ADVERTISEMENT

I fear these idiots! Thank God for angels!

165lb5.jpg

Right. But that's like saying getting a paper cut is not on the same level as getting decapitated, but getting a paper cut is absolutely still a threat.

That's got to be the stupidest analogy I've ever heard. Radical christians still murder people. Do you really want to compare murder to a paper cut?

That's got to be the stupidest analogy I've ever heard. Radical christians still murder people. Do you really want to compare murder to a paper cut?

The amount of murder committed in today's world by each group was the analogy. One is small potatoes compared to the other. Obviously all murder is tragic, but more murder is worse than less murder.

Cmon, try to keep up.

Reactions: HeelFan58
The amount of murder committed in today's world by each group was the analogy. One is small potatoes compared to the other. Obviously all murder is tragic, but more murder is worse than less murder.

Cmon, try to keep up.

When people are murdered it automatically places the issue on a certain level of importance. I understand why you're refusing to acknowledge the issue of radical christianity, but that doesn't change the fact that it is very much a real issue.

When people are murdered it automatically places the issue on a certain level of importance. I understand why you're refusing to acknowledge the issue of radical christianity, but that doesn't change the fact that it is very much a real issue.

I'm not refusing to acknowledge it at all, im well aware it's out there, and the dangers it poses. Im just saying Radical Islam is a much more significant threat to us (at least as of now).

Reactions: UNC '92

Cmon, try to keep up.

I agree but my whole point, AGAIN, was the hatefulness of the minds. For example, my aunt was murdered. The man truly was a horrible human being to shoot her in the face. Now had I reacted by SAYING I want to shoot him in the face to get revenge, that would make me really no better than him in my heart and soul, even though I would not have acted on it. The thought, spirit, "mindset" is the same in my opinion. I chose instead to forgive him years later and I never once thought I wanted to blow his head off in return but yes, I was very upset at that time that a person could do that to another person.

So if we react to violent people wishing violence on them with hate in our own hearts, then is our heart really so good after all? Are we, in fact, seeing pieces of ourselves in those people too?

So if we react to violent people wishing violence on them with hate in our own hearts, then is our heart really so good after all? Are we, in fact, seeing pieces of ourselves in those people too?

I agree that wishing violence on people, even if they've committed violence themselves, can indicate that our hearts aren't really so good after all. But there comes a point where I wouldn't GAF about that anymore. I can understand the argument for turning the other cheek if you get a couple thousand bucks stolen from you, if you get your car stolen, even if you get mugged in an alley or something. But there's a limit to that.

Like the guy who attacked his daughter's killer in the courtroom. I have no problem with that. In fact, I'm disappointed that the authorities stepped in as fast as they did - shoulda let it go for a little bit. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. I know if I were ever in that situation - I'd be going to jail - because I would do the same damn thing.

Reactions: UNC '92
I agree that wishing violence on people, even if they've committed violence themselves, can indicate that our hearts aren't really so good after all. But there comes a point where I wouldn't GAF about that anymore. I can understand the argument for turning the other cheek if you get a couple thousand bucks stolen from you, if you get your car stolen, even if you get mugged in an alley or something. But there's a limit to that.

Like the guy who attacked his daughter's killer in the courtroom. I have no problem with that. In fact, I'm disappointed that the authorities stepped in as fast as they did - shoulda let it go for a little bit. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. I know if I were ever in that situation - I'd be going to jail - because I would do the same damn thing.

I am sure I would too, trust me! Let any man do anything to my girls and they will find out what their testicles taste like.... I get it but that does not bring me peace knowing I'd feel that way. I just want to try and find some peace... I know those A-holes in the middle east are not gonna give me any either, they are a whole different breed I think... maybe??? but seeing all the negative words and images all the time on TV and the internet HAS to be doing something to us.... I don't know.

Even after we attack people in court rooms and cut off the jewels or whatever violent act we can think of or act on, at the end of the day, it does not bring peace and perhaps we are only going to know that when we evolve over to whatever comes after this life, I really don't know, but damn, it would be great to have some now! I can get it by secluding myself completely from the internet, tv and people I am quite sure but that really sucks too.... oh well. Dick's head is about to explode (no pun intended LOL) so I will leave this alone.... ~ love, hugs and hopefully peace to you all~ NEXT.....

Now had I reacted by SAYING I want to shoot him in the face to get revenge, that would make me really no better than him in my heart and soul, even though I would not have acted on it.
I disagree with that. That reaction would have been a natural response to one of your family members being murdered for absolutely no reason. Feeling angry towards the individual who committed that act doesn’t make you evil and doesn’t make you a bad person. The difference between that situation and a group like ISIS is that they don’t punish the individual who might have actually harmed them. They walk into a busy market place and blow up innocent individuals or do things like this

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-behea...=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

(Full disclosure: I don’t know how reliable this site is, but I did find a story with a picture that claims it was the girl that this story was about.)

I agree but my whole point, AGAIN, was the hatefulness of the minds. For example, my aunt was murdered. The man truly was a horrible human being to shoot her in the face. Now had I reacted by SAYING I want to shoot him in the face to get revenge, that would make me really no better than him in my heart and soul, even though I would not have acted on it. The thought, spirit, "mindset" is the same in my opinion. I chose instead to forgive him years later and I never once thought I wanted to blow his head off in return but yes, I was very upset at that time that a person could do that to another person.

You just cannot leave this alone can you?? and Hark thanks for waking up UNCboy , though your analogy was excellent to normal people.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I'm not refusing to acknowledge it at all, im well aware it's out there, and the dangers it poses. Im just saying Radical Islam is a much more significant threat to us (at least as of now).

I already acknowledged that multiple times in this thread alone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT