ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread (w/ occasional Red Sox talk for Hark)

I’d take him over Harper 1000x’s over.
Really? They are both injury prone but Harper is younger and left handed for yankee stadium.
Giancarlo is wayyyyyyyyy better than Harper.

Keep in mind Stanton hits in one of the toughest parks in all of baseball to hit home runs. He has a legit shot at Bonds' single-season record if he goes to a different team.

Reactions: toophly1124
Giancarlo has played 140+ games in only 3 of 7 full seasons. The talent is there. Durability remains a serious question. It is with Harper as well, but if that's equal, I'll go with the younger player.

Giancarlo has played 140+ games in only 3 of 7 full seasons. The talent is there. Durability remains a serious question. It is with Harper as well, but if that's equal, I'll go with the younger player.
That number would go up if he was on a competitive team, I'll betcha.

Stanton is a talented player no doubt. I would prefer Harper if I were running the Yankees, especially since they could sign him in free agency without having to unload any of their top prospects.

Looks like we’re going to lose Starlin Castro (major sucks bc I loved that guy) but we get to hold on to all of our top prospects which is amazing.

Last edited:
We need to get Christian Yelich on this team. I've always been a big fan of his. An outfield of Yelich, Inciarte and Acuna is how to get this thing kickstarted.

We need to get Christian Yelich on this team. I've always been a big fan of his. An outfield of Yelich, Inciarte and Acuna is how to get this thing kickstarted.

The Braves are one of several teams that are involved with Yelich. I agree that he would be a great addition to the offense.

Phillies trade shortstop Freddie Galvis to San Diego. This move most likely opens a starting spot for top prospect J.P. Crawford

I’m just here to say when the Yankees get Machado (yes when) you’re looking at another 2-3 championships in a short amount of time. Modern day Murder’s Row.

I’m just here to say when the Yankees get Machado (yes when) you’re looking at another 2-3 championships in a short amount of time. Modern day Murder’s Row.

That assumes you'll re-sign Machado considering he only has a year left on his deal.

Going to have to win games 15-13 cuz your rotation b-l-o-w-s. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past them to average 15 runs of offense per game :(

That assumes you'll re-sign Machado considering he only has a year left on his deal.

Going to have to win games 15-13 cuz your rotation b-l-o-w-s. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past them to average 15 runs of offense per game :(
giphy.gif.cf.gif

Wouldn't the Yankees be better off getting more help for the rotation? I don't see the need for Machado. They will score a ton of runs with who they have already.

Wouldn't the Yankees be better off getting more help for the rotation? I don't see the need for Machado. They will score a ton of runs with who they have already.

Rotation is fine. ITs not the best but went that far this year w it. Relax. So no the Yankees wouldn’t be better off.

Machado is the best 3rd baseman in baseball. It’s a no brainer.

Don’t see the need? Lolololol really?

His offense is second to his defensive skills. And that’s saying A LOT.

Last edited:
Rotation is fine. ITs not the best but went that far this year w it. Relax. So no the Yankees wouldn’t be better off.

Machado is the best 3rd baseman in baseball. It’s a no brainer.

Don’t see the need? Lolololol really?

His offense is second to his defensive skills. And that’s saying A LOT.

He would improve their offense, no doubt. I just don't trust anyone they have in the rotation beyond Severino. I'm not a Yankees fan, so I could care less what they do.

He would improve their offense, no doubt. I just don't trust anyone they have in the rotation beyond Severino. I'm not a Yankees fan, so I could care less what they do.

It’s cool. Tanaka is still the ace. Severino, Sonny Gray, J Montgomery will be fine. Still have Garcia and Domingo German too. Also a kick ass bullpen.

Don’t believe us just watch. :)

At this point the Sox need to just punt on the 2018 season, not put any more money on the books for this year, and go all in on the monster FA class next year. Hope that Price opts out after next year to free up an additional 31M/year too.

If we waste money on Hosmer and/or JD Martinez I'm gonna be pissed.

At this point the Sox need to just punt on the 2018 season, not put any more money on the books for this year, and go all in on the monster FA class next year. Hope that Price opts out after next year to free up an additional 31M/year too.

If we waste money on Hosmer and/or JD Martinez I'm gonna be pissed.

I think the Sox end up with at least one of Hosmer or JD. Dombrowski has to be feeling some pressure to do something big after the Stanton deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT