ADVERTISEMENT

What do people honestly learn....

Grayhead

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2006
From media driven court cases? Every one I've even paid half attention to has been a circus. Honestly, I've never followed one from beginning to the end. Never will, unless i have some vested interest in it. But I see another town may burn with a not so popular verdict.

From media driven court cases? Every one I've even paid half attention to has been a circus. Honestly, I've never followed one from beginning to the end. Never will, unless i have some vested interest in it. But I see another town may burn with a not so popular verdict.
I would like to think that at some point, people would learn that the media needs to be reigned in. But I doubt that ever happens, because someone will raise a cry over 'freedom of the press' and the herd won't understand that they're being sold another load of bullshit, as usual.

Ya, I pay attention to some of the high profile ones, for the circus of it (Whitey Bulger, Aaron Hernandez, etc.).

But the media coverage of these is for entertainment purposes only. This gets dangerous in some of the more politically charged cases where the media presentation of the case has a clear tilt, and the people consuming the presentation don't realize that.

Reactions: Archer2
Ya, I pay attention to some of the high profile ones, for the circus of it (Whitey Bulger, Aaron Hernandez, etc.).

But the media coverage of these is for entertainment purposes only. This gets dangerous in some of the more politically charged cases where the media presentation of the case has a clear tilt, and the people consuming the presentation don't realize that.
AKA MSNBC and CNN cutting away after the prosecution's final argument and not airing the defense......

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
AKA MSNBC and CNN cutting away after the prosecution's final argument and not airing the defense......
I haven't had time to catch that originally or follow-up. Did that actually happen or are you just using that as an example of the typical bias they present?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT