ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina @ GT gamethread

If Sam doesn’t get hurt tonight it will be a miracle
Even the announcers are talking about how G.T.’s defensive game plan is to hit Sam as often as possible, legally. He has to count to three and throw it, even if only out of bounds. And we need our running game back from wherever it went.
I think I might have to turn this off. No reason to watch us get destroyed by GT.
I suggested watching a movie. My wife refuses; she always watches to the bitter end. This is painful.

Dre Bly is clearly nowhere near as good of a coach as he was a player. Our coverage is fukkin dog shit.

Reactions: strummingram
maybe this embarrassing effort on D will force us to play all those young supposedly high-ranked dudes
Ain't no supposedly about it. RaRa and Power shined when they got a chance and Ritzie has made multiple tackles when put in. Like Jerry Seinfeld said, if every instinct you have is wrong, the opposite would have to be right. Play the young dudes.

Dre Bly is clearly nowhere near as good of a coach as he was a player. Our coverage is fukkin dog shit.
It's part of this whole Mack Brown illusion of "when we were good 25 years ago."

He's recruited well, but... it's been a waste. He's in his twilight, enjoying the scenery- whatever happens, happens. His coaching staff is crap and it shows. This is embarrassing. It will continue to regress.

Reactions: uncfanatic
We're a victim of reading our own press clippings. Team punches us in the mouth, we punk up.

maybe this embarrassing effort on D will force us to play all those young supposedly high-ranked dudes
Supposedly. And, the defensive staff is coaching them. They're not good coaches. They will start losing new recruits with shitty performances like this. They were 12 point favorites and they're getting their asses kicked.

I think at the end of the season it may be time to take a long look at whether Bateman is the answer at DC or not. This one tough to take. Collins inherited and awful GT squad three years ago. UNC wasn't great when Mack came in, but had much better talent than GT. And have recruited far better than GT since. But getting physically punched in the mouth by them tonight.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I think at the end of the season it may be time to take a long look at whether Bateman is the answer at DC or not. This one tough to take. Collins inherited and awful GT squad three years ago. UNC wasn't great when Mack came in, but had much better talent than GT. And have recruited far better than GT since. But getting physically punched in the mouth by them tonight.
Not just Bateman. There is sub-par coaching staff all over the place.

Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
We'll get a stop, cut it to one score, then choke on the last drive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT