ADVERTISEMENT

What you listening to today?

@dadika13

Since you liked Watsky so much, I'm offering you another. Spose is a rapper from Wells, Maine, you know, where all good rappers hail from.

He's not the lyricist that Watsky is. But he's also smart and has some good punchlines. His style is a more comedic style and he claims to have invented "humble rap". I love this guy. I listen to him more than Watsky. Some of his stuff won't immediately hit with you. But the more you listen to him, the more you'll like him. Here are a few of my favorites but his music has such a big range as far as sound so take some time and dive into the Spose wormhole when you get a chance. Some of his videos are hilarious too.

Featuring Watsky:

Ive been an Ice T fan since Breakin. When I saw his first album, I really didnt know about the music, all I saw was his girlfriend on the car and that prompted me to buy it.

Ive seen him in concert a few times...once when he was with Body Count in Chapel Hill at some club (Cats Cradle?). That's was '91-'92.

He also opened for Eric B and Rakim, Kool Moe Dee, Doug. E. Fresh, and heavy D and the Boyz back in '88. Right after the Colors movie came out.

This is the first song I knew from him after Breakin.

Reactions: blazers
Primus has the best videos, hands down. Without the videos, their music is just ok to me. But the videos make their music much better.
Les Claypool, the creativity is insane. He's like a different sort of Frank Zappa.

Saw Biz a few times in concert. RIP

This the first song I heard from him. Long time ago.

foos today...looking forward to lollapalooza tonight on hulu, they’re on around 9est.

speaking of this festival, the fuk has fred durst been doing?...looks like an extra from the “sabotage” video.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
The Eagles Live at the Forum in LA......Awesome Group, Awesome Live Band
Welcome to the board. We hope you will poast here often. We do have a few questions for you.
What is the best cereal?
What is the greatest video game?
How do you feel about gheys and abortions?
Are you dem or pub?

Should be enough to see how well you will be treated here.

Eagles is a good start

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
A local band covered “Godzilla” sat night at the sea witch in Carolina beach and it brought down the house. Incredible. We talked them into an encore of it later on. They made it heavier with awesome sound effects. It’s amazing how you can hear a song a thousand times then rediscover it like that.

Reactions: strummingram
I saw Billy Joel this weekend in an outdoor concert in Great American Ballpark (Reds outdoor stadium) in Cincinatti. What a great show.

It has been a lifelong dream for my daughter (now in college in Southern Michigan) to see Billy Joel in concert. But seeing him at his monthly show in MSG in NY is really pricy (getting to and staying in NYC, etc). Going to see him in Cincinatti just luckily worked out. It seems like a pretty clean nice city, as far as large-ish cities go. Lots of cool history to see with parks, bridges, steamboats, and Reds baseball history / legends.

We were about 100 feet from the stage, on the outfield grass of the ballpark. Billy Joel still has a great voice and pretty decent energy for a 72 year old. But he was totally wiped out by the end of the show. I think he said his last album (River of Dreams?) was released in 1993. Almost 30 years ago. He just has a lot of great songs, both from a music and lyrics standpoint IMO.

He is real, up front, doesn't do any gimmicks or make any excuses about playing his "old stuff". The musicians on stage with him (sax, trumpet, keyboard, percussion players, and Italian opera singer) were top notch. Great music with no distortion, nothing to make your ears bleed or head ring for hours afterward.

He mixed in some good tribute songs (or parts of them) - two by Rolling Stones, one by Led Zeppelin, one by Poco Harem - (Whiter Shade of Pale) who Billy Joel opened for last time he was in Cincinatti.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I saw Billy Joel this weekend in an outdoor concert in Great American Ballpark (Reds outdoor stadium) in Cincinatti. What a great show.

It has been a lifelong dream for my daughter (now in college in Southern Michigan) to see Billy Joel in concert. But seeing him at his monthly show in MSG in NY is really pricy (getting to and staying in NYC, etc). Going to see him in Cincinatti just luckily worked out. It seems like a pretty clean nice city, as far as large-ish cities go. Lots of cool history to see with parks, bridges, steamboats, and Reds baseball history / legends.

We were about 100 feet from the stage, on the outfield grass of the ballpark. Billy Joel still has a great voice and pretty decent energy for a 72 year old. But he was totally wiped out by the end of the show. I think he said his last album (River of Dreams?) was released in 1993. Almost 30 years ago. He just has a lot of great songs, both from a music and lyrics standpoint IMO.

He is real, up front, doesn't do any gimmicks or make any excuses about playing his "old stuff". The musicians on stage with him (sax, trumpet, keyboard, percussion players, and Italian opera singer) were top notch. Great music with no distortion, nothing to make your ears bleed or head ring for hours afterward.

He mixed in some good tribute songs (or parts of them) - two by Rolling Stones, one by Led Zeppelin, one by Poco Harem - (Whiter Shade of Pale) who Billy Joel opened for last time he was in Cincinatti.
I've been to one of his concerts. I think it was back in 2007. It was a great show. One of the best I've seen and I've seen a lot.

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT