ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Baylor game thread—-Saturday 19 March 2022

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
One hour till show time and hopefully like the O K corral the Tar Heels will come out with all guns a blazing. I have seen the Baylor Bears several times this season on tv and they are a handful both offensively and defensively.

On offense as they did last year on their trek to the top of the mountain they basically play four guards who can all shoot the rock and sometimes they will have five shooters on the floor. They are very competitive and tough on the offensive glass as well.

Defense they are a in your face man to man tight defense. They create a bunch of turnovers which results in easy baskets the other way.

The Bears will be missing some of their key players especially their leading scorer and great point guard but they have others who have stepped up. Because of their injuries their bench like Carolinas is pretty thin but they have a ton of experience and start three seasoned seniors. The one white forward for Baylor reminds me a bunch like Manek who can shoot, drive and cause opponents crazy with his overall game.

To me the entire contest will come down to whoever controls the tempo of the game and can UNC’s inexperienced players in March Madness withstand a early tornado from the very experienced Baylor team. I expect the first ten minutes will tell how this game will go.Either way “Give em Hell Heels”.

Davis great pass to Bacot who is fouled going up for a shot in the lane as we come to the first tv break. Black and Manek have yet to attempt a shot from the field…

Styles a freshman turnover leads to a Bear basket but then Bacot again followed by Brown scoring a left handed layup over Styles. Right before the 3rd tv break Davis is fouled going to the Hole. With Puff and a styles on the court Manek is getting his first rest of the half.

Bench guys getting taken 1 on 1 by tough matchups. Sochan on puff in particular. Puff backed way off the second time and that seemed to work better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT