ADVERTISEMENT

I fear these idiots! Thank God for angels!

I get that humor. But, on a serious note; I don't understand the hostility with your own fellow fans. It must be how the Sunni's and Shia's came about.
Some get frustrated with the fact that people on radar fear those who disagree with them. They can’t see past their fear that the NCAA is out to get UNC. They are afraid of an opposing fan’s point of view. They are just not willing to love their fellow rival fan and they won’t let go of their fear of them.

@chick_bleeds_carolina_blue this is another example.

Some get frustrated with the fact that people on radar fear those who disagree with them. They can’t see past their fear that the NCAA is out to get UNC. They are afraid of an opposing fan’s point of view. They are just not willing to love their fellow rival fan and they won’t let go of their fear of them.

I better stay off that one. I get pissed for real with that topic, especially the special classes when I am related to a tutor for one of the biggest colleges in the south and knowing what I know.... It's best I stay right here.

I get that humor. But, on a serious note; I don't understand the hostility with your own fellow fans. It must be how the Sunni's and Shia's came about.

In all seriousness, the hostility is 90% on their part. Poasters from here, including myself, made some sarcastic
Remarks (imagine that) entirely directed at the idea of the ncaa fixing games. No personal attacks, no board violations, just humorous sarcasm. Those guys immediately went personal and lost their shit and for whatever reason their mod supported them. Admittedly a couple from here got hostile in response but it was very well deserved. Imo/fact​

That whole disruption came from the fallout from the title loss, I think. I never understood the NCAA-is-out-to-get-us thing.

In all seriousness, the hostility is 90% on their part. Poasters from here, including myself, made some sarcastic
Remarks (imagine that) entirely directed at the idea of the ncaa fixing games. No personal attacks, no board violations, just humorous sarcasm. Those guys immediately went personal and lost their shit and for whatever reason their mod supported them. Admittedly a couple from here got hostile in response but it was very well deserved. Imo/fact​

Damn, sounds like I missed out on something haha

Ahhh, the aftermath of a title loss. The casualties are more than just on the battlefield. I am active on Blitz during football season and Radar during basketball season. But... I make sure to grace you folks with my presence allllll year round!

Are we able to reveal which college?

NOOOO. I don't like lawsuits! But someone who is famous now, ain't so dang smart and I am NOT telling you who because that will really, really start a huge fuss and I am not going to be liable for anything like that.... just know (which I am sure you do already) that it is a BS for anyone in the NCAA or anywhere to act like special classes and privileges are only at UNC. when they start holding the kids there for academics to the same athletic standards, then we they can allow vice versa with the athletes.

NOOOO. I don't like lawsuits! But someone who is famous now, ain't so dang smart and I am NOT telling you who because that will really, really start a huge fuss and I am not going to be liable for anything like that.... just know (which I am sure you do already) that it is a BS for anyone in the NCAA or anywhere to act like special classes and privileges are only at UNC. when they start holding the kids there for academics to the same athletic standards, then we they can allow vice versa with the athletes.

You're correct - I digress in terms of the college. Was just testing the waters here.

But how can we claim that this goes on everywhere without first having the proof? There are too many people watching. I don't think athletes get any more special treatment than a normal kid in Calculus class.

You're correct - I digress in terms of the college. Was just testing the waters here.

But how can we claim that this goes on everywhere without first having the proof? There are too many people watching. I don't think athletes get any more special treatment than a normal kid in Calculus class.

Is that sarcasm again????

Never!

I need to stop though. This pisses my wife off b/c apparently I'm incapable of holding a "serious" conversation. "Everything's a damn joke." :)

At the end of the day, it kinda is!

Tell her one day she will know how blessed she is to have that... get a grumpy ass man with no sense of humor and she'll see.... I'd love a man that could not have a serious conversation all the time... once in a while is okay though... I love laughing!

Tell her one day she will know how blessed she is to have that... get a grumpy ass man with no sense of humor and she'll see.... I'd love a man that could not have a serious conversation all the time... once in a while is okay though... I love laughing!

Can definitely agree there. We have pretty strong conservative beliefs, but there's nothing about either of our families that is "serious" about much. I just take it to the extreme more than she does.

Not into airing dirty laundry, but when you've seen as much as I have (even in just 33 years) and been through what my family has, you learn REALLY fast to have fun, don't worry or stress all the time, and leave the pissing & moaning to someone else. Ain't got no time for that here!

Can definitely agree there. We have pretty strong conservative beliefs, but there's nothing about either of our families that is "serious" about much. I just take it to the extreme more than she does.

Not into airing dirty laundry, but when you've seen as much as I have (even in just 33 years) and been through what my family has, you learn REALLY fast to have fun, don't worry or stress all the time, and leave the pissing & moaning to someone else. Ain't got no time for that here!

I couldn't agree more! :)

165lb5.jpg

Okay, this is really, really difficult for me to admit... and while I do still think the only way to have peace is to give it, I have just seen an image that has completely disturbed me and I do take back what I said about comparing Christian extremists to the ISIS whack-jobs!

It's like you hear the words "beheading" and you don't really get the depth of it, just knowing ABOUT something is not enough.. I see that the mindset, while there may be some similarities in the dislike for people who do not believe as you do, the reaction definitely is something else.

I have seen some pretty awful things in my life... a man who threw himself in front of a train and he was brought in in a garbage bag, literally, in parts, people who were tossed into a kudzu patch to rot for a month with maggots and ants crawling out of what was left of them, burned people... but this just sickened me and to know other human beings are capable of doing this to another.

We really need to find a way to "fix" this... we cannot just rely on our elected officials to do it, they have to support the lobbies that bought them off. So how do we keep other Americans from going to this extreme and joining these groups of terror??? what are we doing wrong??

Okay, this is really, really difficult for me to admit... and while I do still think the only way to have peace is to give it, I have just seen an image that has completely disturbed me and I do take back what I said about comparing Christian extremists to the ISIS whack-jobs!

It's like you hear the words "beheading" and you don't really get the depth of it, just knowing ABOUT something is not enough.. I see that the mindset, while there may be some similarities in the dislike for people who do not believe as you do, the reaction definitely is something else.

I have seen some pretty awful things in my life... a man who threw himself in front of a train and he was brought in in a garbage bag, literally, in parts, people who were tossed into a kudzu patch to rot for a month with maggots and ants crawling out of what was left of them, burned people... but this just sickened me and to know other human beings are capable of doing this to another.

We really need to find a way to "fix" this... we cannot just rely on our elected officials to do it, they have to support the lobbies that bought them off. So how do we keep other Americans from going to this extreme and joining these groups of terror??? what are we doing wrong??
So all it took was one image? I could have shown you 100 images that would have kept this whole thread from ever happening. But I guess it's good we had this talk.

Reactions: UNC71-00
So all it took was one image? I could have shown you 100 images that would have kept this whole thread from ever happening. But I guess it's good we had this talk.

yeah, but why are they doing this? It doesn't make sense to do that just because someone lives in another country in a way you disagree, so it has to be more than that. Why would they be so angry as to cut a man's head off???? I'm trying to understand.

yeah, let's just forget this thread ever happened.... sorry

A woman that can't make up her mind?

giphy.gif

yeah, but why are they doing this? It doesn't make sense to do that just because someone lives in another country in a way you disagree, so it has to be more than that. Why would they be so angry as to cut a man's head off???? I'm trying to understand.

yeah, let's just forget this thread ever happened.... sorry

This is 3rd party information on my part, but my roommates throughout college were marines who had been deployed a few times after 9/11. The version I got from them consistently is that over in the middle east, beheading is considered to be the "honorable" way to die in battle. To us, here in America...it seems utterly barbaric (and it is), but apparently to them, not so much. The other side to that is that these terrorists know that the more barbaric Americans view their actions to be, the more they can instill fear into those in this country. You you basically have two elements at work here -- one is the origin of "why" they kill this way, but then you have the extremists over there who have taken that "tradition" (if you can even call it that) and completely taken it to another level.

But again...take this with a grain of salt as it's only what I have been told by friends who've been there.

Unfortunately, we live in an entitled society. Every day, people (in general) want more and more in exchange for doing less and less. In generational-terms, I'm pretty young, but I do believe there to be merit in the "Good Ole Days" notion that in the old days, parents ACTUALLY parented their children. But I think you're seeing now, a lot of those entitled kids are growing up to become entitled parents...who then have more entitled children. Schools are completely overwhelmed and ill-equipped to handle the volume they see, and it becomes an assembly line just to push kids through the system ill-prepared to handle life on their own.

Bottom line, when people feel like they have been wronged or they deserve their fair shake -- even if their belief here is completely unwarranted and irrational -- they look elsewhere for it. I think these extremists groups have been a feeding ground for these kinds of people because they are promising what they all want -- security, money, "hookers and blow," you name it...and these naive kids buy into it. The religion angle, quite franky, I think is a sham...that's just a cloud to hide behind. I don't think these extremist give two shits about any higher being...it's an easy curtain for them to hide behind to lure in more recruits.

But in terms specifically of what to do -- I think you have to (A) close the borders and stop letting any-and-everything into our country, and then (B) you have to actually start raising our kids here in this country to actually be mature adults. It starts with our government from the school angle, but also from our parents inside the households. And FWIW, this is coming from someone who had a pretty broken home growing up, so I've seen various angles here.

Unfortunately, we live in an entitled society. Every day, people (in general) want more and more in exchange for doing less and less. In generational-terms, I'm pretty young, but I do believe there to be merit in the "Good Ole Days" notion that in the old days, parents ACTUALLY parented their children. But I think you're seeing now, a lot of those entitled kids are growing up to become entitled parents...who then have more entitled children. Schools are completely overwhelmed and ill-equipped to handle the volume they see, and it becomes an assembly line just to push kids through the system ill-prepared to handle life on their own.

Bottom line, when people feel like they have been wronged or they deserve their fair shake -- even if their belief here is completely unwarranted and irrational -- they look elsewhere for it. I think these extremists groups have been a feeding ground for these kinds of people because they are promising what they all want -- security, money, "hookers and blow," you name it...and these naive kids buy into it. The religion angle, quite franky, I think is a sham...that's just a cloud to hide behind. I don't think these extremist give two shits about any higher being...it's an easy curtain for them to hide behind to lure in more recruits.

But in terms specifically of what to do -- I think you have to (A) close the borders and stop letting any-and-everything into our country, and then (B) you have to actually start raising our kids here in this country to actually be mature adults. It starts with our government from the school angle, but also from our parents inside the households. And FWIW, this is coming from someone who had a pretty broken home growing up, so I've seen various angles here.
I wonder how much of the problems we have today are because of the seemingly disappearing traditional family structure? If significant, you would certainly seem to be the exception. I believe divorce now is more common than lasting marriages and marriage rates themselves are in decline for various reasons.

When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, though still frowned upon, divorce was starting to become more common. I was lucky. My parents never argued in front of us, never fought out loud and never showed us any bad emotion between each other. They were always affectionate and they knew how to speak to each other respectfully. It was what my dad called "The Language of Love." Sadly, it is a lost art I think.

My wife and I do I pretty bang up job I think of not having it out in front of our kids, but sadly, we are not as good at the rest of it as my father and mother were. We sometimes insult each other when things get ugly. Not name calling or anything, but that passive-aggressive type stuff. That can hurt just as much and sometimes never gets addressed or resolved due to the nature of it. It's like "small cutting" a marriage to death if left unattended.

Anyway, I think nowadays in this country we've lost the ability to speak to each other civilly and resolve conflict. We are a bunch of big babies running around playing adult.

Dude, how can the OP and strum and uncboy not see the difference? Like, wow. Guess what? Tons of black people despise white people, and yes, tons of white people despise black people. Except for the few perfect souls in this country, everyone has a bit of hatred in their hearts for certain groups of people. That's just human nature. Guess what though? 99.9% of people don't go and ACT on that hatred. They choose to tolerate and/or ignore and/or peacefully disassociate with the group(s) of people they don't like. They don't commit mass murder like Muslims are doing every single day.

If you had actually read my post, you would see that I clearly acknowledged that difference. I was simply making the argument that radical christian organizations still pose a threat to our society. I clearly showed how a gunman who murdered three people at an abortion clinic last November was radicalized by an extremist christian ideology.

Obviously the threat of radical christianity is not on the same level as radical islam. But radical christianity is absolutely still a threat.

It's obvious that you have more than a bit of hatred in your heart for muslims. The vast majority of muslims are not terrorists. There are quite a few in the American Armed Forces in fact. But you consciously choose not to refer to the extremists as 'radical muslims', and in doing so lump them in with the rest of the muslim community. Which is exactly what the radicals want.

I wonder how much of the problems we have today are because of the seemingly disappearing traditional family structure? If significant, you would certainly seem to be the exception. I believe divorce now is more common than lasting marriages and marriage rates themselves are in decline for various reasons.

When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, though still frowned upon, divorce was starting to become more common. I was lucky. My parents never argued in front of us, never fought out loud and never showed us any bad emotion between each other. They were always affectionate and they knew how to speak to each other respectfully. It was what my dad called "The Language of Love." Sadly, it is a lost art I think.

My wife and I do I pretty bang up job I think of not having it out in front of our kids, but sadly, we are not as good at the rest of it as my father and mother were. We sometimes insult each other when things get ugly. Not name calling or anything, but that passive-aggressive type stuff. That can hurt just as much and sometimes never gets addressed or resolved due to the nature of it. It's like "small cutting" a marriage to death if left unattended.

Anyway, I think nowadays in this country we've lost the ability to speak to each other civilly and resolve conflict. We are a bunch of big babies running around playing adult.

I think this is a major reason. When my wife and I approached our pastor about having him do the ceremony, he told us the only way he would agree to it is if we go through a course one-on-one with him about how to structure your house based on Christian principles. I, admittedly, was going through the motions with it, but it has still stuck with me -- he showed us that the divorce rate has exceeded 50%, but that isn't what struck a chord with me. He said that it's being tossed around the notion of marriage being more like a "business transaction" nowadays -- and that it's being pitched that you would go into a marriage with a 5-year commitment...and after that five years, you could make a joint decision about whether to renew for another five years, or part ways without any financial recourse on either side. That seemed like such a new low for us as a society, and what that would do to the children...I just personally can't even fathom that being the way things operate. But apparently that is where we are headed.

I'll admit, my parents got divorced when I was less than five, but I still remember VERY vividly the fights they had. I didn't understand then, but the fact that to this day, I can tell you exactly where I was in the house, what they were wearing, even down to which pair of shoes they were wearing...that should provide enough proof that kids, even that young, are affected. I don't ever think of myself as any type of exception -- my mother is honestly the strongest person (to me) on this planet. Nobody has been run through the dirt more than that lady by so many people and has never asked for the first handout. She could have had government assistance on so many occasions, but chose as a single mother, to keep us in church every week, demanded that homework was done and chores were done before anything else, and worked 2+ full time jobs to make ends meet. I think this is why I have so big of a problem with the people in this country to want everything handed to them. When you have seen your family scratch and claw for every penny, it makes you not really have much sympathy for anyone else physically able to work and choosing not to. It's pure laziness, to me, but I definitely think this is a root cause for our problems in this country, and it starts with the parents and there not being a role model to teach kids what it means to be an adult and lead a household.

Sorry for the length...off the soap box now.

Reactions: UNC '92
And the ability some churches have

Listen, asswipe.... you are more than welcome to call me personally and see I am not a man! I have no problem with it at all. Strum has a way better vocabulary than I do for one thing... so you're saying people who share ideals and such are the same people???? so are you all really GSD, Tarheelnation???????? give me a damn break! I'm glad there is at least one person who gets SOME of what I am saying. You guys just continue on with your way as it clearly is working!
so calling you would prove you are female??

Show you??? Dude, go over there and you'll see me in full display. I'm very well-known there. I have a FSU wing-man over on that board- NoleSoup4U. The only other Tar Heel poster is THBB, and, TarheelByBirth HATES me over there, just like here. THBB is very active on that board.
WITF would anybody be active on an Iowa board?

I think this is a major reason. When my wife and I approached our pastor about having him do the ceremony, he told us the only way he would agree to it is if we go through a course one-on-one with him about how to structure your house based on Christian principles. I, admittedly, was going through the motions with it, but it has still stuck with me -- he showed us that the divorce rate has exceeded 50%, but that isn't what struck a chord with me. He said that it's being tossed around the notion of marriage being more like a "business transaction" nowadays -- and that it's being pitched that you would go into a marriage with a 5-year commitment...and after that five years, you could make a joint decision about whether to renew for another five years, or part ways without any financial recourse on either side. That seemed like such a new low for us as a society, and what that would do to the children...I just personally can't even fathom that being the way things operate. But apparently that is where we are headed.

I'll admit, my parents got divorced when I was less than five, but I still remember VERY vividly the fights they had. I didn't understand then, but the fact that to this day, I can tell you exactly where I was in the house, what they were wearing, even down to which pair of shoes they were wearing...that should provide enough proof that kids, even that young, are affected. I don't ever think of myself as any type of exception -- my mother is honestly the strongest person (to me) on this planet. Nobody has been run through the dirt more than that lady by so many people and has never asked for the first handout. She could have had government assistance on so many occasions, but chose as a single mother, to keep us in church every week, demanded that homework was done and chores were done before anything else, and worked 2+ full time jobs to make ends meet. I think this is why I have so big of a problem with the people in this country to want everything handed to them. When you have seen your family scratch and claw for every penny, it makes you not really have much sympathy for anyone else physically able to work and choosing not to. It's pure laziness, to me, but I definitely think this is a root cause for our problems in this country, and it starts with the parents and there not being a role model to teach kids what it means to be an adult and lead a household.

Sorry for the length...off the soap box now.
Dave is that you?

Well if you can't tell the difference in a males voice and a females. I am not sure how else to prove it on here. I put my pic a couple of times but that's not really proof since I may doubt if one of you posted one I'd believe it was actually you.
Plenty of guys can imitate female voices. I do a great Hillary(or maybe that's not a good example).

Reactions: UNC '92
The Iowa off-topic board used to be the greatest board on the entire Rivals network, bar none. There was a massive emigration about 8 years ago and it hasn't been the same since.
What else could there be to do In Iowa? I guess some where as flat as Iowa gets great internet/cell coverage everywhere.

Well if you can't tell the difference in a males voice and a females. I am not sure how else to prove it on here. I put my pic a couple of times but that's not really proof since I may doubt if one of you posted one I'd believe it was actually you.
So you are saying this ain't me?

jamiedornanforcalvinkleinlookbook-1.jpg

The Iowa off-topic board used to be the greatest board on the entire Rivals network, bar none. There was a massive emigration about 8 years ago and it hasn't been the same since.

Wasn't that about the time Strum showed up?

(Just joshin ya Strummy)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT