ADVERTISEMENT

What's Going On With The Competition?

Young man just can't seem to find a home!

I hope he finds whatever he is looking for!

This is big for the development of the the players. Pat Sullivan and Jackie Manuel fit the bill here. Manuel probably will be all over Walton on improving his defense.

Good to see.

I don't understand why there are any restrictions at all. Can someone explain the reasoning behind that?

I assume there are limits on the number of "coaches" but why not let all of them participate in practices and teaching?

Is this some sort of effort to level the playing field between rich and poor schools?

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I believe if it applied itself, the NCAA could fork something up as well as any government entity!

Reactions: blazers
Nero didn’t actually fiddle while Rome burned. In fact he was 30 miles south of Rome when the fire started and started a massive rebuilding project so Emmert in this case is definitely a slap in the face to Nero’s integrity…. And that guy killed his mom
Someone who knows his history!

College athletics should not be any concern of the US Government. If the NCAA can't handle it then the NCAA should vanish. That's just my opinion.
Ha hahahahahahahahaha, dude ya killin me! LOL IF and that is a MAJOR IF, there is any entity WORSE than the federal government at making ANYTHING work like it is suppose to then the NCAA would be a big time player for worst of the worst! Honestly, the government has to envy the NCAA, they suck worse than we do and none of their folk have been fired yet, WTF!

Please keep this wingnut nonsense on the idiot board where it belongs.
He’s exactly right. The government can’t administrate anything properly. Regardless of your political persuasion, you should understand that. If not, you haven’t been paying attention. They’re worse than the NCAA at management, and that’s saying something.

He’s exactly right. The government can’t administrate anything properly. Regardless of your political persuasion, you should understand that. If not, you haven’t been paying attention. They’re worse than the NCAA at management, and that’s saying something.
Oh brother.

I believe both sides of the aisle agree that the NCAA couldn't administrate itself out of a wet paper bag!!! Emmert couldn't find his own arse with a map and a bloodhound!!!!

Some people are just gubmit sheep , that need their lives managed or f@#cked up from cradle to grave,

Wonder what took the ol cash cal so long to offer.
Duke has been the perceived way out front leader for this kid for a while now and most coaches will shy away when they feel another program has a kid locked up. You see some of thee kids offer lists and you know they were more talented than their list of offers seem to imply. That is just that other coaches already know they are wasting their time getting involved. But you as well see at times all the sudden big time programs will start to offer a kid thought to be locked to a program, why? Well that is because other coaches notice some slippage in that X program has him locked up or maybe it was not as real as everyone thought.

Filipowski is that kid that everyone felt was or is a duke lock, Hubert offered, kid seems to like that he did. Now Kal has jumped in and seems to be a bit of concern now in durham. No matter what dukies want you to believe, duke is no longer duke, it just isn't the program it was. What put K in the HOF and lead to so many of those wins was very strong outside shooting, very physical defense, and a coach that worked the refs for any and every advantage he could get. Duke was one of those programs that were better because of the coach, teams better collectively than their individual parts would indicate. The dukies of old would out play you more than out talent you while still have solid talent.

But somewhere around playing super coach for the USA version of collected all stars, K began to change. Maybe his time was being drained to much, don't know but K started to build teams based on out talenting opponents and his cachet of being seen around so many NBA stars drew a lot of the best talents in every class. He followed Kal's lead and committed his program to the 1&D, most as well know he as well had to resort to back room deals to make sure that talent would be delivered to him.

K was fortunate to be able to snag a title when he did still have some uppermen that could provide the experience but as freshmen began to take more and more PT from upper classmen K's teams were marked by a constant problem. They would win a lot of regular season games and spend most of the season in the top 5 but flame out in the NCAAT. They are now at the point that they must reload every single season and if they do not hit with great freshmen the slide is hard, last season was missing that game changer freshman and the best freshman they had was booted mid season, so they fell hard.

And now K is going in to his lame duck victory tour season, that is not going to be about Scheyer, it is going to be K all the time and the dude that makes funny faces on his bench that will take over when K takes his final bow. Exit K stage left, exit Banchero/Griffin stage left also and enter that next great duke class that is already wrapped up with comitted stars like Filipowski, wait, you mean that class is not locked in at this late date, you mean Filipowski has not yet committed, you mean Filipowski is not even committed and other major programs are offering him? Oh, so who is it that duke reloads with, will they even be able to keep Keels, will anyone care if they keep Roach?

Filipowski is a MAJOR recruit for Scheyer, he kind of has to get him because the stakes are huge for his future. Showing your fans and boosters that you can keep the talent pipeline working as it had is vital, Hubert has shown he can do that already but it does not look like they are lining up to play for plastic-face, they have lost that HOT program to play for aura. Situation was that duke could sail in and snag a recruit most any time they wanted, nearly able to pick the best of the best before anyone else got a pick. That is no longer true and that is the key to being successful in the 1&D, you must re-load with the best of the best talents EVERY season and you can not bring in a kid you think is a mega star and he not be that. Well their last freshman group, they missed on 4 guys so their season fell apart. Williams did not play like the most talented big man in the country, Johnson was booted mid season, Stewart was OK but he left anyway, and Roach stunk the joint up. While Banchero/Griffin/Keels is a solid trio of talents they did whiff on Baldwin and that was a huge miss because with him duke had a solid front court with Williams/Banchero/Baldwin but their front court depth without Baldwin is just not fearsome.

IN a twist of fate, both UNC and duke got a Marquette transfer, we got Dawson Garcia, anyone know the guy duke got? LOL

Hubert so far has surpassed any expectations I think most UNC fans could have hoped for, his next test is the season and the post season coming, can his teams not just win but win in such a convincing way that opponents fear them. We had kinda lost that, teams were sharpening their knives wanting to take on UNC because we seemed beatable, Hubert looks to me to be putting something together that could once again strike fear in to our opponents and one of those opponents is duke.

Last edited:
Duke has been the perceived way out front leader for this kid for a while now and most coaches will shy away when they feel another program has a kid locked up. You see some of thee kids offer lists and you know they were more talented than their list of offers seem to imply. That is just that other coaches already know they are wasting their time getting involved. But you as well see at times all the sudden big time programs will start to offer a kid thought to be locked to a program, why? Well that is because other coaches notice some slippage in that X program has him locked up or maybe it was not as real as everyone thought.

Filipowski is that kid that everyone felt was or is a duke lock, Hubert offered, kid seems to like that he did. Now Kal has jumped in and seems to be a bit of concern now in durham. No matter what dukies want you to believe, duke is no longer duke, it just isn't the program it was. What put K in the HOF and lead to so many of those wins was very strong outside shooting, very physical defense, and a coach that worked the refs for any and every advantage he could get. Duke was one of those programs that were better because of the coach, teams better collectively than their individual parts would indicate. The dukies of old would out play you more than out talent you while still have solid talent.

But somewhere around playing super coach for the USA version of collected all stars, K began to change. Maybe his time was being drained to much, don't know but K started to build teams based on out talenting opponents and his cachet of being seen around so many NBA stars drew a lot of the best talents in every class. He followed Kal's lead and committed his program to the 1&D, most as well know he as well had to resort to back room deals to make sure that talent would be delivered to him.

K was fortunate to be able to snag a title when he did still have some uppermen that could provide the experience but as freshmen began to take more and more PT from upper classmen K's teams were marked by a constant problem. They would win a lot of regular season games and spend most of the season in the top 5 but flame out in the NCAAT. They are now at the point that they must reload every single season and if they do not hit with great freshmen the slide is hard, last season was missing that game changer freshman and the best freshman they had was booted mid season, so they fell hard.

And now K is going in to his lame duck victory tour season, that is not going to be about Scheyer, it is going to be K all the time and the dude that makes funny faces on his bench that will take over when K takes his final bow. Exit K stage left, exit Banchero/Griffin stage left also and enter that next great duke class that is already wrapped up with comitted stars like Filipowski, wait, you mean that class is not locked in at this late date, you mean Filipowski has not yet committed, you mean Filipowski is not even committed and other major programs are offering him? Oh, so who is it that duke reloads with, will they even be able to keep Keels, will anyone care if they keep Roach?

Filipowski is a MAJOR recruit for Scheyer, he kind of has to get him because the stakes are huge for his future. Showing your fans and boosters that you can keep the talent pipeline working as it had is vital, Hubert has shown he can do that already but it does not look like they are lining up to play for plastic-face, they have lost that HOT program to play for aura. Situation was that duke could sail in and snag a recruit most any time they wanted, nearly able to pick the best of the best before anyone else got a pick. That is no longer true and that is the key to being successful in the 1&D, you must re-load with the best of the best talents EVERY season and you can not bring in a kid you think is a mega star and he not be that. Well their last freshman group, they missed on 4 guys so their season fell apart. Williams did not play like the most talented big man in the country, Johnson was booted mid season, Stewart was OK but he left anyway, and Roach stunk the joint up. While Banchero/Griffin/Keels is a solid trio of talents they did whiff on Baldwin and that was a huge miss because with him duke had a solid front court with Williams/Banchero/Baldwin but their front court depth without Baldwin is just not fearsome.

IN a twist of fate, both UNC and duke got a Marquette transfer, we got Dawson Garcia, anyone know the guy duke got? LOL

Hubert so far has surpassed any expectations I think most UNC fans could have hoped for, his next test is the season and the post season coming, can his teams not just win but win in such a convincing way that opponents fear them. We had kinda lost that, teams were sharpening their knives wanting to take on UNC because we seemed beatable, Hubert looks to me to be putting something together that could once again strike fear in to our opponents and one of those opponents is duke.
I agree with some, disagree with other parts of your essay. Theo John is the Marquette transfer to Dook, and unfortunately he is a dang good get for them.

Reactions: TheGLOV
David you do go when you go........ :cool: o_O
I view dook as having lost what got them to the top of the heep.
They often had a bit of the core you need to win with the 3-4 year kids.
Now they have miraid pieces that sometimes fit and other times not so much, thanks to abandining the above for OAD.

With Texas & Oklahoma looking like they are moving to the SEC, Kansas now seems to be linking up with the Big 10, along with Iowa State.

ACC probably won't be far behind in adding. West Virginia makes sense, maybe Cincinnati also ?

Last edited:
With Texas & Oklahoma looking like they are moving to the SEC, Kansas now seems to be linking up with the Big 10, along with Iowa State.

ACC probably won't be far behind in adding. West Virginia makes sense, maybe Cincinnati also ?
I think the ACC most likely adds, but I'm not a fan of adding either of those two teams. I would prefer to sit and wait for something better, but I understand why the decision makers would feel like they have to add teams. I think it would probably be UCF instead of Cincinnati. My dream (and probably the ACC's as well) would be full time ND and PSU. The chances of that happening are beyond slim though.

ADVERTISEMENT