ADVERTISEMENT

Why bother......

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
Playing the tourney at this point as " J Will" as he calls himself, alongwith Coach Greenberg ,have already crowned Uconn the Champs. Uconn is an immovable force , a freight train rolling down the track and nothing and no one can stop it. They are unstoppable and their coach is fantastic...hey He is a very good coach but a complete ahole imo...but nevertheless forget about anyone other than the Huskies cutting down the nets. There..these two guys have saved us all a lot of time and emotional energy.

Game before last Houston looked near un-beatable and yesterday they had to go to OT to take out A&M?

Uconn is a really good team, they beat us early but they should have considering how many additions we were having to integrate and they returned a lot of their natty team. Danny Hurley has done a great job with his team, give him credit for that. But they do not look un-beatable to me, nor does Purdue, and clearly Houston is mortal after yesterday.

Bottom line is this tourney is WIDE OPEN, most of the sweet 16 teams can win it all.

IMG-7778.gif

Can’t stand the guy, but I wouldn’t complain if he was on my side. Hurley isn't everyone's cup of tea. He may come off as a bit manic, arrogant, and brusque. However, in an era where many coaches prioritize a superficially appealing culture that collapses under pressure, Hurley appears to grasp the essence of college basketball. This doesn't guarantee UConn's success again—many formidable teams have faltered near the end—but few teams have seemed as poised for back-to-back triumphs since Florida achieved it in 2006 and 2007.

Just the name, Hurley, makes me want to puke, but I respect what he has accomplished! They don't appear unbeatable to me and I agree that this year is pretty wide open with several teams having a great shot to cut the nets!

Thankfully, Our Tar Heels have as good a shot as anyone this year!

I don't think the field is as wide open as it was last year. I would be somewhat surprised if UConn or Purdue aren't playing for the title.

They did lose 3x this season and nothing is guaranteed. They play at a really slow tempo. Usually, teams that play at that slow tempo are vulnerable. They were 199th in tempo last year. They're in the 300's this season.

They had some good fortune last year. Arkansas beat Kansas so they avoided Kansas. Then Drew Timme got called for his 3rd or 4th foul really early and UConn went on a game-ending run when he had to sit. This year, I think they have a favorable draw to the elite 8 and have a home game to get to the Final Four.

But who knows? You're a sprained ankle (or more significant injury) away from becoming irrelevant really quickly in sports. But at full strength, they're a handful and it will probably take someone's A game to beat them.

Not many teams left that lose to a B game! I still say UNC can hold up to any team left and at our best, will stomp a mudhole in most. UConn is dadgum good and they are a complete team, but they don't scare me in the least! I like our chances even though we can lose as well to anybody left.

Time to call next and see what happens!

This UNC squad is not losing to the same team twice! UConn is good, but if they play us again it will fill like a Duke vs UNC game, and I really think we beat them.

Both teams need to win, but Uconn is not unbeatable.

Game before last Houston looked near un-beatable and yesterday they had to go to OT to take out A&M?

Uconn is a really good team, they beat us early but they should have considering how many additions we were having to integrate and they returned a lot of their natty team. Danny Hurley has done a great job with his team, give him credit for that. But they do not look un-beatable to me, nor does Purdue, and clearly Houston is mortal after yesterday.

Bottom line is this tourney is WIDE OPEN, most of the sweet 16 teams can win it all.
agreed but they didnt return alot of their natty team, 1 starter to be exact

Reactions: dtodd4475
After 1992 UNLV and 1994 UNC, I stopped assuming college basketball outcomes until they played out.
UConn has all the reason to repeat as champs (as the above mentioned teams should have) but there is always hope someone rises to the occasion. I think our team can.

I'll worry about UConn if/when we get them. We have other jobs to finish first.

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
UConn and Purdue look like the best two teams in the country. But that does not mean a couple of upsets are nigh impossible.

And ESPN cannot alter the outcomes, not owning the broadcast rights.

I am more concerned with Bama than I am who we may meet if we are able to take Bama out.

I am looking at this schedule that Bama has played, their 2 best wins of the season were 1 against Auburn and 1 against Texas A&M, they did beat Florida in the season but got beat solid twice by the Gators after. Now of course they played and beat 2 power house programs in this NCAAT in College of Charleston and Grand Canyon, oh how will we survive that? This looks to me a bit like playing Miami without Omeir.

They can beat us for sure, if those guards get and stay white hot from the out side and we don't come out with fire and in survival mode. But I feel like I could say that about any ACC team outside of Louisville and ND? Yes, bama can shoot but they don't defend anyone. I am going to go ahead and assume the refs call a extra tight game tonight, if Bacot even looks at a bama player I expect the refs to blow the whistle. We should deny Sears the catch and when he does force him to give it up early and DO NOT help off him, especially when they drive, they look to kick it back out to Sears when they drive, so don't give him the catch and shoot trey, run him off the 3pt line and force him to pass it or shoot a 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT