ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread (w/ occasional Red Sox talk for Hark)

I read a few days ago that the investigation found that Hart wasn't involved, but now there's rumors that he won't be back next year so who knows. I'm hoping the penalties will result in fines and lost future draft picks without having to lose any of the current players from the farm system.
Hart shouldn't be back. How could the President of Baseball Operations be so in the dark about what's going on...in baseball operations? Dude needs to be shown the door. No excuses for him not knowing anything and not doing anything about it before it got to this point.

Hart shouldn't be back. How could the President of Baseball Operations be so in the dark about what's going on...in baseball operations? Dude needs to be shown the door. No excuses for him not knowing anything and not doing anything about it before it got to this point.

I agree. Coppolella may have been the master mind behind all of this, but Hart should have known about it even if he wasn't directly involved.

I'm glad the Astros won the WS so that now clueless media can stop saying "the Braves are following the Astros model! Be patient!"

No. The Astros actually acquired world class talent such as Springer, Altuve, and Correa. The Braves have................................ (not world class) Swanson. And that's it.

No. The Astros actually acquired world class talent such as Springer, Altuve, and Correa. The Braves have................................ (not world class) Swanson. And that's it.
I don't really think that's a fair thing to say, honestly. I think Albies is the real deal, and if Acuna is everything he looks to be, then that will be huge. Then there's Freddie Freeman, and yeah, I know he's been around a while now, but it doesn't look like he's slowing down anytime soon. He still gets better every year. So there's three guys right there. As for pitching, I like Fried and I like Gohara. I'll admit Folty is still a huge question mark, but some pitchers take more time than others. Hell, even Julio is only 26. We have a pretty solid core. I don't think the Astros comparison is that far off. Not quite the same, but not too far off.

Alright, I'm gonna use this thread to vent about the Braves once more. It's been over a month since the announcement of what's been going on and the resignation of John Copolella. Since then, there has been no formal statement from the Braves regarding anything. No plan on what to do next, what they're going to do to make sure this doesn't happen again, no apology to the fans or anyone for the ton of embarrassment this organization has caused, no nothing. Just silence and a lot of "no comment" from the top executives. My opinion of the Braves dwindles with every passing moment. This has been an organization that has always taken tremendous pride on how they operate, and this is how they handle this? It's completely unacceptable and it pisses me off as a fan who has supported this organization my entire life.

Carry on.

Well, we hired a GM and our likely new head of baseball operations. I can't pronounce or spell his name, but from what I've read, sounds like a good hire.

Alex Anthopoulos (An-THOP-uh-luss).

Just heard his interview on the radio. He sounds confident, competent, and excited to start. Describes himself as "creative and resourceful."

Alex Anthopoulos (An-THOP-uh-luss).

Just heard his interview on the radio. He sounds confident, competent, and excited to start. Describes himself as "creative and resourceful."
Good. It's nice to finally have someone who has been there, done that and actually gives a damn to know about, you know, the stuff he's responsible for overseeing (f***ing John Hart). Anyway, need to find a link to the presser. Gonna listen to it on my may home from work.

Good. It's nice to finally have someone who has been there, done that and actually gives a damn to know about, you know, the stuff he's responsible for overseeing (f***ing John Hart). Anyway, need to find a link to the presser. Gonna listen to it on my may home from work.
Won't be up til later tonight probably, but www.680thefan.com will have a recording of it at some point tonight.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
There are reports that the Braves also interviewed former Cubs GM Jim Hendry and former Angels GM Tony Reagins before hiring Anthopolous. I think they made a good decision. He has experience in the front office with both the Dodgers and Blue Jays.

I love how, in his statement, he offered no apology for basically not giving a damn about anything going on underneath him, and instead, just thanked everyone.

"Yeah, I came in and allowed everyone I was supposed to supervise f**k up and embarrass this organization, but thanks for bringing me in, guys! Go Braves!"

That was pretty much his statement.

Early word is Braves will lose 12 recent international free agent signings with restrictions on international free agency through 2021, possibly among further punishment not yet announced.

F you Hart and Coppy. Go to hell.

Early word is Braves will lose 12 recent international free agent signings with restrictions on international free agency through 2021, possibly among further punishment not yet announced.

F you Hart and Coppy. Go to hell.

Are they losing Maitan?

MLB hit the Braves hard. At least they still have Acuna and other promising prospects. And with Cop and Hart both gone, they can start fresh.

At least they know what the sanctions are now and can move on and deal with it.

Angels sign minor league prospect Kevin Maitan, who was one of the prospects the Braves lost due to the John Coppolella BS.

Aaron Boone is the new manager of the Yankees. Old news, but didn't see it on here yet.

I feel like Girardi would have had a great season again in 2018. The talent coming up is unbelievable. That said, I love Boonie. He ****ed the Red Sox and it’s written in history. He’s a guys guy. Yankees about to restart the dynasty. Maaaaan I’m telling you. Gleyber Torres is gonna knock your ****ing socks off.

I feel like Girardi would have had a great season again in 2018. The talent coming up is unbelievable. That said, I love Boonie. He ****ed the Red Sox and it’s written in history. He’s a guys guy. Yankees about to restart the dynasty. Maaaaan I’m telling you. Gleyber Torres is gonna knock your ****ing socks off.

The Yankees are loaded for sure, and they could get Harper next year.

Reactions: toophly1124
Stanton lists the Yankees as one of the teams that he would accept a trade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT