ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina basketball discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to play for a top program and you are sensitive to the words of a message board, you probably don't have the nuts to shoot a meaningful free throw in an average conference game, let alone in the final 4

Exactly. Keep in mind the people we're worried about scaring off are the players of the OAD variety... the ones that want to go to the NBA - fast.

If they're worried about what anonymous poasters on one of several college message boards say about them - they're gonna have a rude awakening when they go 1-9 shooting in the league and get torn a new @$$hole by the sports media. And those guys aren't anonymous - they'll remind you that you suck to your face in the post game interviews.

#massageboards

Somehow I don't think that was a typo. I think some poasters think our job as poasters is to massage the egos of players. It's ok Kennedy - you're not actually fat, and your vertical really is improving, we know you just haven't gotten the chance to break it out in a game yet. Nate - you still have a shot at the NBA man, you didn't single handedly blow that sweet 16 game against Wisconsin last year with your horrendous defense... that type of stuff can happen to anyone man!

Reactions: tarheel0910
Happy ending massage boards?
He said, "blow it."

MV5BNjU1MzEyMzQ4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzgxMjMyNw@@._V1_CR0,27,296,166_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Are you suggesting he'd like to fellate Joel Berry?

I always thought it was an admission that he was a bit.... premature.

As in... if JB had 5 "Blown Assists" that means that he had 5 plays in the game where he "Assisted" in getting this particular statkeeper to "blow".

(Have I gone too far here? I think I've gone too far here.)

I think I just crossed whatever line you set.

@BillyL you said on raider that PJ's cooled on us and it's a long shot for Wilkes.

What happened there? And what does Roy look for in these kids?

PJ's stock has risen in a big way in the past couple of months, my guess is he is looking past us and hoping to land at UK.

We're not a long shot for Wilkes, its more of the fact that others have made him a priority before we started some interest for him. So, Roy has some work to do, but, considering that the offer went out just last week and suddenly he has obtained an OV in just a matter of days is a great sign.

UCLA and Indiana may have an inside track here, but, that OV is so big. Getting the youngster on campus is half the battle, from there Roy can make up ground in a hurry. I will never count out our Coach if he can secure a visit, and no one ever should, good things happen for us when folks visit. we just have so much to offer and Roy connects very well with parents.

PJ's stock has risen in a big way in the past couple of months, my guess is he is looking past us and hoping to land at UK.

We're not a long shot for Wilkes, its more of the fact that others have made him a priority before we started some interest for him. So, Roy has some work to do, but, considering that the offer went out just last week and suddenly he has obtained an OV in just a matter of days is a great sign.

UCLA and Indiana may have an inside track here, but, that OV is so big. Getting the youngster on campus is half the battle, from there Roy can make up ground in a hurry. I will never count out our Coach if he can secure a visit, and no one ever should, good things happen for us when folks visit. we just have so much to offer and Roy connects very well with parents.

Well at least we're in definite running for Wilkes. He's got charm that's won many a recruit over.

Gary seems to think we'll land at least one of our targets, either Bamba, Washington, or Carter. I really don't see how. Does he just pull this shit out of his ass?

Gary seems to think we'll land at least one of our targets, either Bamba, Washington, or Carter. I really don't see how. Does he just pull this shit out of his ass?

He refuses to acknowledge we're out of any recruitment battle until the recruit fully commits to a different school. His track record hasn't been too good on these ones that he holds out hope for. Until Giles officially suits up for Duke in their first game, I think Gary will think we have a chance at having him pull a fast one and flip to UNC.

He refuses to acknowledge we're out of any recruitment battle until the recruit fully commits to a different school. His track record hasn't been too good on these ones that he holds out hope for. Until Giles officially suits up for Duke in their first game, I think Gary will think we have a chance at having him pull a fast one and flip to UNC.

He's just a pompous ass that doesn't want to face reality.

We're not getting Carter or Knox. Bamba is very unlikely. PJ has apparently cooled on us. Wilkes looks to be the best bet to pull in as a 3/4 that plays big along with Watson.

Just saw Kennedy Meeks at the Mellow Mushroom in uptown Charlotte. I've got bad news for @UNC71-00. I was hoping KM would order a salad but he got a calzone, which is basically a meat donut.
I was just there this weekend. I'm giving Meeks the benefit of the doubt here. You don't order salad at Mellow Mushroom. When you're at Mellow Mushroom, you go all out and gorge yourself, dammit.

Oh please. Gary is a moron of the highest order. He is no insider, has no information that isn't available on a million other web sites and even his guessing skills suck. It's simple, the dopes that follow his postings have already stated they are bored with nothing else to do in the offseason and could care less about accurate information. They just want to hear recruiting news; made up or otherwise. That's what you are dealing with over there.

Even gary himself knows he has nothing real to discuss and makes sure he prefaces his info with "take it for what it's worth" or "just throwing out what I heard here." This, of course, is the way a bullshiter ensures they save face from those who remind them how often they are wrong. And in contrary gary's case, that is most often.

I was just there this weekend. I'm giving Meeks the benefit of the doubt here. You don't order salad at Mellow Mushroom. When you're at Mellow Mushroom, you go all out and gorge yourself, dammit.
There's a Mellow near my new apartment with a cool, terraced patio seating area. I've been planning on going there as soon as my tonsils will let me eat pizza.

Mellow is an Atlanta-started franchise so there's a bunch of them around here.

And then he'll claim the kid's recruitment was dirty.
Or Roy decided that he really didn't want him after all.

makes sure he prefaces his info with "take it for what it's worth" or "just throwing out what I heard here."
Yep, he makes sure that he doesn't back himself into a corner. He might even through out a "we're in better standing than people would believe" or some crap like that. He goes just far enough so that he can say he was right or say he never said it was definite so he wasn't wrong.

Or Roy decided that he really didn't want him after all.

Yep, he makes sure that he doesn't back himself into a corner. He might even through out a "we're in better standing than people would believe" or some crap like that. He goes just far enough so that he can say he was right or say he never said it was definite so he wasn't wrong.

"I heard that we are very much back in it for Carter. Roy has a lot of ground to make up due to the junk and Chapel's negative recruiting, but I heard this directly from someone who knows the Carters. Take it for it's worth."

The f**k outta here asshole. If that nutsack knows people close to the Carters, then I'm the prince of Morocco.

Last edited:
Ya, I guess it's just that some of those guys are jonesing for any recruiting info at all - and don't really care about the validity. Of course, that's only if it's made up to make UNC appear in better position than they really are. Which I don't really understand, as I'd rather be pleasantly surprised when recruits commit here, as opposed to the let-down we've been getting when they commit elsewhere.

I'm surprised he gets so many bites on his wishy washy non-committal stuff though. It's essentially like saying: PJ will either A) commit to UNC - or B) commit elsewhere. Now don't quote me on this, but I really want him to commit here, so I think that's gonna happen.

Oh, haven't you heard? He's an Auburn fan when it comes to football. Real convenient that he doesn't pull for Auburn in basketball or pull for Carolina in football.

He's a pussy front-runner just like all the rest of our bb-onlies.
Does he post on the Auburn board?

Interesting. I read the executive summary and here are the quotes that jumped out at me. Emphasis added by me.

"The question is whether the matters raised by the ANOA meet the jurisdictional, procedural and substantive requirements of the NCAA constitution and bylaws—rules that govern athletics, not academic quality and oversight."

"This case involves core institutional issues—academic issues—not covered by the NCAA’s bylaws."

I haven't read it all by any means, but I scanned through the first 10 or 15 pages, and at first blush it seems to be a pretty bold response. They're challenging the NCAA's authority to rule on academic issues, and also challenging violations prior to 2010 based on the NCAA's 4-year statute of limitations. It does admit to issues and outline all of the policies and steps the university is taking to address them.

Hopefully now that all the cards are on the table, this is the part where UNC finally stands up for itself.

I haven't read it all by any means, but I scanned through the first 10 or 15 pages, and at first blush it seems to be a pretty bold response. They're challenging the NCAA's authority to rule on academic issues, and also challenging violations prior to 2010 based on the NCAA's 4-year statute of limitations. It does admit to issues and outline all of the policies and steps the university is taking to address them.

Hopefully now that all the cards are on the table, this is the part where UNC finally stands up for itself.
I just hope it's not interpreted as being too bold by the COI. You never know what they are going to do. With the media and other fan bases wanting us hammered UNC doesn't need to piss them off and tell them what their job is.

Our response to the ANOA has really got the Mooers riled up.

PackMan97
PackMan97.jpg

Hall of Fame Worthy
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
33702 posts this site
Re: NOA response to NCAA
2:18 PM

Nail their gosh darned balls to the wall. They are unprepentent cheaters.

It's about time to fire up an email to Athletic Director Debbie Yow and let her know that I will no longer be attending any competition with UNC. My seats will remain empty in protest. The tarheels should be removed from our schedule and if that is not possible we should either a) leave the ACC or b) forfeit all games with them.

18+ years where their athletes DID NOT ATTEND CLASS and they claim they did nothing wrong.

Eff them effers!
Live Free http://www.ouramericainitiative.com

Reactions: tarheel0910
Please let that happen! ^ lolol. Yow will read that email and think "God, I represent idiots."

Everyone knows Mooers suck. Everyone knows. I even read on a GT forum today that GT fans think Moo fans are the worst when it comes to attending road games. And the majority of GT posters who post on GT forums are dumbass, ABCer hillbillies who didn't go to Tech, and they STILL think MooU fans suck.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Do these morons not realize that forfeiting games against UNC gives the Heels an automatic W? And in the case of games played in Raleigh, safeguards our fans from being peed on or shot?

Sounds like a win-win to me.
Of course they don't realize that. They don't realize anything lol. They truly believe the N&O has failed to give this story enough media coverage. Let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT