ADVERTISEMENT

What you listening to today?

You must be on a little of that image in the youtube video you posted above. Another classification
in this branch of the sub-thread, you are dead to me...he said, talking to no one.

But then, did you see those buds? You could get ripped just looking at a picture of them...he spoke again to no one in particular.

Reactions: Grayhead
reposted, previously posted to the wrong thread. A talent that's just coming out...

So i was discussing the old color of the nursery at my church with my wife. We just did an over haul of the nursery. She said, (speaking about the old wall color), that deep purple was awful. I quickly corrected her that deep purple rocked. She not her sister had any clue who they are. If someone can get almost every highschool band in the world since the mid 70's to play that intro to smoke on the water during a football game, then they obviously rock.

Just watched this for the first time and I was blown away. I’ve never been an Elvis fan. Ever. I’ve always felt he was a caricature bordering on ridiculous with the over the top outfits and showmanship but this performance was evidently back in his prime before the addictions kicked in and man…..the mother fukker could flat out sing. Such a voice and such emotion. Incredible.

Just watched this for the first time and I was blown away. I’ve never been an Elvis fan. Ever. I’ve always felt he was a caricature bordering on ridiculous with the over the top outfits and showmanship but this performance was evidently back in his prime before the addictions kicked in and man…..the mother fukker could flat out sing. Such a voice and such emotion. Incredible.

I just about loathe Elvis, mostly for the reasons you give. I've felt this way for a very long time, too long to change now. I pass on your video. Sorry.

The best part of that '68 Comeback Special was the portion that wasn't broadcast. It wasn't released until much later.

This is badass... like an acoustic set.

Rakim is one of the greatest lyricist in hip hop history. No cursing, just straight flow.

I think I posted this or a version of it not too long ago, and I don't care I'm doing it again. I absolutely love Steve Marriot.

I just wish he was still with us and maybe he would cover 'Take On Me'. That would be awesome.

just in a blues guitar kind of mood I guess. Some of my very favorite guitar guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archer2
any Delbert fans here? I've seen him more by far than any other performer, just one hell of a musician.

I didn't realize that Randy Meisner, one of the original Eagles had passed a few days ago. I always found it amazing how he hit the high notes at the end of this live performance of "Take It To The Limit."

I didn't realize that Randy Meisner, one of the original Eagles had passed a few days ago. I always found it amazing how he hit the high notes at the end of this live performance of "Take It To The Limit."

I remember watching The History Of The Eagles a few years ago and they mentioned that song as being a point of contention backstage, at least one time. Frey and Henley were talking about how the fans went nuts for that song, especially at the end when those high notes are held for so long. Apparently, Meisner didn't wanna do it one night (or maybe he backed-out of it a few times throughout a tour). And, Frey confronts him and says "I get tired of singing Already Gone and Take It Easy, but the people come to hear them!" Meisner still protested and Frey threw a beer bottle at the wall and said "Well, fvck it, then!" Meisner, according to Joe Walsh "...wasn't an Alpha." He didn't realize how good he really was.

Reactions: HookUNC75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT