ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Hubert

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t ever want to be the coach following a legend, but HD was never going to be the guy to elevate Carolina back to dominance. Like I said when he was hired, I’m afraid we pulled an IU and UConn with this decision and now we will suffer watching it unfold.

giphy.gif

Oh, NO! Fire Hubert after getting blown-out by the #1 team in the ACC!

queen-of-hearts-alice-in-wonderland.gif

Reactions: clarks4life
Should we be surprised that a man with 16 games experience got out-coached by a 40 year veteran with nearly 700 wins? I'm not saying Hubert is the right guy, but c'mon, we have to give him a chance to learn and grow. Not to mention that he's stuck with some guys that don't appear to give a shit the minute they face some adversity.

Should we be surprised that a man with 16 games experience got out-coached by a 40 year veteran with nearly 700 wins? I'm not saying Hubert is the right guy, but c'mon, we have to give him a chance to learn and grow. Not to mention that he's stuck with some guys that don't appear to give a shit the minute they face some adversity.
I sure as hell wouldn't wanna coach any team that these guys pull for. The fans are more entitled than the players ever hope to be.

giphy.gif

Oh, NO! Fire Hubert after getting blown-out by the #1 team in the ACC!

queen-of-hearts-alice-in-wonderland.gif
3 blow out losses halfway through the season.

0-4 against teams who are currently considered NCAA tournament teams, with an average margin of loss of 20 points.

And you spend your time attacking and trolling fans who are concerned by how terrible the coaching has been.

If you're trying to ride the tour de france with training wheels, you probably shouldn't be there in the first place.

UNC should be your last job, not your first.

3 blow out losses halfway through the season.

0-4 against teams who are currently considered NCAA tournament teams, with an average margin of loss of 20 points.

And you spend your time attacking and trolling fans who are concerned by how terrible the coaching has been.
Oh, NO!!! A pox upon me!

If you're trying to ride the tour de france with training wheels, you probably shouldn't be there in the first place.

UNC should be your last job, not your first.
You never see that happen, especially at Carolina...

b72fe18bf496c5c325a5bdfd03a6fa94.jpg

While I agree, unfortunately that's not the decision the PTB (and Roy) made for us fans. So, at this point I hope Hubert learns and grows really quickly. If not, this will probably be not only his FIRST job, but his LAST as well.
Roy Williams saw something in the guy that none of us have any way of seeing. So, I suppose we will have to learn how to live with it.

It's not fun to lose... and, it really sucks to lose by 30! But, given all of the circumstances, it's not THAT BAD, in my opinion. Most of these cry babies have conniption fits after ANY loss. I didn't expect the record to be as good as it is, at this point. I knew Miami was good, and they played like the #1 team in the conference.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
IDK how much Hubert pays you to be his personal knight on this board, but whatever the amount is he's clearly getting ripped off.
ANy advice on how I can do it better? I want to make sure he's getting his money's wor... wait a minute. He ain't paying me squat. You guys take this stuff WAY TOO seriously!

we are half way through year 1 with hubert and we already have folks aimlessly defending him. he’s sucked so far this year. absolutely sucked. call it like it is. say he deserves at least a few years. i agree. but call it what it is at this point. we can talk about effort, toughness, etc but there’s no hiding from the fact that there’s a lot of talent on this team and there’s plenty of coaches that consistently do a lot more with a lot less than Hubert has. he hasn’t developed a bench. he wasted tons of minutes on stinky black early in the year rather than see what Styles and Dunn could do, and now has slashed his minutes realizing how inept he is offensively for us when we need to score, because lord knows our team defense is trash. Dunn will
hit the transfer portal and end up out west. I don’t blame him. Hubert just truly has no grip on this team and the inconsistency at this point doesn’t bode well for any hope that it will improve. we haven’t beaten anybody worth a damn. 0-4 against projected tourney teams with 4 ass whippings. this is a joke. but hey at least we hired a minority since that was important to Roy. the token hire is more offensive than actually calling it like it is. and yes i can say that because im black.

Roy Williams saw something in the guy that none of us have any way of seeing. So, I suppose we will have to learn how to live with it.

It's not fun to lose... and, it really sucks to lose by 30! But, given all of the circumstances, it's not THAT BAD, in my opinion. Most of these cry babies have conniption fits after ANY loss. I didn't expect the record to be as good as it is, at this point. I knew Miami was good, and they played like the #1 team in the conference.

it isn’t that bad? this is UNC. we have top 10 talent by almost any measure. we have gotten absolutely embarrassed by the good teams we have played. we have struggled to blow out lower tier teams in non conference play. by any measure, this team has underperformed and it starts at the top. it’s embarrassing

Reactions: Old_School59
I'm sure a grown ass man doesn't need you to shill on his behalf. Especially for free. Then again given what he's shown so far, maybe he does.

at this rate Hubert is going to need any and all support he can muster. the boo birds will be out before end of year 1. not a good sign when you’ll have less talent in year 2.

it isn’t that bad? this is UNC. we have top 10 talent by almost any measure. we have gotten absolutely embarrassed by the good teams we have played. we have struggled to blow out lower tier teams in non conference play. by any measure, this team has underperformed and it starts at the top. it’s embarrassing
Well, "We" in all of your comments is a little misleading. YOU and I are just fans. You don't play, I don't play. You don't coach and I don't coach. Everyone here are just spectators. They just reentered the top 25 before tonight. I do agree that the losses have been really bad. But, I expected much worse from a brand new coach/staff. Especially given that HD has never coached a team before. I guess I'm just easier to please. So, there again, the "we" part is misleading! They don't have to be undefeated for me to enjoy them.

I'm sure a grown ass man doesn't need you to shill on his behalf. Especially for free. Then again given what he's shown so far, maybe he does.
Make up your mind and get back to me. And, get an avatar, too. You're paying for this membership. Show a little effort.

we are half way through year 1 with hubert and we already have folks aimlessly defending him. he’s sucked so far this year. absolutely sucked. call it like it is. say he deserves at least a few years. i agree. but call it what it is at this point. we can talk about effort, toughness, etc but there’s no hiding from the fact that there’s a lot of talent on this team and there’s plenty of coaches that consistently do a lot more with a lot less than Hubert has. he hasn’t developed a bench. he wasted tons of minutes on stinky black early in the year rather than see what Styles and Dunn could do, and now has slashed his minutes realizing how inept he is offensively for us when we need to score, because lord knows our team defense is trash. Dunn will
hit the transfer portal and end up out west. I don’t blame him. Hubert just truly has no grip on this team and the inconsistency at this point doesn’t bode well for any hope that it will improve. we haven’t beaten anybody worth a damn. 0-4 against projected tourney teams with 4 ass whippings. this is a joke. but hey at least we hired a minority since that was important to Roy. the token hire is more offensive than actually calling it like it is. and yes i can say that because im black.
The real problem is this team has no real point guard on the roster.. Davis and Love were a combined 5-22 with 3 assists and 6 turnovers.. both dribble too much and neither can get to or finish at the rim consistently or set their teammates up for easy scores. You can have all the talent you want but without a floor general you aren’t going to be that successful

Reactions: Jafo4444
You learn and grow somewhere else......not here. This was a HUGE mistake.

Well, "We" in all of your comments is a little misleading. YOU and I are just fans. You don't play, I don't play. You don't coach and I don't coach. Everyone here are just spectators. They just reentered the top 25 before tonight. I do agree that the losses have been really bad. But, I expected much worse from a brand new coach/staff. Especially given that HD has never coached a team before. I guess I'm just easier to please. So, there again, the "we" part is misleading! They don't have to be undefeated for me to enjoy them.

fair enough. but the problem for me lies in the fact that this or even worse would be acceptable in year 1 at unc with this much talent. the minute we start accepting this as OK is the minute we are smack dab in the middle of mediocre. the more i think about it, maybe we are already there. i’ve seen way too many unc teams before this one and stuff like this was rare (blowout losses). we were the measuring stick. now i just wish we could guard a damn stick.

fair enough. but the problem for me lies in the fact that this or even worse would be acceptable in year 1 at unc with this much talent. the minute we start accepting this as OK is the minute we are smack dab in the middle of mediocre. the more i think about it, maybe we are already there. i’ve seen way too many unc teams before
I don't like it when they lose. I am willing to bet my balls that Hubert Davis and the coaches and the players hate it far more than fans. So, no one is really "accepting" it. It's halfway through the first season of a brand new coach/staff.

If Hubert Davis shows that he's not capable of doing the job, then he should be replaced. I don't think anyone is able to determine that, at this point. When they lose, he seems more lost. But, they are winning more than they're losing. And, like it or not, Davis is going to have to learn ON THE JOB. So, eah person has a choice of whether or not to be supportive during the time he's coach, or to pile-on after every loss that he needs to be fired. The latter seems like a pretty sad choice, to me.

Hubert wasn't at the top of my list either, but he's who we got so I'm pulling for him to succeed. And if he gets canned, we'll end up with Wes after all.
I wouldn't bet too many chips that Wes Miller comes if Davis falters.

My biggest concern about Davis is the way he sounds after these demoralizing losses. I just don't know if he's equipped to do this job. It's difficult to even know. I'm about as far from an expert on knowing what makes a good coach. It is also disconcerting when fans bail on the guy after EVERY loss!

Reactions: keysersosay#1
I don’t understand why people think this team has a lot of talent ? At times they shoot the ball well but tonight they shoot 33%. I don’t see many nba players on this team.. maybe love but I don’t know what position he plays cause he’s not a point guard and no where close to cole or coby.. Bacot is solid but plays under the rim for the most part.. Manek shoots 3’s but that’s about it.. Garcia is softer than charmin and can’t do anything in the paint.. no need to go any further

Reactions: IDUNK4HEELS
One point I will disagree with you is the top 10 talent by any measure. We were not close to any top 10 ranking across the board preseason. I agree we can get there, but I can't find a single measure let alone almost any that felt that coming into this year with this squad.

Last edited:
Reactions: IDUNK4HEELS
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT