ADVERTISEMENT

What you listening to today?

Rank 'em!

Rank these three songs titled Forever Young from your favorite to your least favorite.

Bob Dylan

Alphaville

Rod Stewart

Probably a hot take, but...

Stewart
Alphaville
Dylan
sorry, wrong answer. Eurotrash pop music always comes in last. Or is it Europop trash music.

Rod Stewart flirts with that category but not really. I just don't care much for him. But putting Dylan last is crazy. His music is sacrosanct. Or is it sancrosact.

sorry, wrong answer. Eurotrash pop music always comes in last. Or is it Europop trash music.

Rod Stewart flirts with that category but not really. I just don't care much for him. But putting Dylan last is crazy. His music is sacrosanct. Or is it sancrosact.
I've never been able to get over how bad Dylan's voice is. He's a great songwriter that should have let someone else sing. Plus, his lyrics for this song are too repetitive for me. I get the idea, but just don't think it's good, or at least as good as the other two. None of them are going on my playlist, though.

I've never been able to get over how bad Dylan's voice is. He's a great songwriter that should have let someone else sing. Plus, his lyrics for this song are too repetitive for me. I get the idea, but just don't think it's good, or at least as good as the other two. None of them are going on my playlist, though.
I used to usher at the DeanDome back when they were doing quite a few concerts. Dylan came in and they assigned me the area right in front of the stage. I was excited. But I honestly am not sure I understood one single word that he sang. I wasn't expecting Pavarotti, but damn man, put some effort into it.

Still, it was cool being up front with a legend.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Speaking of concerts at the Dean Dome, why did they stop doing that? Seems like the perfect venue. 21k seats, college campus, middle of the state, decent parking.

Speaking of concerts at the Dean Dome, why did they stop doing that? Seems like the perfect venue. 21k seats, college campus, middle of the state, decent parking.
I'm not sure why they stopped, but the crowds could be pretty wild for certain concerts. I always wondered if they just wanted to preserve the sanctity of the place.

I'm not sure why they stopped, but the crowds could be pretty wild for certain concerts. I always wondered if they just wanted to preserve the sanctity of the place.

Saw 2 concerts at Dean Dome. Whitney Houston was one. Then I saw Brandy, Babyface, and Boys II Men.

Saw 2 concerts at Dean Dome. Whitney Houston was one. Then I saw Brandy, Babyface, and Boys II Men.
I ushered the Whitney Houston concert, unless there was another one I wasn't aware of. It was the last show on that tour and she seemed tired, uninspired, and not all that happy to be there. The stage was in the middle, a setup I hadn't seen before. I was never a WH fan, and it took the cake when after the concert, the ushers and security had to form a double line for her to exit within, as if throngs of hysterical fans might try to rip her clothes off. I laughed to myself. My thought; get over yourself.

Of course that was just my cynical ass. I hope you saw it differently and enjoyed it.

I ushered the Whitney Houston concert, unless there was another one I wasn't aware of. It was the last show on that tour and she seemed tired, uninspired, and not all that happy to be there. The stage was in the middle, a setup I hadn't seen before. I was never a WH fan, and it took the cake when after the concert, the ushers and security had to form a double line for her to exit within, as if throngs of hysterical fans might try to rip her clothes off. I laughed to myself. My thought; get over yourself.

Of course that was just my cynical ass. I hope you saw it differently and enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it. I remember someone yelled "Marry Michael Jordan". She said, "YOU marry Michael Jordan". Cant recall what year that was. Maybe 93 or 94.

Reactions: bluetoe
I'm sitting in the barbershop. They have 90s rock playing. They describe is as classic rock. I lol at millineals and beyond. You could see all the gen x folks moving their heads to Soundgarden

I'm sitting in the barbershop. They have 90s rock playing. They describe is as classic rock. I lol at millineals and beyond. You could see all the gen x folks moving their heads to Soundgarden
Yeah, I mentioned those bands being on classic rock a while back. Makes me feel old. I think the general rule of thumb is around 25 years for it to be considered as classic, so some Soundgarden would qualify.

Reactions: Grayhead
I never saw any concerts in the Dean Dome because when I was at Carolina it hadn’t been built yet. In Carmichael Auditorium (as it was called in those days rather than Carmichael Arena) I did get to see the Supremes, The Byrds, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, John Denver, Gordon Lightfoot, B.B. King, Judy Collins, The Pointer Sisters, The Kinks, Roberta Flack, Seals and Crofts, New Riders of the Purple Sage, the Hollies, James Taylor, Steven Stills & Manassas, the Beach Boys, Sha Na Na, and best of all, The Hanneford Circus:p

For concerts in Carmichael, the bleacher side was pushed back to the wall and a stage was raised from the floor. As soon as the lights were dimmed for the concert to begin you were enveloped with a sweet burning smell and a blue haze would arise.

Yeah, I mentioned those bands being on classic rock a while back. Makes me feel old. I think the general rule of thumb is around 25 years for it to be considered as classic, so some Soundgarden would qualify.
Only those in the know know what's up with genx tunes

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
Just some gratuitous commentary...

I've never understood this generational pigeonholing and I pay no attention to these classifications. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe there is actually a continuum of both music and childbirth. Seems to me a tune is as old as it is and the same for a person; and that's what explains the connections, and that's all there is to it. Maybe it's just me.

I never saw any concerts in the Dean Dome because when I was at Carolina it hadn’t been built yet. In Carmichael Auditorium (as it was called in those days rather than Carmichael Arena) I did get to see the Supremes, The Byrds, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, John Denver, Gordon Lightfoot, B.B. King, Judy Collins, The Pointer Sisters, The Kinks, Roberta Flack, Seals and Crofts, New Riders of the Purple Sage, the Hollies, James Taylor, Steven Stills & Manassas, the Beach Boys, Sha Na Na, and best of all, The Hanneford Circus:p

For concerts in Carmichael, the bleacher side was pushed back to the wall and a stage was raised from the floor. As soon as the lights were dimmed for the concert to begin you were enveloped with a sweet burning smell and a blue haze would arise.
I think I mentioned here before, my first ever concert was at Carmichael. The Young Rascals. That was precisely a long time ago.

Just some gratuitous commentary...

I've never understood this generational pigeonholing and I pay no attention to these classifications. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe there is actually a continuum of both music and childbirth. Seems to me a tune is as old as it is and the same for a person; and that's what explains the connections, and that's all there is to it. Maybe it's just me.
Being pseudo generational can actually be a classification, therefore it's just you. :cool:

Being pseudo generational can actually be a classification, therefore it's just you. :cool:
I think that the classifications you always refer to are the pseudo ones. I'm more of a classification denier. Take that, smart guy.😜

I would like to thank you for your service in WW1.

Yet I am here to deny your attempt at classification denier with a classification you denied.
attempt? I can't be unsuccessful as a classification denier when it's up to me to deny classification or not. I can deny the moon is made of cheese and you can say I'm wrong and that it is made of cheese, but you can't say I'm not denying that. So I'm denying your classification while acknowledging your misguided but real denial of my so-called 'attempt'.

Little Feat, WAITING FOR COLUMBUS
-go to youtube. At the top search bar, type in the tune or album or artist of your choice, or as close to the title or name as you can get.

-from the list that appears, make your choice and left click on it

-highlight the URL and left click on it

-from the drop down that appears, choose copy and left click on it

-return here and click on 'reply'. At the top, left click on the three vertical dots all the way to the right on the menu line. A continuation of the menu will appear.

-put your cursor over the third emblem from the left (the word media should appear). Left click on it.

-a box will appear with a blank bar at the top. Paste the copied URL in it, and left click on 'continue' at the bottom of the box. Your job is almost done.

-your music is now in your reply. Just hit 'post' as you normally would.

ETA: I forgot the best part. Thought this might be appropriate...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT