ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Rock Band Tournament Championship

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
The championship matchup is here! It’s time to cast your vote to see who becomes the OOTB Greatest Rock Band. I’ll give a brief summary of the matchup and my pick in a spoiler warning. You have until midnight on Wednesday to place your vote. Here we go.

1 Led Zeppelin vs 1 Beatles

Zeppelin didn’t struggle much on their way here. They took down the Allman Brothers, Soundgarden, Nirvana, the Rolling Stones and Metallica by an average of 8 votes per round. The Beatles beat out Dave Matthews Band, CCR, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty and David Bowie to make it to the final matchup. This might be the first time they’ve been matched up here, but Zeppelin has beaten the Beatles before. In 1973 Zeppelin sold 56,800 tickets to one of their shows, which broke the record of 55,000 tickets sold by the Beatles in 1965. Can Zeppelin repeat or will the Beatles take back their crown?

Both of these bands are deserving of the championship. I probably enjoy Zeppelin’s music more, but the Beatles have had such an outsized influence on music that I just can’t ignore. My vote goes to the Beatles.

A great finals match-up IMO. Also, great job @tarheel0910 !

My vote: The Beatles

On any given day, I would probably listen to Zeppelin before I listened to the Beatles. However, I still go back to thier influence, and creativity (please don’t only dwell on the mop-top, “She Loves You, Yeah” Beatles). Once they quit touring and focused on what they could do in the studio, I find their music much more interesting. Listen to Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Peppers (keeping in mind this was 50 years ago), and I’m sure you’ll appreciate them more.

Both of these bands suck. Where's Nickelback and Creed?
They're in the back.

DVD_Blu-ray_350x200.jpg

Alright, so my mom's birthday is in a couple of weeks and she loves the Beatles, so for that reason, I will place my vote to the Beatles.

That's the only reasoning I could come up with. They still suck, though.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I’ve done a complete 180 on this tournament. Is it too late for me to submit votes for each round?

Alright guys, we have a champion. By a count of 9-7, the winner of the OOTB Rock Band championship is....

f6a6e81f6b9b6ec5e22fe9f1fd7e4be8.640x339x1.jpg

I forgot to upload the OSM last night. I'll do it when I get back home. This will give you ample opportunity to complain about the winner and decide what the next tournament will be.

I’m going to assume this message was directed at me because you said I was the only person complaining.
No, it was directed at everyone. After extensive scientific study of previous OOTB tournaments, I have found that people who voted for the losing band tend to complain about it.

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT