ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Baylor game thread—-Saturday 19 March 2022

You can't blame Baylor. The refs were telling them it was okay and even rewarding them with turnovers. They'd be stupid not to do it in that scenario.
I have to agree. Baylor was taking advantage of the way the game calls suddenly changed. And it definitely changed into brawl ball. We need another enforcer like Steve Bucknall. That kid was another Charles Oakley.
Great game by Styles in OT and give Mckoy credit, he knocked down some big FT’s there at the end.
So proud of what this team has accomplished and how they are growing before my eyes.
what a game and Go Heels. And congrats to the Hubs. He was always under control on the bench and did all he could to make the right adjustments. He is certainly being baptized under fire.

I really disliked Hubert's TO at the end of regulation. We were having so much trouble inbounding the ball and you call timeout and make us have to inbound again. And, whatever the plan was on that play was wtf.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Big time win! Some pretty crappy basketball in the last 10 minutes of regulation (I won't blame the refs, we played like hot garbage). The W was what matters though!

It’ll get lost in the shuffle but Styles 3 to open overtime was as big of a shot as I’ve seen. The team needed that one in the worst way.
That was a HUGE HUGE HUGE make and he didn't hesitate to take it! Tell ya now, Styles stepped up huge today and I thought McKoy really stepped up big. I was screaming at my TV, put Puff in for McKoy but McKoy did help us when we absolutely needed someone to.

I really disliked Hubert's TO at the end of regulation. We were having so much trouble inbounding the ball and you call timeout and make us have to inbound again. And, whatever the plan was on that play was wtf.
Agreed. Should at least try to get a closer shot.

Agreed. Should at least try to get a closer shot.
Yeah, same. And to be fair I would have hated it regardless of the result… we struggled to inbound the ball for the last 8 minutes, got it inbounded, came across backcourt and called a timeout so we could… inbound it again?

I also would just rather try something against a scramble defense but whatever. Maybe Hubert wanted to make sure we got the last shot, who knows.

Reactions: gauchoheel
That was a HUGE HUGE HUGE make and he didn't hesitate to take it! Tell ya now, Styles stepped up huge today and I thought McKoy really stepped up big. I was screaming at my TV, put Puff in for McKoy but McKoy did help us when we absolutely needed someone to.
WHAT? How many times did he throw the inbounds pass away?

How was Maneks elbow more deliberate and judged flagrant 2 than Suckhans figure 4 leg lock on both Bacots legs/ankles. That guy, Suckhan is a legit dookie.

How was Maneks elbow more deliberate and judged flagrant 2 than Suckhans figure 4 leg lock on both Bacots legs/ankles. That guy, Suckhan is a legit dookie.
He is a nasty guy. But like Old_School59 says above, the refs called it that way and Baylor took advantage. If the refs had been worth goose excrement, they'd have called enough fouls on rough Baylor play that Manek never would have gotten that frustrated as key Bears got to 4 fouls and had to sit.

Question:. Why did Mccoy get all those stretch minutes when we needed another shooter? I was thinking Puff would have gotten more burn down the stretch.

Surprised Walton never saw the court when we needed FT shooters on the floor.
Baylor was way to quick for Walton, he played more minutes today than I wanted him to (and yes I realize he did not play at all) LOL !

It’s an easy excuse why they came back. Without Manek and Love, it wasn’t easy but we really fought hard and proved a lot in OT!
Well, we only lasted as long as we did in regulation because of the gigantic 25 point lead that Manek help to cultivate.

The bench players made a lot of mistakes, Bacots missed FTs hurt, too... but the refs lost total control of that game. Brady Manek should NOT have been ejected. That decision should result in referee suspensions.

Sohan Sohan (reference for baby boomers) is a player I despise.
Yeah and what I really hate is that kid is really talented, he did not have to play that dirty, I really think he was told to go out there and play overtly aggressive even if he hurt someone badly. I don't blame the kid or his coaches, I blame the refs for allowing it.

Yeah and what I really hate is that kid is really talented, he did not have to play that dirty, I really think he was told to go out there and play overtly aggressive even if he hurt someone badly. I don't blame the kid or his coaches, I blame the refs for allowing it.
He seemed to enjoy playing dirty, and he was doing it often. I dunno how talented he is, but the pink hair is fancy.

They were facing elimination with nothing to lose and decided to try and rattle us with physical play and pressing and it worked. Add the fact the refs seemed in over their heads and were totally incompetent to deal with it. We can count on facing a lot of press in the future so hope we work on it.

Just wanna give a shout out to the bench. Way to step up when you were called upon. Big time. I hope this propels us onto much bigger things in this tournament.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
CBS SPORTS NETWORK
CHANNEL 315
SPECTRUM CH
2022 TOURNAMENT REBOUND

There have been several NCAAT game replays [already one of UNC vs BAYLOR], and seemingly another on 3.23 @ 1 AM. Several listings without details: 2022 Tournament Rebound, so maybe record several?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT