ADVERTISEMENT

Grayson Allen - Oops I've Done It Again(Suspended indefinitely)

Here are Dook's next games. Pick the one you expect to see Trip's return. (* = away)

• Virginia Tech*

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Georgia Tech

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Boston College

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Florida State*

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Louisville*

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Miami

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • NC State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wake Forest*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Notre Dame*

• He's gone for good.

• Total voters
Butt, if I change my prediction to 12 games and I'm correct, would you agree to not post until next fall? :)

Sure,but thats risking a lot for me, so I need the pot sweetened a bit. Should you be wrong, Id like you to end every post from now until the end of hoop season with the hashtag-#butterbutt4life.

Agree to these terms and we have a bet.

Sure,but thats risking a lot for me, so I need the pot sweetened a bit. Should you be wrong, Id like you to end every post from now until the end of hoop season with the hashtag-#butterbutt4life.

Agree to these terms and we have a bet.
I will never bet on posting or not posting on the board. A Mod threaten to ban me once for ranting about PJ Hairston. I thought about what he said and decided to reform quickly. Don't play around with a Mod when they say you will banned and you don't stop the questioned behavior...:). The thought of me not being able to post for any period would be too painful. Thus, lets see what happens on the 10 games. No need to go back and forth on it. Lets agree to disagree and let this play out. We will know soon.

I will never bet on posting or not posting on the board. A Mod threaten to ban me once for ranting about PJ Hairston. I thought about what he said and decided to reform quickly. Don't play around with a Mod when they say you will banned and you don't stop the questioned behavior...:). The thought of me not being able to post for any period would be too painful. Thus, lets see what happens on the 10 games. No need to go back and forth on it. Lets agree to disagree and let this play out. We will know soon.
Oh I could care less either way how long the kid is suspended for. I was just having some fun with a potential bet. All good.

Carolina is dealing with a serious (albeit ridiculous) NCAA issue yet Grayson Allen's nonsense has garnered just as many pages as the NCAA thread.

Interesting
Come on TRU, you can't be that stupid and you do realize where you are posting, right? Don't patronize us with your sanctimonious attitude until you clean up your own cesspool of a fan message board.

Carolina is dealing with a serious (albeit ridiculous) NCAA issue yet Grayson Allen's nonsense has garnered just as many pages as the NCAA thread.

Interesting
At least you admit that it is ridiculous. We've been dealing with a 5 year investigation, one in which the NCAA has moved the goalposts three times, something they have no authority to do. And we've finally called them on it. But this latest moving of the goalposts is not that surprising to UNC fans, because we've seen it twice before.

And perhaps Allen's latest tripping incident shouldn't surprise us either, because he's had at least two prior incidences. Blue Devil fans have no one but K to blame for the negative publicity your program is getting now. If he had sat Allen down for a game after the first incidence, I doubt we see a repeat of his bizarre(Bilas' word) behavior. Since he didn't address it sternly enough, when it recurred, he should have sat him down for 3 games. Now it's recurred again.

Doesn't it ever cross your mind why K didn't sit Allen? It was because winning games is what matters most to K, everything else is secondary. Allen was your most indispensable player last year, and was projected to be so again this year. So K was not going to sit him unless forced to do so. This third incident forced his hand, so he proactively suspended Allen before the league could do it.

We have a poll on how many games Allen will actually miss, since the suspension just happened to coincide with Christmas break. Your first three ACC games are against bottom feeders, games where Allen wouldn't be missed terribly. Regardless, I don't foresee more than a one or two game suspension.

How many games do you think Allen will miss?

At least you admit that it is ridiculous. We've been dealing with a 5 year investigation, one in which the NCAA has moved the goalposts three times, something they have no authority to do. And we've finally called them on it. But this latest moving of the goalposts is not that surprising to UNC fans, because we've seen it twice before.

And perhaps Allen's latest tripping incident shouldn't surprise us either, because he's had at least two prior incidences. Blue Devil fans have no one but K to blame for the negative publicity your program is getting now. If he had sat Allen down for a game after the first incidence, I doubt we see a repeat of his bizarre(Bilas' word) behavior. Since he didn't address it sternly enough, when it recurred, he should have sat him down for 3 games. Now it's recurred again.

Doesn't it ever cross your mind why K didn't sit Allen? It was because winning games is what matters most to K, everything else is secondary. Allen was your most indispensable player last year, and was projected to be so again this year. So K was not going to sit him unless forced to do so. This third incident forced his hand, so he proactively suspended Allen before the league could do it.

We have a poll on how many games Allen will actually miss, since the suspension just happened to coincide with Christmas break. Your first three ACC games are against bottom feeders, games where Allen wouldn't be missed terribly. Regardless, I don't foresee more than a one or two game suspension.

How many games do you think Allen will miss?

Archer, with Kay it goes far beyond merely wins. He didn't need Trip McWhipperson back in the game to win in this last incident.

With Kay there are several other factors at work. Number 1 is that any action by any dook player which is deemed unacceptable by "the outsiders" reflects negatively on "His Shining Greatness" and therefor cannot be tolerated. Such incidents must be reconstructed in Kay's mind to the point that his player is "in the right" and therefor "His Shining Greatness" is not tarnished or diminished in any way. This is how you get utterly absurd statements like "Gerald is really the victim here".

Number 2 is absolute control. Kay wants to make sure that the ACC, the NCAA, and all the rest of the "outsiders" see and understand that "His Shining Greatness" is above all normal constraints and that those under his protection are beyond any ordinary consequences. In his mind NO ONE but Kay can decided what is right or wrong, and No One but "His Shining Greatness" can decide how these (non) incidents will be handled.

Reactions: Heelicious
Archer I don't know how many games Allen will be suspended but for the sake of guessing, I'm going to go with three games, which I think is sufficient.

I was disappointed K put him back in the game vs Elon. I don't know if or what K did to discipline Allen last year after his previous two incidents. Just because none of us heard or saw anything doesn't mean he did nothing.

I don't think K likes to throw his kids under the bus in public even if they are obviously and blatantly wrong. I feel like K will try to protect his kids from outside pressure and vitriol (even if warranted). Me personally, I'm ok with that. As a parent, if my kid does something dumb and he's getting it from the media and opposing fans etc.... yes I want the head coach to give the kid tough love but I don't mind if it's in private and I don't mind if he has my kids back in public.

As for K's main main concern being about winning games? Meh if that's true it really doesn't bother me as long as it's within the rules and he's not mistreating his kids. For all of the criticisms of K's foul mouth, I rarely if at all see K directing that at his players. I rarely see K get into the face and berate his players and try to make them look small. I'm obviously making references to the "Knight Light" comments. K isn't perfect nor do I expect him to be. K gets paid MILLIONS of dollars by the school. MILLIONS. I suspect he's paid that way BECAUSE he's won and gets paid "to win" and add value to the school's brand. He's doing his job and I have absolutely no problem with it. Let be even clearer:

Dean Smith's reputation is beyond reproach and he's won a lot of games. But K has won more. I'd rather have the more and irregardless of opposing fans views of K, I don't think K's alleged character flaws are such that woukd make me question or even THINK about trading it in. In other words, no I don't believe I or any other Duke fan has "traded their soul" so to speak.

K has won more. He's also coached more, and has the lesser win percentage of the two. Dean also owned him head to head. What's that got to do with the color of money (pun intended)?

Dean Smith's reputation is beyond reproach and he's won a lot of games. But K has won more. I'd rather have the more and irregardless of opposing fans views of K, I don't think K's alleged character flaws are such that woukd make me question or even THINK about trading it in. In other words, no I don't believe I or any other Duke fan has "traded their soul" so to speak.

Archer I don't know how many games Allen will be suspended but for the sake of guessing, I'm going to go with three games, which I think is sufficient.
I agree, but with the proviso that if it happens again, he's done for the season.
I was disappointed K put him back in the game vs Elon. I don't know if or what K did to discipline Allen last year after his previous two incidents. Just because none of us heard or saw anything doesn't mean he did nothing.
I didn't say K "did nothing", I said he didn't address Allen's bush league actions sternly enough. Whatever he did after the first incidence, it was insufficient. And whatever he did after the second occurrence, it was grossly insufficient. Why you guys can't simply admit that speaks volumes to me. The second incident should have resulted in K suspending him from a game(s). And when K failed to do that, the league should have done so. But because it was K's team, he got a pass.

K's teams are noted for their bush league tactics, ie: flopping, kicking their leg out on jumpers to initiate contact, and now tripping. To everyone but K fans, those are bush league actions. But it seems K fans are fine with them. Go figure.

Dean Smith's reputation is beyond reproach and he's won a lot of games. But K has won more. I'd rather have the more and irregardless of opposing fans views of K, I don't think K's alleged character flaws are such that woukd make me question or even THINK about trading it in.
And I wouldn't trade one Dean Smith or Roy Williams for ten Knight Lites. If he won 2,000 games, my opinion wouldn't change.

15697955_10209557303227089_892428384808330302_n.jpg

I agree, but with the proviso that if it happens again, he's done for the season.

I didn't say K "did nothing", I said he didn't address Allen's bush league actions sternly enough. Whatever he did after the first incidence, it was insufficient. And whatever he did after the second occurrence, it was grossly insufficient. Why you guys can't simply admit that speaks volumes to me. The second incident should have resulted in K suspending him from a game(s). And when K failed to do that, the league should have done so. But because it was K's team, he got a pass.

K's teams are noted for their bush league tactics, ie: flopping, kicking their leg out on jumpers to initiate contact, and now tripping. To everyone but K fans, those are bush league actions. But it seems K fans are fine with them. Go figure.

And I wouldn't trade one Dean Smith or Roy Williams for ten Knight Lites. If he won 2,000 games, my opinion wouldn't change.

I can tell you one thing that didn't happen. Coach K did not pull GA aside and tell him "if it happens again, you'll be suspended." I know that is the case, because if he had, GA would not have gone back in the second half against Elon and coach K would not have made such an ass of himself in the postgame. I don't believe for a second that coach K decided to suspend Allen after reviewing the situation. He decided to suspend him after the ACC told him that GA was going to be suspended whether K liked it or not. We know that K will lie to suit his own purposes and there is little doubt that he has lied in the current situation as well.

I can tell you one thing that didn't happen. Coach K did not pull GA aside and tell him "if it happens again, you'll be suspended." I know that is the case, because if he had, GA would not have gone back in the second half against Elon and coach K would not have made such an ass of himself in the postgame. I don't believe for a second that coach K decided to suspend Allen after reviewing the situation. He decided to suspend him after the ACC told him that GA was going to be suspended whether K liked it or not. We know that K will lie to suit his own purposes and there is little doubt that he has lied in the current situation as well.

10 games

Peeps always talk about the number of games ratty won as if that matters. DES and Roy both have better win % and DES played in a different era. He had vastly fewer opportunities for games to coach. For most of his tenure the teams played fewer regular season games and the tourney had almost half the games in it for a time. Lastly, the ACC was a 1 bid league (like all others). So for many years UNC did not have a chance to even play in the post season despite great teams.

But I wouldn't trade numbers for character in any case. Also, I have been to puke practices that ratty got in the faces of players; cursed out players and staff; and threw basketballs into the upper deck! I agree that one difference between ratty and Knight is that ratty was much more aware of his public persona and is a true politician! I would posit that Knight was the more honest of the two! ( I wouldn't want either at UNC!)

Peeps always talk about the number of games ratty won as if that matters. DES and Roy both have better win % and DES played in a different era. He had vastly fewer opportunities for games to coach. For most of his tenure the teams played fewer regular season games and the tourney had almost half the games in it for a time. Lastly, the ACC was a 1 bid league (like all others). So for many years UNC did not have a chance to even play in the post season despite great teams.

But I wouldn't trade numbers for character in any case. Also, I have been to puke practices that ratty got in the faces of players; cursed out players and staff; and threw basketballs into the upper deck! I agree that one difference between ratty and Knight is that ratty was much more aware of his public persona and is a true politician! I would posit that Knight was the more honest of the two! ( I wouldn't want either at UNC!)

I've got some pretty good dookie sources, plus some stories on K. It's fairly common knowledge that he called Taylor King mf'er more than he called him by his real name, & some of the language he used with Shavlik Randolph is nothing a coach should ever say to anyone, much less to one of his own players.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
So - Is the ACC is "letting Kay handle this" ?? Instead of getting involved and Telling Kay publicly what the penalty will be? Yet one more evidence of toady groveling if true.

Starting tonight! Wow what punishment!
Well, they did lose. Had they come out and looked great, I have a feeling he'd still be suspended.

I'm curious if K is going to say, "I had taken leave from the team, I left the decision up to Coach Capel," as a way to deflect potential criticism from himself. Or is he going to say, again, Allen learned his lesson so I saw now reason to maintain the suspension.

Imagining youre glad you didnt take the bet.

Predictable. K "taking matters into his own hands". Definition of hypocrite.

On a more important matter, good luck to K in his upcoming surgery. I don't wish that on anyone regardless of what I feel about him, Duke, or Allen. Back surgery is not fun. Get well Coach.

Reactions: toophly1124
Well, they did lose. Had they come out and looked great, I have a feeling he'd still be suspended.

I'm curious if K is going to say, "I had taken leave from the team, I left the decision up to Coach Capel," as a way to deflect potential criticism from himself. Or is he going to say, again, Allen learned his lesson so I saw now reason to maintain the suspension.

I bet if he does it a fourth time he'll be suspend 2 whole games! Kay's like the parent who "punishes" their kid by sending them to their room an hour before bedtime.

What a joke for a suspension, could've just as well done nothing, the ACC should step in

Reactions: Archer2
He decides to coach one more game before his surgery to start Trip in the game to rub it into the face of the ACC Commissioner and other teams in the league. This action sets the standard for the leaque. Everyone gets a couple of free trips according to the league. The kid is sick and it will happen again before the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT