ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson at Carolina game thread—-Saturday 11 February 2023

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Every game from now on is like the season saving game at Duke last year where the Tar Heels were on the bubble and needed a victory in Durham in front of a ton of Alumni and other Cameron crazies to get into the dance.

No holding back it is put up or shut up time for the home team and right now this is this most IMPORTANT game of the year.

Clemson which has been on top of the ACC most of the season is not a automatic win at home like it use to be as they bring in a veteran time of three seniors , a junior and a sophomore and all of the upperclassmen are averaging scoring in double digits with forward Hunter Tyson leading the way at 16.1 and center PJ Hall close behind at 14.3. Chase Hunter helps with 14.1 average and Brevin Galloway at guard rounds out the double digit scorers at 10.

The Tigers front line goes 6’10 by Hall, Tyson at 6’8, at sophomore Ian Schieffelin at 6’7 which might make Carolina go small more than we are use to seeing with Puff and Nickel playing extended minutes instead of Nance.

Assuming Black is going to get the assignment of holding Tyson I would expect Nance to open up on Hall. I would rather Nance be on him than Bacot because unlike last game Carolina cannot afford to have Mando get into serious foul trouble.

On offense Black and Nance must try and score meaning to drive some instead of settling only for corner threes. Love and Davis must also go the basket hard either scoring or getting fouled.

Defense is the key to this contest and hopefully Carolina will use the full court press to rattle the Tigers which also hopefully will lead to a basket 🧺 full of turnovers and easy scores.

There is NO tomorrow, today MUST be the day that the team takes no prisoners and puts everybody else in the ACC on notice that the team is not dead yet…

Haven't been a real believer in this team since the 4 straight losses, but I think we get a rejuvenated UNC team today.

Reactions: Heels5150
Every game from now on is like the season saving game at Duke last year where the Tar Heels were on the bubble and needed a victory in Durham in front of a ton of Alumni and other Cameron crazies to get into the dance.

No holding back it is put up or shut up time for the home team and right now this is this most IMPORTANT game of the year.

Clemson which has been on top of the ACC most of the season is not a automatic win at home like it use to be as they bring in a veteran time of three seniors , a junior and a sophomore and all of the upperclassmen are averaging scoring in double digits with forward Hunter Tyson leading the way at 16.1 and center PJ Hall close behind at 14.3. Chase Hunter helps with 14.1 average and Brevin Galloway at guard rounds out the double digit scorers at 10.

The Tigers front line goes 6’10 by Hall, Tyson at 6’8, at sophomore Ian Schieffelin at 6’7 which might make Carolina go small more than we are use to seeing with Puff and Nickel playing extended minutes instead of Nance.

Assuming Black is going to get the assignment of holding Tyson I would expect Nance to open up on Hall. I would rather Nance be on him than Bacot because unlike last game Carolina cannot afford to have Mando get into serious foul trouble.

On offense Black and Nance must try and score meaning to drive some instead of settling only for corner threes. Love and Davis must also go the basket hard either scoring or getting fouled.

Defense is the key to this contest and hopefully Carolina will use the full court press to rattle the Tigers which also hopefully will lead to a basket 🧺 full of turnovers and easy scores.

There is NO tomorrow, today MUST be the day that the team takes no prisoners and puts everybody else in the ACC on notice that the team is not dead yet…
Simply put, this game vs Clemson is a heart and soul check. WE will see if this team has heart, we will see how much they care, one way or the other, today it is all on the line. They will either stand up or lay down, I think they will stand up but we will just have to watch and see.

Reactions: Heels5150
Dunn nice shake and Bake driving layup and then Dunn finds Washington for a flush but Hemingway a jumper followed by a Love BOOM 19-17

Davis fouled by Hall misses the first but hits the second 23-19. Trimble in giving Love a break. Black blocks a shot by Tyson but then his layup attempt is put into the expensive seats. Good to see Washington and Dunn get extended minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT