit about certain genres and bands. Are you saying he's lying about what he thinks?

musicians had beef in the 90’s…maybe you’re a 90’s rap guy…you must hate everyone…please tell me you hate flavor flav.
Does this make sense in your head? It certainly didn't make sense when you typed it. I didn't realize you wanted to gargle his balls so much. I apologize for insulting your wannabe lover.

I'm reading interviews where he has talked shit about certain genres and bands. Are you saying he's lying about what he thinks?

Does this make sense in your head? It certainly didn't make sense when you typed it. I didn't realize you wanted to gargle his balls so much. I apologize for insulting your wannabe lover.
now you’re being a child

he’s one of the greatest song writers and musicians ever and he’s still doing it…he doesn’t need my adulation at all.

now you’re being a child

he’s one of the greatest song writers and musicians ever and he’s still doing it…he doesn’t need my adulation at all.
I never said he wasn't good at what he does. I just said he was an asshole. Then you started to freak out and defend him like he was your mom.

I never said he wasn't good at what he does. I just said he was an asshole. Then you started to freak out and defend him like he was your mom.
and you reacted like he’s banged your mom.

i still don’t believe he’s disrespectful of other musicians…if he was, again, so?????

@TarHeelMark

Here's one you will enjoy! The pictures in the video, alone, are worth the watch!

Cool, thanks strum. FWIW, I've been listening to the new Stones release today and I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised... it's better than I expected (full disclosure - I tampered down my expectations beforehand - much like I do for UNC football ). Anyway, I'll need a few more listens before I decide for sure, but so far feels like it's a better overall LP than pretty much anything they released since Tattoo You.

Cool, thanks strum. FWIW, I've been listening to the new Stones release today and I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised... it's better than I expected (full disclosure - I tampered down my expectations beforehand - much like I do for UNC football ). Anyway, I'll need a few more listens before I decide for sure, but so far feels like it's a better overall LP than pretty much anything they released since Tattoo You.
I saw a clip of Ronnie Wood on Jimmy Fallon's show. Have you ever seen Wood's artwork??? It's friggin amazing stuff. If I had to say which was better, I'd say the man's visual art exceeds his musical talent. And, then... I'll watch something like this:

... and, change my mind.

I saw a clip of Ronnie Wood on Jimmy Fallon's show. Have you ever seen Wood's artwork??? It's friggin amazing stuff. If I had to say which was better, I'd say the man's visual art exceeds his musical talent. And, then... I'll watch something like this:

... and, change my mind.
Good stuff. I like that era of the Faces w/ Rod. His early solo work included the Ronnies (Wood, Lane) on most of it, which was also pretty damn good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT