ADVERTISEMENT

Zayden High is no longer enrolled at UNC

DaveChapelle

Hall of Famer
Sep 17, 2020
Dunn, Styles, Shaver, Nickel, and now High. Seems like recruits ranked outside the top 50 don't stick around too long under the new coaching regime.

High leaves UNC with arguably the worst foul rate of any player I've seen.

Reactions: RoseHeel
Apparently something off the court. Unfortunately the multiple misses of post players in the off season is even more concerning now that depth takes a hit.

Reactions: gteeitup
People are saying some kind of off court thing they've been dealing with for a while and the result is suspended for the school year and the season

It sucks to lose a player who has a year of experience under his belt
Maybe? If it's PJ Hairston it certainly hurt. When it was Will Graves it didn't matter in the slightest.

I'll hedge and say this only hurts if we have more depth issues with bigs during the season. If the other big men who were ahead of him stay healthy and eligible, we'll be fine.

People are saying some kind of off court thing they've been dealing with for a while and the result is suspended for the school year and the season
And yet other people are saying he'll be back for spring semester classes, while redshirting the full year.

I appreciated his energy and effort last season, despite the freshman mistakes. We knew he had some growing up to do on the court, sounds like that's the case off the court as well.

The way the press release is worded, it sounds like the door is cracked for him to return to the program if he takes the right steps, just not this season.

Reactions: ChapelHeeled
Nothing I saw last year said he was going to contribute big this year, and nothing I read on this board indicated he was going to do very much.

We are a guard heavy team this year, and I know Washington will contribute, but to what level who knows, and hopeful Powell is ready because Washington is a fouling machine.

Withers is the key to this year! He will be an undersized strong arm for us. I think we will be exciting, but how far we go depends on Withers playing as an undersized big.

Best to High, but in the world of NIL if you ain't contributing who cares unfortunately.

Dunn, Styles, Shaver, Nickel, and now High. Seems like recruits ranked outside the top 50 don't stick around too long under the new coaching regime.

High leaves UNC with arguably the worst foul rate of any player I've seen.
Didn't have a thing to do with his ranking. Get a damned clue.

Reactions: Oak ridger
Saw something on X that the plan is for him to enroll back in classes in the spring and he will take a redshirt year this year….

Isaac Schade Posted it…I guess he has a site or YouTube or something…

Don’t know if he is a insider or not…

Reactions: alabamaheel
Saw something on X that the plan is for him to enroll back in classes in the spring and he will take a redshirt year this year….

Isaac Schade Posted it…I guess he has a site or YouTube or something…

Don’t know if he is a insider or not…
I heard this as well. It's possible he could return to class in the spring and the basketball team in the summer. Unless he decides to just transfer next year for a fresh start. I could see Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn in his ear already...

Another "big man" recruit not sticking around. Jalen Washington (DayRon Sharpe excluded) is the sole big-man recruit since Bacot that is sticking.

I heard this as well. It's possible he could return to class in the spring and the basketball team in the summer. Unless he decides to just transfer next year for a fresh start. I could see Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn in his ear already...
People have already been in his ear.

Nothing I saw last year said he was going to contribute big this year, and nothing I read on this board indicated he was going to do very much.

We are a guard heavy team this year, and I know Washington will contribute, but to what level who knows, and hopeful Powell is ready because Washington is a fouling machine.

Withers is the key to this year! He will be an undersized strong arm for us. I think we will be exciting, but how far we go depends on Withers playing as an undersized big.

Best to High, but in the world of NIL if you ain't contributing who cares unfortunately.
His situation has zero to do with basketball. And he was going to contribute --- a LOT.

I understand that there is going to be a lot of speculation and curiosity about Zayden's departure. He was suspended by the school, but not expelled. This means that there is a road back to school and the team if he wants to take that road. Of course, being suspended by the school meant that he was ineligible to play, and he could not go to classes or spend any time with the team. He simply went home. Now, he either has to wait until the spring semester to apply for enrollment or transfer to another program. He would be welcomed back by Hubert and staff. Understand as well, that it was out of the staff's hands.

There are just a few reasons to get dismissed from school. I will list 5 that I am definitely aware of, so, there could be some more, but I don't know of them to date. I logged on to post this in hopes that the rampant speculation that generally will deteriorate into slander, supposition, and outright untruths can be mitigated to a reasonable degree.

I am logging back off and will not respond to any questions or inquiries concerning Mr. High.

Go Heels!

1. Criminal conduct
2. Plagiarism
3. Cheating
4. Violating the schools morals code
5. Honors Court decision

Did this factor into getting the GT guy? Perhaps we knew this was coming and that made us more interested in getting another big?

@andrew jones
I understand that there is going to be a lot of speculation and curiosity about Zayden's departure. He was suspended by the school, but not expelled. This means that there is a road back to school and the team if he wants to take that road. Of course, being suspended by the school meant that he was ineligible to play, and he could not go to classes or spend any time with the team. He simply went home. Now, he either has to wait until the spring semester to apply for enrollment or transfer to another program. He would be welcomed back by Hubert and staff. Understand as well, that it was out of the staff's hands.

There are just a few reasons to get dismissed from school. I will list 5 that I am definitely aware of, so, there could be some more, but I don't know of them to date. I logged on to post this in hopes that the rampant speculation that generally will deteriorate into slander, supposition, and outright untruths can be mitigated to a reasonable degree.

I am logging back off and will not respond to any questions or inquiries concerning Mr. High.

Go Heels!

1. Criminal conduct
2. Plagiarism
3. Cheating
5. Honors Court decision
This seems cut and dry as I’m sure we would’ve seen or heard something of some kind of criminal conduct. Gotta be careful using ChatGPT!

Reactions: ChrisMPA
If it's PJ Hairston it certainly hurt. When it was Will Graves it didn't matter in the slightest.
We had a good year in 2011 without Graves, but he would definitely have been a benefit to the squad. Fine outside shooter, physically strong, good motor, excellent foul shooter, cheerful personality. With Davis and Thompson gone, he could have helped with rebounds, too. He's not going to start ahead of Barnes, of course, but would have gotten plenty of PT.

We lost to UK 76-69 in the Elite Eight (down 2 with a couple minutes to go) and that was with Henson fouled out and Reggie Bullock in civvies with injuries. We'll never know, but Graves would have been a huge help and maybe the difference.

We had a good year in 2011 without Graves, but he would definitely have been a benefit to the squad. Fine outside shooter, physically strong, good motor, excellent foul shooter, cheerful personality. With Davis and Thompson gone, he could have helped with rebounds, too. He's not going to start ahead of Barnes, of course, but would have gotten plenty of PT.

We lost to UK 76-69 in the Elite Eight (down 2 with a couple minutes to go) and that was with Henson fouled out and Reggie Bullock in civvies with injuries. We'll never know, but Graves would have been a huge help and maybe the difference.
I was thinking of 2008-2009 when Graves was suspended. He sat in the stands and watched us cut down the nets.

Honestly, I think we win that 2011 Elite Eight game if Marshall just refrains from taking an ill advised 3 pointer at a crucial moment with a couple minutes left. I think the final score was a result of us having to foul late. The game was back and forth down the stretch. Graves was a knucklehead and not someone I'd ever want on the floor in the closing minutes of a game like that.

Or just don't use it at all
Easier said than done in this day and age, I’m afraid.

EDIT: No, I am not insinuating it’s okay to take advantage of a tool that colleges haven’t figure out how to stop. It’s a talking point to the current Zayden High situation which has many speculating it could be a plagiarism issue. I did not think that would be taken so seriously. 🙄

Last edited:

Go Heels!

1. Criminal conduct
2. Plagiarism
3. Cheating
5. Honors Court decision
Thanks for chiming in ‘75.

I always look forward to your contributions and I am sure there are others on here who agree.

Go Heels!

1. Criminal conduct
2. Plagiarism
3. Cheating
5. Honors Court decision
Speak of the devil and he shows up. Good to see you are still alive 75.

Bit of insomnia tonight so I took a gander over at IC, and I see their premium board is set to Free in an attempt to lure in new subscribers. I assume it's OK to talk about since all their content is currently free, but what an absolute dumpster fire. Nothing but bad news and posters attacking IC. Apparently they knew about the Zayden High situation for a long time, but only chose to mention it like a day before it went public. Subscribers are not happy. The "insiders" were posting positive updates during that short window, which obviously all turned out to be false. Then you have Bossi stopping by with an update that confirms we're highly unlikely to get a single 5 star recruit out of the 2025 class even though we'll have lots of playing time to offer. Coupled with the awful portal recruiting this summer, the subscribers aren't happy. Oh and apparently there's a good chance "Live Action" won't be happening, as the staff is looking for something to replace the season opening event (probably something to raise NIL money.) Their Zayden High thread is full of posts deleted by moderators, along with Ben threatening to ban people. It is beyond hilarious that they think people will read what is currently on that board and want to pay them for further access.

Last edited:
Reactions: gthreadgill7929
Good point. That advice (don't use it at all ) also works for those who are going to post really dumb negative comments on a post board.
What advice did I give that was so negative? These are borderline teenage kids who are taking advantage of a tool that institutions haven’t been able to fully understand how to stop. What part of that was a) advice or b) a dumb speculation of the current landscape of what college is?

Last edited:
Bit of insomnia tonight so I took a gander over at IC, and I see their premium board is set to Free in an attempt to lure in new subscribers. I assume it's OK to talk about since all their content is currently free, but what an absolute dumpster fire. Nothing but bad news and posters attacking IC. Apparently they knew about the Zayden High situation for a long time, but only chose to mention it like a day before it went public. Subscribers are not happy. The "insiders" were posting positive updates during that short window, which obviously all turned out to be false. Then you have Bossi stopping by with an update that confirms we're highly unlikely to get a single 5 star recruit out of the 2025 class even though we'll have lots of playing time to offer. Coupled with the awful portal recruiting this summer, the subscribers aren't happy. Oh and apparently there's a good chance "Live Action" won't be happening, as the staff is looking for something to replace the season opening event (probably something to raise NIL money.) Their Zayden High thread is full of posts deleted by moderators, along with Ben threatening to ban people. It is beyond hilarious that they think people will read what is currently on that board and want to pay them for further access.
That’s why THI is the place to be, man.

Reactions: DaveChapelle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT