ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2018-19

Yep. I feel like the only way KC wins is to get a turnover. Their defense won’t stop patriots.
tenor.gif

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I mean, no disrespect to the Patriots' legacy and obvious legit talent. But... sheezus.

I can't even empathize at all. It must be like being a UCLA fan in the late 60's and 70's.

I still think both teams should get the ball at least once in OT. It sucks that only one team could end up with the ball on offense. That doesn’t happen in basketball, baseball, etc. both teams have a chance to score except football. So by luck of a damn coin flip one team wins or loses in a game where neither D could stop the other team in the 4th quarter.

I don’t want to see the college crap on the 25 yard line but if the first team scores then they have to kick off.

Reactions: Heelicious
Yeah they had some big money dude (Sam Gilbert) that was paying players while John Wooden looked the other way.
ooohhhh, yeah! I remember watching an HBO film about them, sorta like that Tobacco Road HBO documentary. Yeah, yeah... I remember Wooden was real dismissive about it, like he was totally unaware. And, he was never implicated. I'd forgotten about that. I'd like to see that again.

The worst ****ing roughing the passer call ever. Just more proof that you can’t touch that douche bag Brady.

Karma for their ass would be the Rams do a little video tape cheating on them and beat the Patriots this time. Would be the perfect bookend to Brady’s career. Then just retire already dude.

All I can say is go Rams.

ETA: had to change my original post. Let myself get too worked up over a stupid game. But I am sick of the Patriots, as are 31 other fan bases.

Good comparison... those UCLA teams were cheaters too. LOL.

Need a stop here. F the patriots

It's like the the friggin' Yankees in the 40's and 50's... over and over and over

True, but more impressive since its being done in a league with a salary cap that has several measures in place to try to prevent the same teams to have success year in and year out (which has been pretty effective outside of the Patriots).

Whereas the Yankees could just buy their titles in the 40s and 50s

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
True, but more impressive since its being done in a league with a salary cap that has several measures in place to try to prevent the same teams to have success year in and year out (which has been pretty effective outside of the Patriots).

Whereas the Yankees could just buy their titles in the 40s and 50s

I don't think it's farfetched to say that it's the greatest accomplishment in sports history for reasons you've already pointed out. Doing this during the age of free agency and a salary cap is just f'ing ridiculous. Brady has taken less money and restructured his contracts to win Super Bowls. That's what separates him from QBs like Rodgers and Brees. I respect the guy because it's all about winning for him.

I don't think it's farfetched to say that it's the greatest accomplishment in sports history for reasons you've already pointed out. Doing this during the age of free agency and a salary cap is just f'ing ridiculous. Brady has taken less money and restructured his contracts to win Super Bowls. That's what separates him from QBs like Rodgers and Brees. I respect the guy because it's all about winning for him.
Yah - I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but it is CRAZY / AMAZING all the success they have had, with the only two real legit big-time constants have been Brady and Belichick. Maybe you could say Gronk, and always good kickers, but other than that, a lot of no-name or middle of the road (not superstars). Both Brady and Belichick are just strategic masterminds at creating better game plans, and locating and totally exploiting / exposing the other teams' weaknesses.

It doesn't hurt that they seem to get - ahem - fortunate calls along the way though, too. That game should've been over yesterday without a couple bad phantom calls.

oh well. Here's to the Pats being the first franchise to lose six Superbowls.

Heel yeah! LOL. Well, you gotta know that if you pull for teams like the Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, Patriots, Alabama, dook, etc. that you pull for a love / hate team. There's not much middle ground.

That being said, I really don't hate* the Pats. I can respect what they've done and wish like hell that my team could just win one damn SB before I croak. It's really more of being tired of seeing them in the SB, when I don't have a dog in the fight. Kinda like seeing Bama (and now Clemson) win all the NCAA titles, while the Heels keep sucking at football.

* I save all my real sports hate for dook

Reactions: uncboy10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT