ADVERTISEMENT

When Is It Too Late To Transfer? And Where Would You Go?

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
Looking at guys like Bolden and Killeya-Jones who rode the bench most of last season. We know that Bolden nearly left but K talked him back. And SKJ looks even farther down the bench at UK.

So the question is, how long can they wait to transfer and only sit out 1 season? If they wait until fall semester starts, for example, do they then have to wait until the end of fall semester the following year?

I'm just asking out of curiosity since I doubt either of them would end up here. Just wondering, for example, when Bamba picks between UK and Duke, whether one of those guys will see the handwriting on the wall and want to cut his losses. Will it be too late? Or is there still plenty of time to "only" lose one year?

The other question I'm curious about is where they will transfer. If you were in their shoes, where would you be looking? Gonzaga seems to do a nice job with transfers. What other schools have that sort of reputation?

Louisville and Kansas seem to attract transfers as well. And at UL they will get a special Hands-on type of treatment that youngsters might enjoy!
Good points about Lvl and KU. And both coaches seem to be able to get a lot out of their players. In addition, Self has patience with slow-developing bigs that sometimes seems similar to Roy's.

Yup. The real part of my post was that I noticed UL and UK or KU (I never remember which is which, lol) seem to do well with transfers. Pitt could sure use some bodies along with Wake and NCSU if they want some real ACC burn!

Yup. The real part of my post was that I noticed UL and UK or KU (I never remember which is which, lol) seem to do well with transfers. Pitt could sure use some bodies along with Wake and NCSU if they want some real ACC burn!
There are 3 KUs or UKs

Kansas U
Kentucky U
Krzyzewski U

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT