ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Duke game thread

Fedora isn't going anywhere. He can't win really big games. Can't win prime-time games. Can't win games against decent OOC teams. Can't win bowl games. And, as always, the UNC defense is horrible.

Reactions: yrusonvus
I just new them fgs. would cost us the game.
They were going to let us run the ball up the middle
But are ****ing coach is inpatient two go on a 14 or 15 play drive.

And dozens of dook fans storm the field.

I hope every one of the players and coaches chew on this one for a long time. Take for granted any team and you get beat.

Sorry, but I am NOT impressed with Chizik at all. Yes the defense is better than last year, but after the way they have played the last few games you would think they would be ready to play against one of our biggest rivals.

Can't fully describe how disappointed I am at this performance.

i'm done...see ya next year.

To be honest I watch periodically now, use to really change my plans to watch all games, I feel better now not invested in it, only watched the second half tonight...
Man my family use to get on my butt about missing important stuff, not anymore...

Reactions: UNC71-00
And folks wonder why it's hard for UNC supporters to get behind the football program?!?! Nights like tonight are reminders of why I never get too "high" when the football teams appears to be going places. It never fails. And how are we this bad at stopping the run on defense? Simply not acceptable. Our play calling on O was equally as mind boggling at certain points. We were outcoached across the board, beat with effort and desire. Piss poor bullshit performance by a decent football team.

I'm officially ready for him to be canned.

I was ready for him to be canned as soon as he was hired. I have some buddies who are Auburn alum and they can't stand him. They thought he was terrible even when he was winning.

Agree. Fedora is a decent coach, decent recruiter and will achieve decent results. Win 8 or so games in most years and play in one of the many worthless bowl games that nobody cares about every year. It is what it is.

I was ready for him to be canned as soon as he was hired. I have some buddies who are Auburn alum and they can't stand him. They thought he was terrible even when he was winning.
He's showing why he was given walking papers there. Truth be told, without Cam Newton, he's never heard from again.

To be honest I watch periodically now, use to really change my plans to watch all games, I feel better now not invested in it, only watched the second half tonight...
Man my family use to get on my butt about missing important stuff, not anymore...
I need to head that way took vacation day to watch this no effort out coached team. Wife says I need to stop watching them I get to invested bad for my Heath.

For what it's worth, I don't think we can blame Chizik for most of what we see on defense. He inherited the absolute worst power 5 defense by a long shot. We improved significantly in year 1. We've plateaued a bit this year but still head and shoulders above where we were before he came. He hasn't had the benefit of building a D with his recruits. Our defensive line is below average. Secondary is mediocre. Linebackers aren't fundamentally sound. Overall just a shitty performance. Players, coaches, water boys, etc. not sure anybody in a UNC gear on that sideline deserves a pat on the back.

I have to say that the defense was just not very good... where was the adjustment on this QB?? pressure ?? They made him look like Lamar Jackson as he ran and ran and ran around the end all night long. No real pressure on this guy and it showed..... long ball after long ball Ever heard of a blitz?? Very disappointed and the coaches have to take a major share of the blame IMO
]
BTW that #26 for dook is royal jackass.. just a typical dochebag dookie he did everthing but slap the floor at HIS .What a jerk... does he play for vader too??

For what it's worth, I don't think we can blame Chizik for most of what we see on defense. He inherited the absolute worst power 5 defense by a long shot. We improved significantly in year 1. We've plateaued a bit this year but still head and shoulders above where we were before he came. He hasn't had the benefit of building a D with his recruits. Our defensive line is below average. Secondary is mediocre. Linebackers aren't fundamentally sound. Overall just a shitty performance. Players, coaches, water boys, etc. not sure anybody in a UNC gear on that sideline deserves a pat on the back.
Head and shoulders above? No... we're not. Our defense is always a liability. It's a liability every, single, game we play. This defense let James Madison score 28 points. That's unacceptable.

And, as bad as the defense was; The offense- besides the 1st quarter- was awful. Aside from the 1st quarter, they scored 6 points. Trubisky looked average today. 2 INT's in one game. One of the INT's was a total WTF/brain-fart at the absolute worst possible time.

Chizik can't be blamed for not having top notch players, but he most certainly CAN be blamed for poor planning and for not making adjustments.

As for offense, it, too, looked like someone forgot how to coach. I get that Hood got winded, but we ran it up the middle with a lot of success and almost nothing worked going outside. Mitch could've baked a cake in the first quarter in the pocket and then we slowed it down and dook made adjustments. We never did.

And I guess our guys just thought they would walk in and dook would roll over. Sorry, that, too, can be laid at the coaches' feet. How do you not get the team up for a prime time game against dook?

Yeah, the offense wasn't great. This staff is never going to use Hood the way they should though. I've given up on that. Still, running plays with the potential to lose yardage when they aren't necessary to your success is inexcusable.

Reactions: geo1464
We use Hood like he's an expensive car sitting in the garage that gets about 200 miles per year.

Hats off to Dook &Cut tho- they game planned us perfectly.

Stun, I'm just as pissed about the game tonight but factually speaking, we are head and shoulders above where we were. Are we where we should be? Hell no. I still consider our defense to be not very good. However, Chiz inherited a D that was the worst power 5 defense in the country and ranked between 110-120 out of 132 teams in most every defensive statistic and now has us in the 50ish range. We are still among the worst rush defenses in the country but overall, statistics support improvement.

The lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball
Were pathetic tonight.

I think that's my problem, I'm too invested, way too invested in Carolina sports. I'm so gd pissed right now, perhaps I should fall back a little for peace of mind.

Stun, I'm just as pissed about the game tonight but factually speaking, we are head and shoulders above where we were. Are we where we should be? Hell no. I still consider our defense to be not very good. However, Chiz inherited a D that was the worst power 5 defense in the country and ranked between 110-120 out of 132 teams in most every defensive statistic and now has us in the 50ish range. We are still among the worst rush defenses in the country but overall, statistics support improvement.

The lack of adjustments on both sides of the ball
Were pathetic tonight.
Okay. I will give you that it is better than it was when he got here. But, it was the absolute worst when he got here. There was nowhere to go but up. I'm still unimpressed and don't expect much better. Our defense is almost always the reason we lose every game we lose.

I used to be that way about basketball. Football, too, to a lesser extent when Mack Brown was coach. Now, I barely watch any games live. Between watching my kid play football on Friday nights in the fall and 2-3 baseball games per week in the spring, I don't have a lot of free time to get everything done I need to do, so sports watching comes after everything else. I can't say I miss a lot of it, though. Tonight is the first game I have watched live since the Georgia game. Every other game has been recorded and I watched later. Kinda wish I had done that tonight!

"Holding" dook to 28 points should have been good enough for a victory. I'm just not sure where Mitch was throwing that last pass.

Every damn time we make a move up inside the top 20 we wreck it with a bad loss ..VT by a large margin loss and now dook by losing to a bad team. We probably won't sniff inside the top 20 again this year unless we win out and win a mid to low tier bowl against an opponent who is usually relevant. I'm worried about moo and The Citadel closing out if we perform like this again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT