ADVERTISEMENT

What you listening to today?

He's a legit independent artist who has used YouTube to get a pretty big following. I would say he's probably one of the top as far as popularity goes in that category. It's really just him and his wife that do everything. Like @gunslingerdick mentioned, his hooks and beats aren't the best in the world. I think his rhymes tend to be on the weaker side, but he does a good job getting his point across.

Side note about the video, that was the same model and color car from the Stan video. I thought that was a cool little detail. Also, the whole video was shot at his house. Including the underwater scenes, which were filmed in his pool.

He and Nova aren't married but they're clearly devoted to each other. And yeah, it's literally just the two of them that do everything from production to shipping. I love how truly independent he is.

You think his rhymes are weak? You and I agree on the hooks and beats but I disagree here. I will admit that I might be a bit blinded because I love his content so much.

He and Nova aren't married but they're clearly devoted to each other. And yeah, it's literally just the two of them that do everything from production to shipping. I love how truly independent he is.

You think his rhymes are weak? You and I agree on the hooks and beats but I disagree here. I will admit that I might be a bit blinded because I love his content so much.
Compared to what I usually listen to, they are weak to me. But, like I said, he does a good job getting his point across regardless of his ability. That's just as important as the rhyme itself.

Kind of a side note, are you aware of the story behind the beat for that song? It was bought at an NFT auction from Eminem. He dropped $100k on it. That's why he can technically say it was produced by Eminem, even though they didn't work together.

Kind of a side note, are you aware of the story behind the beat for that song? It was bought at an NFT auction from Eminem. He dropped $100k on it. That's why he can technically say it was produced by Eminem, even though they didn't work together.

I just happened to be on youtube last week when the song came out and I listened to it and then I read the story behind it. I still can't really grasp the whole NFT thing though.

I just happened to be on youtube last week when the song came out and I listened to it and then I read the story behind it. I still can't really grasp the whole NFT thing though.
Yeah, I don't really get it. Sounds like someone came up with another way for people to spend their money on stupid shit.

Bro, Tom MacDonald is fire. His hooks and beats are just so-so. But his lyrics resonate with me big time. I'm going to link a few more of my favorites of his.

Everybody Hates Me is funny as ****. I love the catchy tune and his rhymes are hilarious. "Everyone hates me for something or makes something up when they hate me for nothing." AWESOME!

These are my 2 favorite song (as of now) by him. The first has a concept that is phenomenal and lets out about his past demons.

The last song is a diss towards Mac Lethal...who tweeted about Tom and tried to backtrack on what he said. This is the 2nd song about Mac Lethal. The first one was not as good but this DESTROYS Mac Lethal. I mean DESTROYS him.

Last edited:

Got into an Eminem rabbit hole this morning. This is the sequel to "Stan" written in the eyes of his little brother who "here's an autograph for your brother, I wrote it on a starter cap."

This song was missed by most but I think the last verse is the best verse of his career. It flips into his own subconscious and is probably the most self-aware verse in rap history.

Listening to some Watsky (if you don't know, you better ask somebody) this morning. The song Hercules came on and I thought of our history enthusiast, @dadika13 . From all accounts, this song is historically accurate. Check it out dadika.

Check out this song. Logic is really good. Em makes his presence known as well.

Listening to some Watsky (if you don't know, you better ask somebody) this morning. The song Hercules came on and I thought of our history enthusiast, @dadika13 . From all accounts, this song is historically accurate. Check it out dadika.

Between this and Hamilton, history rap is having a great past few years.

Went on YouTube and just clicked the first song by Watsky and got this one, huge fan. Lyricism is phenomenal. He reminds me of someone that I can't place. Maybe the guy who raps in Lincoln Park, his solo stuff?

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Between this and Hamilton, history rap is having a great past few years.

Went on YouTube and just clicked the first song by Watsky and got this one, huge fan. Lyricism is phenomenal. He reminds me of someone that I can't place. Maybe the guy who raps in Lincoln Park, his solo stuff?

Check these out. This dude is brilliant and really takes a different spin on rap music. These are some of my favorites:

Not bad at all from the 2 songs you posted (I like Stone a lot). You can definitely hear the LS influence, he even drops the Simple Man reference in the first song you poasted. The drummer is great, I'll give them more of a listen.

My convo with @tarheel0910 about Genesis has me listening to this classic this AM:

I think if aliens came down and asked what 80s music was (because of course they'd ask that) I'd probably play them this song first, great 80s pop song.
I know Genesis / Phil Collins are highly rated, but I still think underrated - regarding musical genius, especially if you take Peter Gabriel and Mike Rutherford into account. Just a great band with some ingenious, diverse styles of music writing, instrumentals, vocals.

Phil Collins and Philip Bailey from Earth, Wind, and Fire - "Easy Lover" is a great song also.

Check these out. This dude is brilliant and really takes a different spin on rap music. These are some of my favorites:

These are pretty cool. I like the covers / tributes to The Graduate (Mrs. Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel) though I haven't even seen that movie. Great funny cool lyrics.

I also like the O Brother Where Art Thou tribute (Man of Constant Sorrow - AKUS). I've always loved the music from that movie, and the Cohen's story line based Homer's Odyssey in the movie (the sirens, etc) .

Very cool the way he sort of acts out the story line of these couple movies through these songs / videos. Thanks for sharing.

watched a doc on oasis two nights ago, so all day yesterday was oasis...a lifetime in about four years.
we all have different tastes I guess. That would have felt like a lifetime in a day to me.

This was the song that got Lindsey into Fleetwood Mac (he then insisted that Stevie join him as well). Mick Fleetwood said he needed a guitar player to the guy who produced this song and the producer recommended Lindsey and played Mick this song. One of my personal favorites, Lindsey's guitar solo is great.

This album is incredible (topless Stevie on the cover also...and topless Lindsey also if you're into that NTTAWWT), to me it's the prequel to Rumours. Their record label dropped them even after hearing early versions of their next album which was Rihannan, Monday Morning, Blue Letter, Landslide, etc. and those songs eventually made the FM White Album a hit.

Got more for the rap heads. Listening to some new Madchild this morning.

And then of course I had to listen to some old Madchild.

And then I had to listen to some really old Madchild (when he was still in Swollen Members).

Reactions: chickenhunter
of course we do, dodo bird...it’s like ice cream flavors.

and i didn’t even call them a favorite, lol.
instead of trying to be nice, I guess I should have gone with my initial impulse....which was to just plainly say that your taste is for shit.

instead of trying to be nice, I guess I should have gone with my initial impulse....which was to just plainly say that your taste is for shit.
it’s a message board, be what you want, fake or not.

again, for the people on the short bus, “what are you listening to today” not “what’s your favorite band or music.”

yes, i have listened to music before that isn’t my favorite.

Reactions: blazers
it’s a message board, be what you want, fake or not.

again, for the people on the short bus, “what are you listening to today” not “what’s your favorite band or music.”

yes, i have listened to music before that isn’t my favorite.
you spent all day listening to music that you don't care for that much because you saw a documentary? Tell us more about this short bus of yours.

ah...eta, should’ve said during the day.
but you didn't. Therefor all your previous testimony is deemed inadmissable and will be stricken, virtually at least, from the record and you are hereby sentenced to a long ride on the short bus. Not all day, but during the day.

;)

• Haha
You'd probably like the goat rodeo sessions.
that's good stuff, thanks, and I'm a fan of Yo Yo Ma; and I do have a reasonable assortment of bluegrass...some with Yo Yo Ma...but it's this particular combination of Yo Yo Ma and Rhiannon Giddens that's really grabbed me.

This was the song that got Lindsey into Fleetwood Mac (he then insisted that Stevie join him as well). Mick Fleetwood said he needed a guitar player to the guy who produced this song and the producer recommended Lindsey and played Mick this song. One of my personal favorites, Lindsey's guitar solo is great.

This album is incredible (topless Stevie on the cover also...and topless Lindsey also if you're into that NTTAWWT), to me it's the prequel to Rumours. Their record label dropped them even after hearing early versions of their next album which was Rihannan, Monday Morning, Blue Letter, Landslide, etc. and those songs eventually made the FM White Album a hit.
You gotta watch this:

It even goes into great detail about Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac. Tons of cool stories.

Reactions: dadika13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT