ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness thread

I've been watching games all evening. At the moment, I'm listening to Bill Walton & Dave Pasch go at each other announcing the UNCA - USC game in the NIT. I can feel the love. lol

ETA: Dave Pasch is also picking Michigan State to win it all. There are going to be a lot of experts looking foolish, if they don't.

Last edited:
"If they win this game, this will be the biggest win in UNC Asheville's history." - Bill Walton

“Well, this is the NIT." - Dave Pasch

“What could be bigger than this?" - Walton

“I'm not going to get into that right now." - Pasch

Can you imagine Walton and Vitale calling the same game? :eek:

Since 2011 (minus 2012) there has always been 1 or 2 surprise teams to make it to the final four

2017: (7) South Carolina
2016: (10) Syracuse
2015: (7) MSU
2014: (7) UConn & (8) UK
2013: (9) Wichita St
2011: (8) Butler & (11) VCU

Who strikes you as a sleeper that could make it to San Antonio? A 5 seed UK doesn’t really match this description so anybody 7 or below is who I’m asking for. I thought maybe the winner of Zona State and SYR may make a run and URI.

Since 2011 (minus 2012) there has always been 1 or 2 surprise teams to make it to the final four

Who strikes you as a sleeper that could make it to San Antonio? A 5 seed UK doesn’t really match this description so anybody 7 or below is who I’m asking for. I thought maybe the winner of Zona State and SYR may make a run and URI.

Would love for URI to make a run, that would mean another early exit for the Blew Devils.

Since you said anybody 7 or below I would definitely start with the winner of ASU and Syracuse. Depending on how the bracket breaks I could see the winner of Creighton and KState, if Virginia Tech could upset Nova in the second round they could, Butler, State could upset Kansas and they'd have a chance. Now I wouldn't bet on any of them going, but they have the best chance IMO.

Pulling for the Orange tonight. ACC (minus dook) fan, at least on the first weekend....as long as they aren't playing the Heels.
The more ACC teams that win the better we look. Like you, I'm not that generous with Duke. They can't lose out fast enough for me. I also have a limit to how many times I'll pull for State. I'm all for them winning a game or two to make the ACC look good, then it's time for them to go. I think one win will be a success for them this year, then it will be time to bid them adieu.

"If they win this game, this will be the biggest win in UNC Asheville's history." - Bill Walton

“Well, this is the NIT." - Dave Pasch

“What could be bigger than this?" - Walton

“I'm not going to get into that right now." - Pasch

Can you imagine Walton and Vitale calling the same game? :eek:
Walton cracks me up. I think he has the NCAA & NIT tourneys mixed up. He appears to genuinely believes the best teams play in the NIT. To his credit he knows as much about NC as I do & I was born & raised there. He appeared to be totally infatuated with the state & UNCA. He behaved similarly, when calling our game. lol

Good luck today to UNC-G and Wes! Tough draw for them in Gonzaga. Davidson-Kentucky should be interesting. And of course, go Gaels!

So is someone working on a knockoff of The Knack's "My Sharona" just in case? "My Iona" could be an internet sensation by 5pm if things go right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT