ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina @ GT gamethread

I love watching morons celebrate a hit when the team is down by two scores...

This is the other reason you go for two there. Even if they make the FG, it's still a two score game.

This is the other reason you go for two there. Even if they make the FG, it's still a two score game.
Yeah but if we hold them it’s not even a thought. The logic doesn’t work at this juncture. Giving up any points is almost nail in our coffin.

The two Howell turnovers deep in their territory which gave Tech short fields to work with and not being able to get one yard on three attempts which lead to another short field were the turning points

Reactions: blazers
Yeah but if we hold them it’s not even a thought. The logic doesn’t work at this juncture. Giving up any points is almost nail in our coffin.

It's just a game theory thing. If you like your chances of converting on a 2pt conversion then the odds should be in your favor to at least make one of two attempts. But if you get the first one then you get a small marginal advantage over just taking the PAT. And if you miss the first one then you still have another chance to get back on schedule by making the second one.

If it comes down to it, when down 6 you could kick a FG and go for an onside kick instead of having to take a desperate heave at the end zone on a long 4th and goal or something like that. But also you can just straight up win the game should you get the TD's. It's small probabilities for those situations happening though.

I'm not sure how Sam could still be a lock for a high first round pick at this point.

It's just a game theory thing. If you like your chances of converting on a 2pt conversion then the odds should be in your favor to at least make one of two attempts. But if you get the first one then you get a small marginal advantage over just taking the PAT. And if you miss the first one then you still have another chance to get back on schedule by making the second one.

If it comes down to it, when down 6 you could kick a FG and go for an onside kick instead of having to take a desperate heave at the end zone on a long 4th and goal or something like that. But also you can just straight up win the game should you get the TD's. It's small probabilities for those situations happening though.
Not sure this staff has the brain capacity to put that much thought process into it. Doesn’t matter now though

Ok after this crap show I say play the young guys to see what we have to work with for the future. Hope it’s more than what I’ve witnessed tonight. Lord have mercy.

I know Sam has had a rough night but my goodness he has to have time to throw so he’s not having to run so much.
BTW 8 sacks and probably more TFL.

sorry, but the fact that sam is even in the game is a disgrace…he was not winning the heisman even before uva.

bowl game aspiring

I don't follow the NFL draft predictions, don't really care about pro football. But I can't imagine how Sam wouldn't be sliding down the mock draft boards every week at this point.

I get it... the o-line is terrible. But even good blocking in the NFL doesn't buy you much more time than he gets here. The game is so much faster at that level, and a QB who holds on to the ball will get killed.

I love mack and glad he loves being at NC but not sure this is working. Like some have said he seems to be just happy no matter how things turn out (wins or losses) but as a fan I am tired of losing. So do something about it mack. Seems like that fire has gone. Maybe he is happy with being ahead of schedule as far as turning the program but this tonight was a joke. Bring someone in to light a fire under everyone’s arse. Hope I am wrong but too much so called talent to look like this mess.

I don't follow the NFL draft predictions, don't really care about pro football. But I can't imagine how Sam wouldn't be sliding down the mock draft boards every week at this point.

I get it... the o-line is terrible. But even good blocking in the NFL doesn't buy you much more time than he gets here. The game is so much faster at that level, and a QB who holds on to the ball will get killed.
Last I saw out of the first round. At this pace he may be back next year.

Just like Va tech.... BUT WORSE!!! Poor preparation lack of focus and attention to detail, poor line play, mistakes, penalties, Turnovers , you name it Just an absolutely pathetic game. Deserved to lose to a MEDIOCRE team

I will be pulling for us in every game but I hope we don’t find a way to lose to dook and moou. There’s goes any chance of winning the coastal though.

Last I saw out of the first round. At this pace he may be back next year.

I think that’s a very real possibility at this point. But on the other hand there’s no way he makes it through another full season of getting abused like this so he may just have to take the money and run instead of risking it another year to try and move back up.

We’re starting to look like a Miami team. Tons of talent but still can’t win anything. At this point the coastal is almost certainly out of reach. If I’m Mack, I’m calling up potential OC candidates on the ride back to chapel hill. But I have a feeling Longo and Bateman will both be back next year.

I love mack and glad he loves being at NC but not sure this is working. Like some have said he seems to be just happy no matter how things turn out (wins or losses) but as a fan I am tired of losing. So do something about it mack. Seems like that fire has gone. Maybe he is happy with being ahead of schedule as far as turning the program but this tonight was a joke. Bring someone in to light a fire under everyone’s arse. Hope I am wrong but too much so called talent to look like this mess.
It was a band-aid, a token hire. He can recruit, but... big deal. Performances like this are proof that the team is never going to be great with him at the helm. His assistants are awful. Supposedly, Carolina is loaded with talent. Imagine having so much talent and getting your ass kicked like tonight? And, always being flat on opening day of the season.

Last year's Orange Bowl was due, in part, to the Covid situation.

And, I still say that UNC lost a TON of important skill players (the guys who quit on the team for the Orange Bowl and Dazz Newsome), and those shoes are big ones!

They're also going to get Sam killed with these QB run plays!

I think at the end of the season it may be time to take a long look at whether Bateman is the answer at DC or not. This one tough to take. Collins inherited and awful GT squad three years ago. UNC wasn't great when Mack came in, but had much better talent than GT. And have recruited far better than GT since. But getting physically punched in the mouth by them tonight.

Both coordinators and OL coach should be looked at. You're right - it's not the talent. We've lost two very winnable games and Bateman, Longo and Searels share most of the blame.

Reactions: midline
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT