ADVERTISEMENT

What's Going On With The Competition?

I think the ACC most likely adds, but I'm not a fan of adding either of those two teams. I would prefer to sit and wait for something better, but I understand why the decision makers would feel like they have to add teams. I think it would probably be UCF instead of Cincinnati. My dream (and probably the ACC's as well) would be full time ND and PSU. The chances of that happening are beyond slim though.
I was just spitballin. It will be football motivated for sure. I actually think the ACC should release Notre Dame if they refuse to be full members. If they want all their programs as ACC members, then football needs to be as well.

The market will play a factor as always for the ACC network, ad revenue, etc., maybe even a Philly school like Temple may get a look? UCF or USF are possible ?

If they poach from another Big 5 conference Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland would all be potential targets.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGLOV
I was just spitballin. It will be football motivated for sure. I actually think the ACC should release Notre Dame if they refuse to be full members. If they want all their programs as ACC members, then football needs to be as well.

The market will play a factor as always for the ACC network, ad revenue, etc., maybe even a Philly school like Temple may get a look? UCF or USF are possible ?

If they poach from another Big 5 conference Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland would all be potential targets.

Penn State isn't going anywhere.

If anything, IMO, the Big-Ten would go after Virginia.

Article just said ACC was trying to poach Texas & Oklahoma along with ND. SEC beat them to it, now the rest of the remaing power 4 1/2 may have to join in some fashions to combat it. (32 super conference or something being the end game) ?

Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. "They've been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn't told about it." Move could become official in a week.

Article just said ACC was trying to poach Texas & Oklahoma along with ND. SEC beat them to it, now the rest of the remaing power 4 1/2 may have to join in some fashions to combat it. (32 super conference or something being the end game) ?
Hopefully the ACC is still trying. I don't think Texas is a good fit, but if they move then you want to keep them away from the SEC. ACC is always pitching ND, so that's not really news. The good news is they are contractually obligated to join the ACC if they join a conference. SEC isn't a great fit for them anyways because of their Olympic sports.

THI is happy to annouce a partnership with Openingdaygame.com and Lionel Campbell

Opening Day Game, the ultimate Sports Bars app to help you find some of the best sports bars in the US. They created a list with some of the best sports bars in 1,200 + US cities.

Finding a great sports bar has never been easier.
All you have to do is to select your state and city, then you can see a list with all the sports bars you can visit right away.

If you want that one bar in a given city, then you can check the "Oh That Bar" tab to identify the bar and see where it’s located. Their process of identifying ""Oh That Bar" on an ongoing basis is similar to Oprah's Book of the Month Club.

Fast and easy search.
Since you have a list with all the bars already in their system, you just have to initiate a search and you are good to go. The process is very simple, convenient and it’s designed to offer you a creative and seamless way to enjoy the experience without pushing the boundaries in any way. That really helps a lot, since it puts you in control and it delivers all the results you want in a clever and powerful manner.

You can download the Sports Bars App (Google Play and Apple Store) at the following link: https://www.openingdaygame.com/the-sports-bars-app

If you don't have access to the link, type in "Sports Bars" (Costwatch Group) and the App is listed in the Top 5 for both Google and Apple.

Lionel Campbell has been a member of Rivals since 2006 and is known by the name "Steat" on the Rivals boards. Lionel also owns a financial advisory franchise for a major US brokerage firm with 35M in assets under management.

You can reach Lionel via email at openingdaygame@gmail.com

How Overtime Elite targeting high school stars is a much bigger threat to college basketball than the G League​

Download FREE Sports Bars App that has a list of the best sports bars in 1,200+ cities. Download here: https://www.openingdaygame.com/the-sports-bars-app

NCAA extends investigation into LSU athletics; case involves ‘at least’ 13 men’s basketball recruits​

Thu Aug 19, 2021
The NCAA was scheduled to complete its investigation of alleged violations within the LSU men’s basketball and football programs by July 31, but that deadline has been extended, further stretching an investigation that has lasted roughly three years. The NCAA has investigated alleged recruiting violations under basketball coach Will Wade since 2018. (Baton Rouge Advocate)

And yet again I am confused as to why kids want to head toward a dumpster fire.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Same reason peeps watch videos of train crashes!

I wonder will this fizzle out and end with a whimper!

Reactions: Steat
Over 80 people who paid $12,500 to go to Duke's Coach K Academy were 'likely' exposed to Legionella bacteria

Download FREE Sports Bars App that has a list of the best sports bars in 1,200+ cities. Download here: https://www.openingdaygame.com/the-sports-bars-app

• Haha
Emoni Bates, No. 3 in ESPN 100 for 2021, commits to play for Memphis Tigers men's basketball

Emoni Bates, No. 3 in ESPN 100 for 2021, commits to play for Memphis Tigers men's basketball

Bates and Duran are monsters, but clear 1 and dones. Raw and needing to fill out physically some, but they will each be in contention for the overall #1 pick after their freshman campaign in college.

Memphis will be tough to deal with if they can get these guys to play together and put forth effort! We have to hope we can get to their bench because their starting lineup will be fierce! Of course ours isn't chopped liver!

Anonymous Redditor Flames Zion Williamson With Unconfirmed Report: "Now The Guy Who's Been Fat For His Entire Career Won't Show Up To Any Of The Team's Offseason Workouts."​

A sad commentary on our society. We can’t pay first responders $100K and they’re putting their lives on the line to save our lives. Yet someone who is proficient at playing a game makes 400 times that much. Our priorities are so out of whack.
It may suck, but it has nothing to do with our society or our priorities. It's just the way the market works. I mean, you don't frequent a board that discusses the greatest first responders in the world, do you?

Coach K still doing the recruiting that Scheyer is getting credit for. He's still running things there. They say Scheyer is doing the recruiting, but that's not true. G.G. Taylor who we offered, said Coach K made him the offer when he went to Duke. And other recruits are saying he meets with them when they visit and lets them know he will still be around.

Yup. That is what I expected all the time! ratty has too big an ego to actually let go! He will want to crow that he is the reason puke has cachet. Eventually, he will fade or get exposed to sunlight and disappear, but until then he will lie to recruits about how much he will be there for them like he lies about their recruiting over them/positions/starting!

Reactions: Heels5150
It was only a matter of time before Nike got involved. Huge NIL deal for Oregon athletes.

• Wow
Mr Jordan, paging Mr Jordan, we need some NIL assist please sir, can ya break of a few mil to help your Heels?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT