ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitng class of 2016

DL Caleb Tillman of Dothan, AL was a Mississippi St commit. Now he may be leaning to UNC. Some see him at DL, and others at DE. I like the possibilities.

DL Caleb Tillman of Dothan, AL was a Mississippi St commit. Now he may be leaning to UNC. Some see him at DL, and others at DE. I like the possibilities.
He seems a little light for a DT but I heard the staff was looking for a guy who could be interchangeable,

He seems a little light for a DT but I heard the staff was looking for a guy who could be interchangeable,
I think that is exactly what Ole Miss, Miss St, UK, Louisville, and GT have seen in him. He might be that guy who is the big DE and the smaller DT - move him around.

Saw where divine deablo committed to the hokies. I hope we can flip him before NSD. If not then next

Saw where divine deablo committed to the hokies. I hope we can flip him before NSD. If not then next
Don't understand that one. You got an old coach and a boring offense. When he didn't show for the "freak Show" it was a bad sign.

Any offensive recruit who commits to VT is making a very curious decision, to put it kindly.
That is the rule - but then see Bucky Hodges. That kid could play a dozen years or more in the NFL, maybe making Pro Bowl at TE.

But I think VT brought him in at QB.

The Hokies do seem to confuse QB's and TE's :)

#LoganThomas
Beamer thinking: Here's a guy 6-6 who will play at 255-265 and be strong as a Clydesdale. He has good hands and could block a top DE or DT as well as LB. But I think he's a true QB.

No wonder the VT offense is usually anemic. I bet Frank did not want Hodges moved, and I also bet that the former OC Stinespring would have kept Hodges at QB.

No. 1 5* TE Isaac Nauta has decomitted from FSU and UGa is now considered the front runner. Think Walston might have some regrets? This Nauta guy has been compared to Gronk.

No. 1 5* TE Isaac Nauta has decomitted from FSU and UGa is now considered the front runner. Think Walston might have some regrets? This Nauta guy has been compared to Gronk.
UGA could take both -- they like to think of themselves as tight end U. Plus they run a pro-set, so both would see time. But yeah, I guess it could turn Walston's head a bit but I'm not going to get excited for two reasons:

1). Walston is a throwback, based on everything I've read about him. It's going to take a lot for him to re-open his recruiting.
2). I'm fairly sure this Nauta first started expressing interest in UGA the week before Walston committed to UGA, so it's not as if Walston is totally clueless to this being a possibility.

And frankly, yes I'd love to have Walston on board but you have to wonder about a recruit who de-commits because he feels threatened by other incoming recruits. I look at it like the Ronnie Harrison situation. People were hopeful he'd flip back to Carolina because of Alabama's stout DB roster and incoming class of DB's.........but I didn't want that. I respected RH's confidence in himself that he'd prevail, regardless of who else was on the roster. JMO

UGA could take both -- they like to think of themselves as tight end U. Plus they run a pro-set, so both would see time. But yeah, I guess it could turn Walston's head a bit but I'm not going to get excited for two reasons:

1). Walston is a throwback, based on everything I've read about him. It's going to take a lot for him to re-open his recruiting.
2). I'm fairly sure this Nauta first started expressing interest in UGA the week before Walston committed to UGA, so it's not as if Walston is totally clueless to this being a possibility.

And frankly, yes I'd love to have Walston on board but you have to wonder about a recruit who de-commits because he feels threatened by other incoming recruits. I look at it like the Ronnie Harrison situation. People were hopeful he'd flip back to Carolina because of Alabama's stout DB roster and incoming class of DB's.........but I didn't want that. I respected RH's confidence in himself that he'd prevail, regardless of who else was on the roster. JMO

Didn't we also make a big push for Nauta?

A pass based spread can use 2 TEs often - if at least 1 of them is faster and/or quicker and/or runs better routes and/or has better hands than the average college TE. I say that if you use 3 WRs, you need at least 1 of them to be big, as in at least 6-4. If you have mobile TEs, you can get that receiver size by playing 2TEs.

As for UGA TEs in this class, in addition to Walston, the Dawgs also have a commitment from 4* TE (6-5 230) Charlie Woerner. Nauta would make 3 major TE commits in the same class.

I'd say that is overkill on UGA's part, and stupid for at least 1 of the commits.

^^^^^ Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please!
Campbell is exactly the player we need to commit now. He can be All-ACC at DT and then spend a nice career in the NFL. To win the ACC, we must sign linemna of his talent, enough for an experienced 2-deep.

Campbell is exactly the player we need to commit now. He can be All-ACC at DT and then spend a nice career in the NFL. To win the ACC, we must sign linemna of his talent, enough for an experienced 2-deep.

Fingers crossed hoping he just on board

Tenn, stole Carlin Fils-Aime out from under the Canes. It's Jordon Brown or bust for us now I guess.

Tenn, stole Carlin Fils-Aime out from under the Canes. It's Jordon Brown or bust for us now I guess.
If told we could have only 1 from between Kyree Campbell and Carlin Fils-Aime, I wold take Campbell.

I expected Fils-Aime to be a Cane. Hopefully, the Vawls will see another round of violent criminals caught, ruining their season and next year and the year after.

WE also have interest from McIntosh of Fort Lauderdale. He is rated a little higher nationally than Brown.

re: Caleb Tillman, all I can say is y'all need to spring for premium because THI staff is all over this kid's recruitment.
He committed to Louisville. I would say it was as much Grantham as Petrino.

We are running out of options, unless we flip somebody. We badly need Campbell, and then we could take Marlon Dunlap of Charlotte West. He is probably a 5 year guy, but that is OK. As I've noted of the probable top 6DTs on this 2015 team, only 1 is a senior and none is a junior. So with 5 returning and Campbell, we will have experienced depth and quality at DT in 2016.

We are running out of options, unless we flip somebody. We badly need Campbell, and then we could take Marlon Dunlap of Charlotte West. He is probably a 5 year guy, but that is OK. As I've noted of the probable top 6DTs on this 2015 team, only 1 is a senior and none is a junior. So with 5 returning and Campbell, we will have experienced depth and quality at DT in 2016.
K. Campbell is committing next week and you don't need premium info to know it looks very favorable for the Heels. That will be a BIG pickup if he does choose Carolina.

ETA: And yes, I'm very surprised Tillman committed to UofL. That came out of nowhere. His recruitment has been a bit odd.

If told we could have only 1 from between Kyree Campbell and Carlin Fils-Aime, I wold take Campbell.

I expected Fils-Aime to be a Cane. Hopefully, the Vawls will see another round of violent criminals caught, ruining their season and next year and the year after.

WE also have interest from McIntosh of Fort Lauderdale. He is rated a little higher nationally than Brown.
Campbell over Fils--Aime? I'm damn sure with you there!

K. Campbell is committing next week and you don't need premium info to know it looks very favorable for the Heels. That will be a BIG pickup if he does choose Carolina.

ETA: And yes, I'm very surprised Tillman committed to UofL. That came out of nowhere. His recruitment has been a bit odd.
Are we still in for Colon?

Are we still in for Sulaiman Kamara , Christian Colon as well as Shug Frazier and Timothy Horne who I have seen us mentioned with? Do they have commitables? .

It always kinda has been JB or bust, to be honest.

I cannot answer as to if the offers are commitable or not for the DLmen you mentioned. I wouldn't expect us to have to wait too much longer to find out how the staff is gonna play it, though.

Are we still in for Colon?

Are we still in for Sulaiman Kamara , Christian Colon as well as Shug Frazier and Timothy Horne who I have seen us mentioned with? Do they have commitables? .
Colon committed to Penn St.

We're still in it for Kamara, but a number of people think he is a Penn St lean. But PSU already has 3 DT commits for the class.

I think we are in the top 5 for Shug Frazier, but I don't think anybody thinks he is leaning UNC.

Colon committed to Penn St.

We're still in it for Kamara, but a number of people think he is a Penn St lean. But PSU already has 3 DT commits for the class.

I think we are in the top 5 for Shug Frazier, but I don't think anybody thinks he is leaning UNC.
Colon to Ped St. I knew that ....senior moment.

UNC WR target Phillip Patterson has committed to VT. Did he and Deablo not see the VT-WF game last year?

Kyree Campbell has just visited UNC again and now says he will announce on Monday.

It means the visit sealed the deal: either for UNC or against us. I favor the former, especially as his mama and grandmama finally got to see the UNC campus.

We will find out tomorrow at 1pm. Keeping my heels crossed.

We will find out tomorrow at 1pm. Keeping my heels crossed.

We need Campbell, not because we will be thin next year DT - we will be much more experienced than we will be this season. We need Campbell to be the bell cow recruit on D for this class and to be ready to fight to make the 2-deep in 2017.

Reactions: ACokeForRoy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT