ADVERTISEMENT

Now they want the Tar Heels name!

how are chunks of concrete (statues) a source of pain?

I can imagine it’s not particularly pleasant to live in a society that still glorifies people who fought for your ancestors to remain slaves.

Just because you don’t give a shit doesn’t mean that other people are wrong for caring.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
how are chunks of concrete (statues) a source of pain?
Possibly because they aren't really chunks of concrete. I don't think many of the statues are carved out of concrete. If they were reduced to mere chunks of concrete (or marble, or whatever they're made from), then I doubt it would bother anyone except maybe the white supremacists.

Reactions: uncboy10
Just because you don’t give a shit doesn’t mean that other people are wrong for caring.

It doesn’t make them wrong. But it makes them overly sensitive Nancy’s.

If they were reduced to mere chunks of concrete (or marble, or whatever they're made from), then I doubt it would bother anyone except maybe the white supremacists.

This, right here, is the problem. To suggest that anyone who respects the historical value of our country (good and bad) is a white supremacists is the exact kind of incendiary language that has polarized the nation. Good job.

We are all one.
God is in all of us.
George Carlin rules.
George Orwell too.

Reactions: cletusnow
It doesn’t make them wrong. But it makes them overly sensitive Nancy’s.

This, right here, is the problem. To suggest that anyone who respects the historical value of our country (good and bad) is a white supremacists is the exact kind of incendiary language that has polarized the nation. Good job.

We are all one.
God is in all of us.
George Carlin rules.
George Orwell too.
I don't think I "suggested" that at all. Respecting the historical value of our country... as vague and subjective as that is... doesn't have to include glorifying-- and memorializing--- the efforts of the very people who tried to destroy the country by separating from it permanently. Even the general of the army who led the rebellion advised against it. Especially when those efforts to glorify them took place simultaneously with the efforts to oppress and suppress the civil rights of the people who were set free as a result of having lost the war.

Thanks for mentioning George Carlin. @UNC '92 appreciates it, too. He doesn't "rule", but he had insightful anecdotes.

I don't think I "suggested" that at all.

Well, that's what you get for thinking. Because your statement definitely suggested such as you have more explicitly in the past.

Respecting the historical value of our country... as vague and subjective as that is... doesn't have to include glorifying-- and memorializing--- the efforts of the very people who tried to destroy the country by separating from it permanently.

I'm not glorifying it. Who says that's the purpose of the statue?

Especially when those efforts to glorify them took place simultaneously with the efforts to oppress and suppress the civil rights of the people who were set free as a result of having lost the war.

118140213_153031789752808_8777414965295103740_n.jpg

Well, that's what you get for thinking. Because your statement definitely suggested such as you have more explicitly in the past.
I purposely used "white supremacist" instead of racist because a person can exhibit racist views and perspectives and not be a white supremacist.

I purposely used "white supremacist" instead of racist because a person can exhibit racist views and perspectives and not be a white supremacist.

Just for clarity - you're saying that the only people who are upset about the tearing down of statues are white supremacists?

You're lying. That's no lie.
The link I provided has facts and factual accounts. You provided a meme from Imjustproudtobewhite.org that is more whitewash. I'll believe my lie, you believe yours.
Just for clarity - you're saying that the only people who are upset about the tearing down of statues are white supremacists?

I don't know who all is possibly upset by them coming down. I have no doubt that white supremacists are pissed off. I can tell you who isn't upset by it- black people.

My own mother and stepfather, and 99% of my family up in Prince George and Chesterfield counties are upset about it. My mom, at least, admits that she's racist as far as the statues are concerned. She's the product of a society and culture that taught her it was right to be superior to blacks. She lived in a time (from birth) that legally separated the races in all facets of public society, until she was 19 years old. She was raised in an area that glorified the losers of the war at just about every street corner. And... she'll get over it, too.

Last edited:
The link I provided has facts and factual accounts. You provided a meme from Imjustproudtobewhite.org that is more whitewash. I'll believe my lie, you believe yours.

I don't know who all is possibly upset by them coming down. I have no doubt that white supremacists are pissed off. I can tell you who isn't upset by it- black people.

My own mother and stepfather, and 99% of my family up in Prince George and Chesterfield counties are upset about it. My mom, at least, admits that she's racist as far as the statues are concerns. She's the product of a society and culture that taught her it was right to be superior to blacks. She lived in a time (from birth) that legally separated the races in all facets of public society, until she was 19 years old. She was raised in an area that glorified the losers of the war at just about every street corner. And... she'll get over it, too.

Sooooo,....is that a yes or no? Because you first insinuated that only white supremacists are upset about the statues coming down but now you seem to be walking it back - which is the right decision. But if you could, and I know you like to hear yourself talk (and read your own poasts), just answer with one word (yes or no).

Do you believe that white supremacists are the only ones upset about the tearing down of statues?

No, I didn't. In fact, I said "except maybe the white supremacists."

So that leaves the door open for white supremacists to not be upset, I reckon. But it still doesn't answer my question and I applaud your ability to avoid directly answering my question. But I'm bored with you now and don't feel like participating in this meaningless back and forth any longer.

So that leaves the door open for white supremacists to not be upset, I reckon. But it still doesn't answer my question and I applaud your ability to avoid directly answering my question. But I'm bored with you now and don't feel like participating in this meaningless back and forth any longer.
Your question is based on a fallacy that you created in your attempt to defend the interests of those people suffering from the loss of the statues. There's no answer to give because there's no legitimate question.

Are you upset that they are being taken down?

Your question is based on a fallacy that you created in your attempt to defend the interests of those people suffering from the loss of the statues. There's no answer to give because there's no legitimate question.

How is there no answer to give? I'm simply asking what is your belief. It's pretty easy, frankly. Watch this.

Yes.

Whoa...how did I do that? You asked me a yes/no question and I answered. I might be some sort of wizard to be able to pull that off.

Go ahead and ask the second question you want to ask.

Strum: "Are you a white supremacists?"

Terror Beard: "No". (whoa,...I did it again)

How is there no answer to give? I'm simply asking what is your belief.
I told you my belief. I'll reiterate it here, for the third time: "I doubt it would bother anyone except maybe the white supremacists." If white supremacists are upset, well, sorry. I hope it gets a lot worse for them, frankly. I don't think it's a good idea to make this country a place that white supremacists want to live.

And, I love how you try to write the follow-up script for me! It's interesting projection. I don't really care why it bothers you. It was sort of a rhetorical question.

I told you my belief. I'll reiterate it here, for the third time: "I doubt it would bother anyone except maybe the white supremacists." If white supremacists are upset, well, sorry. I hope it gets a lot worse for them, frankly. I don't think it's a good idea to make this country a place that white supremacists want to live.

I just said it bothers me and I’m not a white supremacists. Therefore, I’ve proved you wrong.

So, now with the new information you have, I’ll ask again:

Do you believe there are people other than white supremacists upset about the tearing down of statues?

I just said it bothers me and I’m not a white supremacists. Therefore, I’ve proved you wrong.

Do you believe there are people other than white supremacists upset about the tearing down of statues?
Easy there big fella, Strum once dated a black chick or maybe he knew one or passed by one or something. He knows a racist when he sees it.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010

How do I know you're not a white supremacist?

Posting garbage like this:
118140213_153031789752808_8777414965295103740_n.jpg

.. makes you look like a white supremacist. "But the women of the South were determined that their husbands, fathers, sons and brothers who fought so valiantly, and died so horribly, to defend them from barbaric invaders..." The barbaric invaders? You mean... The United States of America? That is precisely the Lost Cause bullshit that became the foundation for a century of revisionist history, indoctrination of Southern socity and oppression to blacks in the South, after Reconstruction.

You should start-up a new chapter of the UDC or join the SCV. Build some new monuments.

Reactions: uncboy10
Careful, that kind of talk implying that you don't have to be white to be a racist will get you called a racist real quick.

The whole racism = prejudice + power thing is the stupidest shit that I've ever heard.
My favorite is when you read off the exact definition of racism and then someone tries to tell you that the dictionary is racist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT