ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Confederate Removals?

2 questions:

1 - Do you believe if the tables were turned and whites were the minority, blacks would be oppressing whites?

2 - Do you believe that oppression will happen whenever and wherever there are multiple races and one is the majority?

To your first point, are we to assume Europe and Africa flip their histories? Africans colonized the New World and imported Europeans as slaves? Then those European slaves had the same history as African American slaves?

I'd say things would probably be the same just flip the people in power.

To your second point, historically I'd say yes. But most of the world has woken up and moved away from subjugating certain races.

To your first point, are we to assume Europe and Africa flip their histories? Africans colonized the New World and imported Europeans as slaves? Then those European slaves had the same history as African American slaves?

Ok. I think we've found something we agree on.

To your second point, historically I'd say yes. But most of the world has woken up and moved away from subjugating certain races.

Name a country - of significant population - where there are multiple races living together where none of the races feel as if they are being oppressed.

I took it as more of a rhetorical point than a legit question. Obviously there's no right or wrong answer, so I reckon the answer to life, the universe, and everything is as good as any.

image.png

I'm defending free speech, you nitwit. You said repeatedly that violence is justified in response to the speech of others- I've posted your quotes- and you're too weak and have no argument so you walk it back and claim you never said it. It's sad that this whole thing is too complex for your underdeveloped intellect to grasp. You're not even smart enough to be having this conversation, which you have proven repeatedly, so I'm done with you.

You're a fu#$ing idiot. Providing the context of my statements is not walking them back. Maybe in your tiny little brain you can take quotes out of context to misrepresent someone's position, but out here in the real world that shit doesn't work.

You're a fu#$ing idiot. Providing the context of my statements is not walking them back. Maybe in your tiny little brain you can take quotes out of context to misrepresent someone's position, but out here in the real world that shit doesn't work.
You are the largest ignoramus I have encountered in many years walking this planet. And thanks for the verification of my earlier statement that you're not smart enough to be having this conversation, you festering infected pimple on the a$$ of humanity.

Ok. I think we've found something we agree on.

Name a country - of significant population - where there are multiple races living together where none of the races feel as if they are being oppressed.

I see where you are going with this. There's no experiment in the world like the US. Doesn't mean we have to accept subjugation of the minorities.

Great movie. Even better book.

Without question, slavery was wrong! But there have been slavesthroughout history. How many times do you see slaves mentioned in the Bible? Slave masters are entreated to treat to them humanely.

I am a son of the south. These are my ancestors that are being torn down and illegally removed ... this is just as wrong today as slavery was 150 yrs ago.

Thank God that A. Lincoln got it right!

Without question, slavery was wrong! But there have been slavesthroughout history. How many times do you see slaves mentioned in the Bible? Slave masters are entreated to treat to them humanely.

I am a son of the south. These are my ancestors that are being torn down and illegally removed ... this is just as wrong today as slavery was 150 yrs ago.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Without question, slavery was wrong! But..

No "But". Slavery was (is) wrong. We agree on that.

Your ancestors were traitors and fought for a rebellion that was OK with slavery. They should not be honored. Deal with it.

Although the "as wrong as slavery" is pretty funny and makes me think you are just trolling. If so, good job.

CC

That has to be the most absurd assertion I've ever seen made on this board. Tearing down statues of people who *seceded and fought for the right to own* slaves is just as wrong as slavery itself? Wow. You really should go back and read a history book if you believe that.

Removing a statue does not hurt anyone at the end of the day. This is the ultimate irony from the right. They bitch about "snowflakes" then whinge about statues being taken down. I wonder how many of the right whingers who are defending these confederate statues would fight equally hard to protect a statue of MLK or Rosa Parks... I think we all know how small of a percentage that would be. And why.

*edited for accuracy

Last edited:
Reactions: SorryNotSorry

In this context, what do you make of what is happening in South Africa and Zimbabwe, where whites are a minority, and they are having their land seized by the government and given to blacks? Many of the ones that aren't; having their land seized by the government are being attacked and killed, and their farms stolen. The government in Zimbabwe recently announced that they would not ever pursue criminal charges against those blacks that murder white farmers and their families. So in Zimbabwe, majority blacks are essentially being given permission to slaughter minority white farmers and steal their land with no fear of repercussions.

Last edited:
In this context, what do you make of what is happening in South Africa and Zimbabwe, where whites are a minority, and they are having their land seized by the government and given to blacks? Many of the ones that aren't; having their land seized by the government are being attacked and killed, and their farms stolen. The government in Zimbabwe recently announced that they would not ever pursue criminal charges against those blacks that murder white farmers and their families. So in Zimbabwe, majority blacks are essentially being given permission to slaughter minority white farmers and steal their land with no dear of repercussions.
I don't know anything about it to comment intelligently. Link for my education?

Your ancestors were traitors and fought for a rebellion that was OK with slavery. They should not be honored. Deal with it.

Although the "as wrong as slavery" is pretty funny and makes me think you are just trolling. If so, good job.

Hey Chuck ... What about your ancestors? Those who brought forth an asshole like you?

You have no right calling my ancestors traitors! My ancestors were landowners, not slave owners!
You're just another liberal scum .... you probably had no ancestors at all, which makes you simply just a liberal bastard!
Go crawl back into your ole ... yeah, your own a_$$$hole! You stink, Chuck .... you own this one, big turd!

And don't call me a troll, you fing lizard! I've been around a lot longer than your slimy face .... I knew the Heels long before you were even thought of!!!
CC

CC

Hey Chuck ... It's your ancestors who look foolish now ..... those which brought forth an asshole like you!
Tearing down statues is illegal. Slavery is illegal ... but it's not illegal for you to post like a turd! Crawl back into your own a$$ hole .... You stink, liberal shit!!! I

You have no right calling my ancestors traitors! My ancestors were landowners, not slave owners!
You're just another liberal scum .... you probably had no ancestors at all, which makes you simply just a liberal bastard!
Go crawl back into your ole ... yeah, your own a_$$$hole! You stink, Chuck .... you own this one, big turd!

And don't call me a troll, you fing lizard! I've been around a lot longer than your slimy face .... I knew the Heels long before you were even thought of!!!
There's a lot to unpack here.

Hey Chuck ... It's your ancestors who look foolish now ..... those which brought forth an asshole like you!
Tearing down statues is illegal. Slavery is illegal ... but it's not illegal for you to post like a turd! Crawl back into your own a$$ hole .... You stink, liberal shit!!! I

Wanna ease off the crack there, bud?

Reactions: tarheel0910
Removing a statue does not hurt anyone at the end of the day. This is the ultimate irony from the right. They bitch about "snowflakes" then whinge about statues being taken down.

I do agree that the right is beginning to whine almost as much as the snowflakes on the left they're always complaining about - I guess it's a "if you can't beat em join em" type thing.

My counter would be that keeping the statues up doesn't hurt anyone either. But ultimately, I'd rather just not have to discuss it anymore, whether the statues stay or go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT