ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina basketball discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope it's not interpreted as being too bold by the COI. You never know what they are going to do. With the media and other fan bases wanting us hammered UNC doesn't need to piss them off and tell them what their job is.

I sympathize with this sentiment. I would rather us keep our heads down and avoid any excuse for the NCAA to give us the hammer.

I'm not pulling punches with that guy. Not going to deliberately start trouble but I don't mind calling him out every now and then.
A little tale on insider info. I have a friend with connections to the Rocky Mount H.S. FB team so I asked him "where is Sherrod Geene going" and he says "Bama wants him and Saban is coming to visit". I say "all I am hearing is SoCar" based on CB picks. Well 2 days later he commits to SoCar just like the CB said. These recruiting guys aren't just guessing. They are talking to the players and many times young kids give it away without even knowing while they are talking. These recruiting guys do this for a living. I think I will follow their lead until the actual commit goes another way.

Ross Martin‏@Boss_Martin247
This was the defining statement from Bubba on why #UNC disagrees w/ the allegation of lack of institutional control.

Co4Fq-hWIAEnlYW.jpg

Haha see what I mean about this guy? It's not nice to make fun of special needs people, but anyway. This is in response to the executive summary of the ANOA response.

Gas since you are an attorney do you think you could translate that response so we common folk can understand it.:D OFC

Holy crap dude, that WAS the executive summary. Does he need the children's picture book version or something?

Haha see what I mean about this guy? It's not nice to make fun of special needs people, but anyway. This is in response to the executive summary of the ANOA response.

Holy crap dude, that WAS the executive summary. Does he need the children's picture book version or something?
short answer would be yes. I man he named a child "Sky". I hope I didn't step on any toes.

Reactions: BillyL and UNC '92

What else do you expect from a stuck up asshole like him?

I'll need to get G7's opinion first. :D

Seriously though, I would say it falls somewhere in the middle. It's true that there are some indications that recruiting may be picking up. Where the writer is being a little too optimistic is how much it is picking up. I'm not even going to think about getting a OAD player until it actually happens and I don't see it happening with this class.

Reactions: carolinablue34
Reactions: Raising Heel
From the "new 2017 post player" thread:

"But much like this board, UNC has been hot on multiple fronts by those wishing to take us down. You see how effective it has been by the tone of posters here, much more expectations of the worst rather than anticipation of great things. You see that to the extent that some get upset when someone trying to offer up positive hope that better times will come."

"But much like this board, UNC has been hot on multiple fronts by those wishing to take us down. You see how effective it has been by the tone of posters here, much more expectations of the worst rather than anticipation of great things. You see that to the extent that some get upset when someone trying to offer up positive hope that better times will come."

Oh god, this makes me want to vomit.

Good for you, step 1 was being able to quote what I said, step 2 is reading it to billy so he can understand it, think you can handle that.

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
Good for you, step 1 was being able to quote what I said, step 2 is reading it to billy so he can understand it, think you can handle that.
Wow! I figured some of you might hover on this thread, but not sure why you felt the need to come over here to make some snide ass remark. Thought you guys were too good for our clique. All I did was simply quote you. I didn't make my opinion known.

@BillyL You want to grab a bite to eat and go over his post or have you already eaten lunch? ;)

This is the one "which do I use?" that I can never f*cking figure out. I've defaulted to just always using "effect" which probably makes some people think of me the way I think of people when they mix up their/there/they're and your/you're.
As a general rule, "affect" is a verb and "effect" is a noun. So imposing a word limit would affect DSouthr's poasts, while imposing a logic requirement would have an effect on gary7's ability to poast.

/grammarlessonthreadjack

As a general rule, "affect" is a verb and "effect" is a noun. So imposing a word limit would affect DSouthr's poasts, while imposing a logic requirement would have an effect on gary7's ability to poast.

/grammarlessonthreadjack
I'll go with @coolwaterunc suggestion and just avoid the words. I can't be bothered by trying to remember things like that. ;)

This is the one "which do I use?" that I can never f*cking figure out. I've defaulted to just always using "effect" which probably makes some people think of me the way I think of people when they mix up their/there/they're and your/you're.
Grammar school is in session.

Effect is a noun. Affect is a verb. They are called sound effects, but a bad microphone can affect sound quality.

That's basically it. And when you're using it as an adjective, it's always 'effective.' 'Affective' is a different word that means 'to cause emotion or feeling' such as "The beautiful piece of art was poignant and affective."

ETA: oh........JuleZ already provided an explanation. Didn't see that. My deepest apologies to the board.

Reactions: Raising Heel
@BillyL You want to grab a bite to eat and go over his post or have you already eaten lunch? ;)[/QUOTE]

I just now finished lunch, 0910 . . thank-you for the tag, good sir.

I'm beginning to think that Davey-boy has some serious mental problems to deal with, its evident that he's likely had some mommy-issues growing up, some folks just can't cut loose the umbilical cord.
The emotional meltdown displayed over on Raider was of epic proportions, he just simple lacks the ability to control himself, and that speaks volumes about him IMO.

Let's review this assclown's recent reactive posts over on that now locked thread :

I posted this @ 9:10 PM Monday, and I quoted no one in doing so :

The concern with Platek is more that he has a lower release point than a slow release. If, left open he'll hit a lot of his shots, but, if a defender can stay close to him, getting a clean shot off becomes much more difficult.

To which Gary-7 immediately followed up with & quoted me:

"That is more accurate. Like many kids who start young he still releases somewhat low. Not Wes Miller low --- more Bobby Frasor low. That being said his stroke is more compact and thus more consistent than Bobby's, and watching him live I can tell you, because of his aforementioned fundamentals, a defender better close out fast when he decides to shoot --- that ball is on its way to the hoop with no wasted motion."

Nothing wrong with that post, and do keep in mind that the Southr follows G-7 around like an 11 year old with a boy-crush on his best friend, so, you know he must have read it.

Yesterday morning, Write-a-Book quotes the same message Gary did :

"LOLOLOL "but, if a defender can stay close to him, getting a clean shot off becomes much more difficult." ? Ya think? Ya mean if a defender can stay close to a shooter it makes the shot harder? Who knew, well this totally changes the game doesn't it? :confused: "

My response was this :

Was it really that funny . . ? I'd respond a little further Davey, but, then you'd get all flustered and have to email your mommy for help.

#assclownpost

Shortly after, Moderator Mikey interjects his thoughts regarding my post :

"Have to agree with you. Bout a half stupid post Dave! Guess we all make em. :cool: "

One would think that mommy's little boy would have gotten the hint and would just leave it alone. Instead he boldly goes where no sane man would with this retort first thing this AM after eating his third bowl of Froot Loops :

"Hey lil billy, what words of wisdom would you like to share with us next, the fact that water is wet?

Whats wrong lil billy, get bored sucking your thumb so ya wanted to try to join a grown ups conversation and I call you on saying something silly? These to many words for ya to read all at one time, maybe you can get one of your boys to read them to ya."

Is that some weak-ass BS or what . . ?

4 minutes after his post JuleZ replies :

"Petty."

Immediately, Mikey quotes JuleZ and posts :

"YES!

You 2 use the private message to air this out, not here in public view."

I'm typing out this response and missed ModMikey's post . .

"Yet another #ASSCLOWNPOST from a long-winded bag of hot air.

Just stop it, Davey-boy . . you are only embarrassing yourself further."

Mikey posts : "And for the last time!"

Southr continues on with his personal attack ignoring the mod's request/direction :

"I don't know what has inspired you to become a total jerk and I don't care. I have treated you in the past respectfully and yet for some reason you have felt the need to be a jerk. You prove with every word how silly and and petty you can be. Grown man that has to revert to hash tag nonsense, what are you 12?

I don't know what happened to you billy, that dropped you off the deep end, you used to be at least a decent poster. But it is as if you have separated from sanity and really, seems like you need professional help."

My last post on that thread :

"Apparently, somebody didn't notice the moderator's two requests to stop with the personal attacks."

Now, he has come over to OOTB and evidently feels the need to slight me yet again :

Davey boy, I'm sorry for all the butthurt you've brought onto yourself . . please seek some help . .

images

Last edited:
I'd be remiss if I didn't point out the exception to this rule. Effect can be a verb, but it's a totally different meaning than the 'effect' that we all typically use, meaning impact or result. Effect the verb means "to cause to come into being." The only time you really see this verb used is in a sentence that goes something like ".....and the new law will effect change...." meaning the new law will cause changes to come into being.

English is confusing.

Wow! I figured some of you might hover on this thread, but not sure why you felt the need to come over here to make some snide ass remark. Thought you guys were too good for our clique. All I did was simply quote you. I didn't make my opinion known.

@BillyL You want to grab a bite to eat and go over his post or have you already eaten lunch? ;)

You are welcome to your clique but enough with the nonsense. I have tried to discuss and be civil with every one in your clique but you don't seem to be able to handle discussion. Best I can tell all you seem able and willing to do is tear someone else down and the sad part is you do that even if there is no disagreement.

Is that all you and your clique are about? Do you not understand that you are tearing this entire site down, is that what you want?

You are welcome to your clique but enough with the nonsense. I have tried to discuss and be civil with every one in your clique but you don't seem to be able to handle discussion. Best I can tell all you seem able and willing to do is tear someone else down and the sad part is you do that even if there is no disagreement.

Is that all you and your clique are about? Do you not understand that you are tearing this entire site down, is that what you want?

STFU

Reactions: UNC '92

You got it backwards, that's what gary and the rest of you are doing.

I never had a problem with you dave, your posts were essay length, but that was certainly forgivable.

Now you come on here picking a fight? Take a giant step back and quit being a prick.

Reactions: sgrooms and UNC '92

Like I said all I did was quote you. I didn't give my opinion, so I find it odd that you got all pissy about that. I actually don't think I have ever gotten into a personal argument with you. Why you feel the need to all of a sudden attack me because you are upset about what other people said to you is beyond me.

The cynic in me wants to think that you are purposely trying to start an argument with posters in this thread hoping that the mods will lock it. If that is your plan then there is no reason to respond to me. I'm not interested in the back and forth. Have a happy hump day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT